22 replies to this topic

#1 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:31

Seems like we're just beatin a dead horse here, but how about this idea:

Quite a few complaints about a dying pvp ladder system and rightfully so I reckon.

Seems silly that it only requires such minimal effort and one can essentaily rape their tier for the dominance and tokens. The 350-399 range comes to mind for example. I'm sure there are more.

So why not change it a bit?

1. Minimum participation: Must have x number of ACTIVE participants in current ladder tier to aquire reward, medal time.

*By active I would say there must be an exchange of combat every 24-48 hours. You don't get 3 days to get your s#%t outa your mailbox, why so much time to hit someone else?*

2. If minimum participation requirements are not meet within the current band reset time, no rewards, no medal time are given for that particular band.

3. Remove the ability to bounty ladder hits.

4. Give an incitintive to participate in pvp ladder, maybe allegience tokens or something?

5. Increase the stam cap on ladder hits? ( this may be a bad idea, but what the hell...)

6. Change the rewards. many posts have suggested this, many great ideas out there, no need to elaborate further in this post.

All stated above are soley ideas, always room for improvement. Nothings going to change just sitting around whinning about it though..

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:50

Quite a few complaints about a dying pvp ladder system and rightfully so I reckon.

Seems silly that it only requires such minimal effort and one can essentaily rape their tier for the dominance and tokens. The 350-399 range comes to mind for example. I'm sure there are more.

1. Minimum participation: Must have x number of ACTIVE participants in current ladder tier to aquire reward, medal time.

*By active I would say there must be an exchange of combat every 24-48 hours. You don't get 3 days to get your s#%t outa your mailbox, why so much time to hit someone else?*

2. If minimum participation requirements are not meet within the current band reset time, no rewards, no medal time are given for that particular band.

4. Give an incitintive to participate in pvp ladder, maybe allegience tokens or something?

5. Increase the stam cap on ladder hits? ( this may be a bad idea, but what the hell...)

6. Change the rewards. many posts have suggested this, many great ideas out there, no need to elaborate further in this post.

All stated above are soley ideas, always room for improvement. Nothings going to change just sitting around whinning about it though..

1,2,3 and 6 I'd agree with.

4 and 5 ?

4 - is un-necessary if the rewards are all changed (or added to) as that in itself could provide sufficient motivation.

5 - you mean go above and beyond 100 stam hits ? - think that would STOP people joining the ladder rather than encourage them to.

6 - with new rewards, I'd like to also see new "tokens" needed to make them, otherwise those sitting on 1-hit-reset ladders will make a fortune for little to no work.

Heck, if 1-2-3 and 6 were implemented, I may be tempted to try it myself - once I reach other in-game goals.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:12

I agree with these points, but for one thing. What will make players want to join?

1 and 2 say that you need x number of participants to get the medal. I don't think that will change anything.

3 - Yes!!

4 - would be nice to see as it would be give players another incentive to play the ladder which might improve ladder participation

5 - you mean go above and beyond 100 stam hits ? - think that would STOP people joining the ladder rather than encourage them to.

I think he means that you can hit 200 stamina worth of hits as in 2x 100 stamina hits. Would make the ladder more competitive if the exchange of points were increased.

6. New rewards would go with number 4, more participation.

#4 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:44

I agree with these points, but for one thing. What will make players want to join?

1 and 2 say that you need x number of participants to get the medal. I don't think that will change anything.

3 - Yes!!

4 - would be nice to see as it would be give players another incentive to play the ladder which might improve ladder participation

I think he means that you can hit 200 stamina worth of hits as in 2x 100 stamina hits. Would make the ladder more competitive if the exchange of points were increased.

6. New rewards would go with number 4, more participation.

Well, I believe you answered yourself with #4 bud. Hell, they give ya 5 for just logging in, why not 5 or 10 more for signing up for your ladder tier?

As for the stam cap suggestion, I literally meant being able to hit someone with a greater amount of stam at 1 time. For example I wouldn't mind being able to use 200, 300, 500 stam in one hit. (just an extreme suggestion)

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:16

#6 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:00

As for the stam cap suggestion, I literally meant being able to hit someone with a greater amount of stam at 1 time. For example I wouldn't mind being able to use 200, 300, 500 stam in one hit. (just an extreme suggestion)

I believe it would work best with multiple 100 stamina hits rather than 200 or 300 stamina hits. I don't think 200 or 300 stamina hits will work now that there is the Smasher medal out there.

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 15:52

stamina for attacks or how we attack doesn't need to be changed for the PvP Ladder.. thats not going to add participation or competition at all.. not the healthy kind.

all the ladder needs is for the bounty board to stay out of it.. please BigGrim, make it so!!

..and for more rewards, different types, and possibly rotating resources(would just turn up with players stock piling but would help make them keep some value over time) to be added. HCS just needs to step up their game. Maybe the Resources from PvP Tokens can play some bigger part in the Composing idea  ;)

i actually do like the idea of Allegiance Tokens BUT if you add them for participating in the Ladder you will have to add it to other aspects of the game.. fair is fair..

#8 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 17:38

I'd settle on that change alone.

+1

#9 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 17:41

stamina for attacks or how we attack doesn't need to be changed for the PvP Ladder.. thats not going to add participation or competition at all.. not the healthy kind.

all the ladder needs is for the bounty board to stay out of it.. please BigGrim, make it so!!

i actually do like the idea of Allegiance Tokens BUT if you add them for participating in the Ladder you will have to add it to other aspects of the game.. fair is fair..

No arguments on that.

#10 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 18:20

Absolutely YES. It is actually quite sad to see some ladders with 2-3 players who are collecting tokens for doing nothing.

Tokens should be distributed only if there are 5+ players on the ladder and only if the players(all) use at least 1 100 stam hit(asking for more would probably be pointless)

Yup!

Though I'm not personally against buntiable ladder hits I have no problem if they separate BB from the ladder,most players want that and it shouldn't be to hard for HCS to do that.

Allegiance tokens as a reward for participating on the ladder would be a good reason for me to jump on it,though-they'd probably have to add it for participating in any other part of the game-it is the only fair thing.

Not quite sure about that one,shortening the time between hits would probably be a better thing.

Or...removal of deflect from the ladder :D

Yup! Though they should be bound in my opinion...if for nothing else-to increase activity.

#11 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 20:00

REALLY needed here! theres a cheat  on 300-350 right now who is well known for selling his integrity by participating in ladders only to sell the bountys.

Do you hit and lose 5 every time he plays team style or ignore him and allow someone to place this way???

#12 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 20:35

To the rest of the OP heres my thoughts,,,,

1. participation is flawed because the system is flawed (more on this below) so punishing the 2 players who still opted in isnt going to help anything. Participation is the issue not how its being played now.

2 once again restricting and punishing the people who are playing because its not active enough isnt going to help here. Fixing why theres nobody in ladder will.

3 YES AGAIN,,, the #1 reason people arent playing ladder is far too many times people have bountyed a competitor off the ladder, used team style with guildmates to "dominate" and the worse one the ladder merc who opts in and plays with only one goal, to get the FSP promised to bounty another ladder player a outside person wants to hit on bountys,,, it happens a LOT!

In fact id love to hear a suggestion on how a ladder player is supposed to handle someone they know will bounty them and has their little group waiting for you,,, I have found that ignore and bounty is the only way to handle them especially with the other half of it, posting someone who has people waiting to soft clear them isnt working in any part of pvp and should be looked into especially if many say pvp is why everyone quits.

4 they are called pvp tokens and dom/smasher medal,,, the incentive is there the rewards you can obtain with them are what isnt worth the time and stam now. Bring out new gear and the potions debated about long ago, bind the potions if they are well worth the effort to make and keep the gear unbound,, its been addressed many a time and still the #1 way to get people in ladder again.

5 No,, just no. I would add a big IF here,, as it is now you get 100 rating over your target and the rating gained drops, there is a point about 200 rating over the target where you get less rating for 100 stam (5) than by comparison with 10 (3). Adding more stam or even just 200 hits will screw up an already messy situation and is just not a good idea.

6 the rewards, pleanty said about it,,, this is what the ladder needs most something worth making again.

Finally id like to say a bit about ladder itself. Many ideas were put out during the last "fix" of the ladder and one I did was this,,,,

If you engage in any type of pvp or bounty you are automatically placed into the next pvp ladder.

This seems once again to be the best solution and seperating the pvp parts into bounty, ladder and mugger has only buried all. How does it make sense that someone can mug on bunnys but not be involved in pvp? How can someone spend the day hitting lower levels on bountys and not be a pvper??? Adding anyone who engaged in pvp to a ladder with their peers not only shuts up the self deluded "pvp bosses" but also brings the activity it was missing along with one final part of the puzzle,,,,

If someone hits a bunny, gets bountyed for it and a friend soft clears him you just annoyed the bunny and as far as people are saying (ive never seen one example of it myself) is these people are quitting over it. To be placed into the pvp ladder and have to either compete with other pros or become a rating bunny themself will give a little bit more satisfaction to those who should have better gear and hide their gold in the first place :)

However it ends up one thing is clear,,, the last fix of ladder didnt fix it. There are still problems and its making the ladder a empty place where there isnt participation but most of all punishing those who are still playing isnt going to fix this 

And most of all I havent found ANYONE who thinks pvp ladder hits should be bountyed and that should be the biggest priority for changes made there.

#13 TreeFrog

TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2013 - 21:12

Please do this. I might start playing the ladder again if this happens.

#14 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2013 - 21:42

Any player that is not on the ladder, who hits another player, for gold, for prestige, for a Bounty or any other reason.... gets auto opted in to the ladder on its next reset, for a minimum of ONE reset... Yay fun!  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#15 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 22:17

Any player that is not on the ladder, who hits another player, for gold, for prestige, for a Bounty or any other reason.... gets auto opted in to the ladder on its next reset, for a minimum of ONE reset... Yay fun!  :P

And you will see even more players quitting the game.

#16 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 22:31

you will see players quitting the game,,, hear that all the time never see it

Sure some will be hurt by this change, hanging out and hitting those who arent prepared and being cleared by a partner for minimal loss with no downside is something many do but in the end its still pvp if you want to hunt bunnys then you deserve to be put on the list for those who fight real enemys for real loss :)

But to elaborate on how I think this system gives the best compromise to all,,,,

You are only opted into the ladder and only will have rating hits with others on ladder, if you want to mug bunnys you can still do so,, you just will be hit a couple times by other pvpers untill you are too low rated to bother with :)

The bounty hunter may not be someone to add to this but after my test of leaving a couple million gold out and getting hit by 3 people not on ladder and no attacks from people that are shows clearly the pvp system isnt taking it all into consideration,,, currently its easy to hit bunnys and enjoy the aggrivation they get at it but also stay nice and safe away from people who DO want to hit others. 

Those opted into ladder by pvping can still hit bunnys it will only be gold and exp hits tho and for rating you got to fight someone prepared for it, this also goes hand in hand with the removal of bountys for ladder hits.

And finally since the main reason the ladder got "fixed" into oblivion already was the rep[orts of massive player quits over pvp, I didnt see it then nor do I see people leaving over one change now either except perhaps the one in 100 that is only here to annoy and steal from others to get some psychopathic thrill over being an annoyance that with current system has little to no chance of ever being punished for it,, they wont like this system of putting them in the shark tank after they get bunny blood on them :)

#17 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 April 2013 - 22:39

ive got to agree that removing the ability to place a bounty on a ladder attack is a good idea.. it seems to make sense, if you opt into the ladder you know the risks, and there for should take the hits without been able to make someone lose 5 lvls on the bounty board..

#18 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 19:39

ive got to agree that removing the ability to place a bounty on a ladder attack is a good idea.. it seems to make sense, if you opt into the ladder you know the risks, and there for should take the hits without been able to make someone lose 5 lvls on the bounty board..

Another thing id like to point out is you arent exactly accurate with "lose 5 levels" unless you hit once a day on pvp ladder. The glaring problem with allowing this is the blindsides that are going on 10 hits can equal 50 levels and people see that as a great way to knock someone out of gear and band.

So with the exception of how everyone should know there are @#$%%^*&s out there you DONT opt in fully expecting or knowing theres a risk for that much loss. When the bountys were changed to one hit one bounty they forgot to examine its effect on the ladder,, many have left ladder over this. Tokens are worth much less nowdays but I still get the random message offering to opt in and bounty everyone else if I would pay FSP or make gear in exchange. I know of at least one player opted in this current ladder who is well known for selling ladder bountys.

#19 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 14:02

YES!!!!! remove bounties from ladder hits.

#20 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 May 2013 - 16:21

you will see players quitting the game,,, hear that all the time never see it

Have to disagree with this.  It's obvious we have a declining player base, and I don't think we can eliminate any possible explanation, complaints with PvP being just one, of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: