#1 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 March 2014 - 13:53

I think that professions should be account wide - that is, the same level for all characters (like achievements).

In a game where each character is only allowed to have a set number of professions, that's one thing. But is anyone really going to want to train forestry for the third time while leveling an alt? If you pick a specialty with each character you end up with a bunch of characters who you'll never max out.

I suggest that professions be account wide. Or something similar. 

Anyone else agree?

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#2 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2014 - 14:06

I support,

If you spent the time to get the levels in first place then you should be able to use those skills as you need. I don't see who's really gonna max out all skills on 16 accounts slots for the fun of it. I know i wouldn't bother getting up an alts skills.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#3 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 14:09

I support this. 

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#4 sttawnaes

sttawnaes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 15:00

I wouldn't have a problem with this.

#5 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2014 - 17:13

I support this as well, especially since the character limit is 16.

If the devs. implement this though, then the daily skill quests should be account wide so that people don't do the quests on every character they have. 

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#6 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 20:28

oh plz yes plz do this

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#7 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2014 - 20:50

This is something I don't agree with. What fun would it be for alts. Purpose of an alt is to role-play a different style. Most here seem to have forgot the fun roleplaying can be in a game. I have an alt for each of the major classes. Mage, Ranger, Templar and Healer. If all I had to do was run around and grind mob's, they would all be level 40 by now. 

#8 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 22:29

Its easy enough to pass things through from one alt to the other, just train professions on one account and if needed you can pass things through

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#9 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:00

This is something I don't agree with. What fun would it be for alts. Purpose of an alt is to role-play a different style. Most here seem to have forgot the fun roleplaying can be in a game. I have an alt for each of the major classes. Mage, Ranger, Templar and Healer. If all I had to do was run around and grind mob's, they would all be level 40 by now. 

Maybe I'm a bit weird, but it really bugs me to 'start' something and not finish it. I'm doing all of my professions on my main, and so I don't want to 'waste' time by gathering things on my alt. So whenever I get a quest that asks me to give ten void 'shrooms or something I have to log, get on my main, find room in vault, put in vault, relog, get the item, etc.

That just got me thinking: "Who is EVER going to want to level a profession again?" It just seems more reasonable this way.

Its easy enough to pass things through from one alt to the other, just train professions on one account and if needed you can pass things through

Yeah, I know, but it still bugs me.

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#10 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:01

I support this as well, especially since the character limit is 16.

If the devs. implement this though, then the daily skill quests should be account wide so that people don't do the quests on every character they have. 

Yeah, I think that that is a fair point. Even if my suggestion were not implemented, I could see people leveling professions on each alt and flooding the market with flakes.

#11 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2014 - 19:23

Yeah, I think that that is a fair point. Even if my suggestion were not implemented, I could see people leveling professions on each alt and flooding the market with flakes.

Yup, I know it's something that some people are doing already. I remember someone in the world chat said that she had bought the other 15 character slots so that she would be able to get more flakes. 

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#12 Atome

Atome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:20

Hell no, then everybody would train them once and get it on every account they make?  No...

If someday they make a leaderbord showing all these skill then it will just be messed up..

#13 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:36

I happen to like working my skills alot and I do have an alt and it is lvling some of its skills but not all of them why ya might ask well because it isn't worth while for me to get less exp for something I need to be able to lvl proffessions like ws, as, jewelery, or even lw so my alt is lvling forestry, skinning, mining and crystal cutting I know it seems wierd to some of you but it is what I like doing and I hate wasting exp. so once my alt is to high for the materials I need I will probably create another alt just so as not to waste exp  

#14 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:40

Hell no, then everybody would train them once and get it on every account they make?  No...

If someday they make a leaderbord showing all these skill then it will just be messed up..

In that instance I'd imagine the leaderboard would display account and not single character.

I happen to like working my skills alot and I do have an alt and it is lvling some of its skills but not all of them why ya might ask well because it isn't worth while for me to get less exp for something I need to be able to lvl proffessions like ws, as, jewelery, or even lw so my alt is lvling forestry, skinning, mining and crystal cutting I know it seems wierd to some of you but it is what I like doing and I hate wasting exp. so once my alt is to high for the materials I need I will probably create another alt just so as not to waste exp  

That makes sense. It still just seems really weird to me that it wasn't originally account wide. I think the market will end up flooded with flakes that have a very devalued worth. I was thinking that the extra xp would be displayed on leaderboards, so in that way the extra xp isn't a "waste", but I can see how that might be that way for you in regards to combat level.

I just hate having characters that aren't maxed on everything. :( Lol.

#15 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 13:40

Speaking from the Alchemy perspective, having a lot of flakes at lower cost will be useful because there are potions that require flakes. They boost sorcery, melee, or ranged for 1 hour by 10%. I suspect that as the level cap is raised, there will be higher level potions beyond these that require flakes. But -- as long as flakes are so expensive, who will be willing to use flakes for this purpose?

#16 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2014 - 13:48

I made a single stack of 10 Sorcery Potions, and haven't used one yet.   If you are in a weak group, why waste it?  (Since you will just wipe and the group will dissolve.) And if you are in a strong group, you don't need it.

These expensive potions only make sense in the context of Guilds/Raiding - i.e. well-established teams taking on hard content.  Not random groups on leveling instances.  So they are really useless now.

Also, these potions would be more interesting/usable if the effect persisted through death.

Edited by WowRefugee, 04 March 2014 - 13:54.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#17 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2014 - 14:12

Speaking from the Alchemy perspective, having a lot of flakes at lower cost will be useful because there are potions that require flakes. They boost sorcery, melee, or ranged for 1 hour by 10%. I suspect that as the level cap is raised, there will be higher level potions beyond these that require flakes. But -- as long as flakes are so expensive, who will be willing to use flakes for this purpose?

Flakes will go from being exensive to being dirty cheap. Everyone will have a bunch I'm worried. 

#18 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:28

well I for one don't sell my flakes I use them for my own personal needs so I like the fact that I can do the dailies on my alt as well as my main so that I can get the flakes I need and I intend to max my skills on oops not sure about my alt yet but I do know gathering skills on alt will probably be maxed rofl

#19 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:06

Sorry for bringing this back up but I want to make sure HCS staff sees this. 

#20 Melody

Melody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:59

No.... just no.....

That is all. 

Gathering

Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49

Crafting

Alchemy 49 | Armormithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewlery 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: