ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 13:02

I cranked up the normal Eldevin Client (not the Steam one) and got this

sgOJiet.png

does the normal client talk to steam? i thought it was standalone.

don't know why it couldn't connect to the steam network as everything else is working fine

so i cranked up steam and it connected to my account ok and showed me eldevin

noticed that some of the achievements weren't working 

X61Raqw.png

i thought i saw a thing in the last release that said these were now fixed?

anyway i don't care that much because i use the standalone client because the key mapping is not working when i run it through steam

just seems odd

#2 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2014 - 15:16

The normal client should be standalone, were you trying to launch the game from the desktop icon? If the steam version creates a desktop icon it tends to overwrite the existing icon to point to the steam version. The non-steam version will still be in the Start Menu, from there you can send it to the desktop if you need to replace the shortcut.

I'm unsure what's going on with the Steam achievements. They should be working since the last big update and would be awarded once you login fully after selecting a character. If they still won't award can you provide the game's log contents since they may offer a hint as to what is happening.

The keymapping issue does sound odd, is there already a thread or ticket for the issue? The log from the steam version would hint as to whether the version running is awt or newt which is about the only thing that comes to mind that may affect it.

#3 Kambalo

Kambalo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:39

The achievements in Steam are borked, dont know what is the problem. The title of this topic is funny, reminded me of the jitter bug mount, "Steam bug"? LOL  :lol:

Seek and ye shall find.

The Master

#4 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 17:11

when i installed the steam version it created a new desktop icon shortcut (steam://rungameid/298160) but i never use that, i always use the standalone one with the little shield on it (C:\Program Files\Eldevin\EldevinClient.exe)

i haven't cranked up  the actual eldevin steam client since the last big update but the steam prog starts up and says it logged me in with the right steam id and it is there that you see the achievements. does it not talk to the eldevin server to get the achievements?

ok just cranked up the steam eldevin steam client and it popped up achievement unlocked notifications :)

i posted this before https://forums.hunte...apping-problem/

checked in options for awt or newt and found this

5HUsQ5g.png

looked in the log for the steam eldevin client and after some uninteresting stuff i found this

<17:01:35:361> MESSAGE [dhn->b: 1] Newt App - WINDOWED TO WINDOWED
RunnableTask.run(): A caught exception occured on thread AWT-EventQueue-0-Display-.windows_nil-1-EDT-1: RunnableTask[executed false, tTotal 0 ms, tExec 0 ms, tQueue 0 ms, attachment null, throwable java.lang.RuntimeException: Waited 5000ms for: <6ee5f7d5, 3bf1f9d4>[count 2, qsz 0, owner <GLGLNewtProcessor.WindowThread-AWTAnimator#00>] - <AWT-EventQueue-0-Display-.windows_nil-1-EDT-1>]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Waited 5000ms for: <6ee5f7d5, 3bf1f9d4>[count 2, qsz 0, owner <GLGLNewtProcessor.WindowThread-AWTAnimator#00>] - <AWT-EventQueue-0-Display-.windows_nil-1-EDT-1>
at jogamp.common.util.locks.RecursiveLockImpl01Unfairish.lock(RecursiveLockImpl01Unfairish.java:198)
at jogamp.newt.WindowImpl$SetSizeAction.run(WindowImpl.java:1043)
at jogamp.newt.DisplayImpl.runOnEDTIfAvail(DisplayImpl.java:434)
at jogamp.newt.WindowImpl.runOnEDTIfAvail(WindowImpl.java:2125)
at jogamp.newt.WindowImpl.setSize(WindowImpl.java:1085)
at com.jogamp.newt.opengl.GLWindow.setSize(GLWindow.java:504)
at a.dhl.c(GBAppFullScreenHandler.java:137)
at a.dhn.b(GBNewtFullScreenHandler.java:1)
at a.dhn$2.run(GBNewtFullScreenHandler.java:59)
at com.jogamp.common.util.RunnableTask.run(RunnableTask.java:133)
at jogamp.newt.DefaultEDTUtil$NEDT.run(DefaultEDTUtil.java:371)
DefaultEDT.run(): Caught exception occured on thread AWT-EventQueue-0-Display-.windows_nil-1-EDT-1: RunnableTask[executed true, tTotal 5040 ms, tExec 5040 ms, tQueue 0 ms, attachment null, throwable java.lang.RuntimeException: Waited 5000ms for: <6ee5f7d5, 3bf1f9d4>[count 2, qsz 0, owner <GLGLNewtProcessor.WindowThread-AWTAnimator#00>] - <AWT-EventQueue-0-Display-.windows_nil-1-EDT-1>]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Waited 5000ms for: <6ee5f7d5, 3bf1f9d4>[count 2, qsz 0, owner <GLGLNewtProcessor.WindowThread-AWTAnimator#00>] - <AWT-EventQueue-0-Display-.windows_nil-1-EDT-1>
at jogamp.common.util.locks.RecursiveLockImpl01Unfairish.lock(RecursiveLockImpl01Unfairish.java:198)
at jogamp.newt.WindowImpl$SetSizeAction.run(WindowImpl.java:1043)
at jogamp.newt.DisplayImpl.runOnEDTIfAvail(DisplayImpl.java:434)
at jogamp.newt.WindowImpl.runOnEDTIfAvail(WindowImpl.java:2125)
at jogamp.newt.WindowImpl.setSize(WindowImpl.java:1085)
at com.jogamp.newt.opengl.GLWindow.setSize(GLWindow.java:504)
at a.dhl.c(GBAppFullScreenHandler.java:137)
at a.dhn.b(GBNewtFullScreenHandler.java:1)
at a.dhn$2.run(GBNewtFullScreenHandler.java:59)
at com.jogamp.common.util.RunnableTask.run(RunnableTask.java:133)
at jogamp.newt.DefaultEDTUtil$NEDT.run(DefaultEDTUtil.java:371)

#5 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 19:32

Glad to know the achievements unlocked at least.

We'll continue looking into the other issues.

I get the same issue with the bindings (# key I wouldn't normally use for games, so never noticed). The issue seems to be something to do with the Newt input, both # and \ are generating the same keycode. In AWT though it returns the correct keycodes.

That exception looks like it would probably prevent the window properly resizing with Newt, do you remember anything like that happening?

#6 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 21:37

other keys are swapped too, though most of the ones that are different are on shift+keys

i use it because i am left handed and have a left handed mouse so use the numeric keypad for spells and the punctuation keys at the right of the keyboard

don't have any resizing problems, it works very well now except when i have a dual monitor setup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: