6 replies to this topic

#1 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 21:30

** Originally posted as comment but I think it can be its own thread **

Rare features seldom seen in MMO's today but that existed in the very, very oldest MMOs.

+++

Sashes: cast a single spell type - healing, lightning, freezing, etc. Give non-mage/non-healers a single type of spell. Holds fixed number of charges, must be recharged at NPC. Acts as gold-sink.

+++

Booby trapped chests:

Physically locked - poison, disease, explosive.

Magically locked - random teleport, summon mob, individual or group debuff of all buffs

Bashing chest open sets off booby trap.

To implement in Eldevin would require providing many chests with locks. Classes that would have unlock skills: Assassin (physical), Mage (magical)

+++

Traps: found in dungeons, consist of - poison, disease, random teleport, chutes that drop you to a lower and more dangerous level for multilevel dungeons, spinners that rotate you without noticing in a random direction so that you get confused since you are no longer heading where you think you are heading.

In Eldevin, the class that could learn the ability to "see" traps -- Rangers

+++

Stone -- dungeon boss effect -- not only does it kill you it turns you to stone. (Original games stone cost attribute points and aged character.) In Eldevin it would cost 10% attribute for 1 hour after resurrection.

In Eldevin, the class that could learn the ability to remove stone effect -- Prophets

+++

Charm -- ability to charm mob or mobs to fight with character. Lasts until mobs die. Charmed mobs cannot be healed. Charming a mob adds experience equal to killing it.

In Eldevin, the class that could learn the charm talent -- Templars. Note: this would help make templars more attractive to run because it would make templars easier to level.

+++

Intimidate - ability to cause mobs to flee. Only works on mobs below the level of the intimidator.

In Eldevin, the class that could learn the intimidate talent -- Warriors

+++

I think implementing concepts like this would help make Eldevin more unique.

Comments?

#2 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 04 March 2014 - 23:02

Class most effective on Trapps would be assin skill Tree

2 nd Ranger - As long as have pet out - alow dectected trap's

Ranger's Speacltie usly seting trap's using them - Simlure mean's to asssin use steath kill foe's with out being seen - thought at same time usly hvae high deagree of see trap's

Ranger in them self skill in seting deavtaing trap's - Range's pet give them bost to hidden dangure - same lvl as assin dection!

animle see unknoun danger before you could see danger ahead, Why have pet would give you higher % of perventing trap! as Ranger - Wolf - Make it worth using pet in it self

Edited by redsmokeboy, 04 March 2014 - 23:07.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#3 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 23:25

That would bring a whole new dynamic to working together in a group dungeon. Failing to work together could mean death or at least problems.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#4 InHaste

InHaste

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 00:42

A game I played long ago called Fate had a couple of these features. Btw, to those of you that check it out, I only played the first original one, it was, and still is the best one imo. :) 

Back to the list.. I really like these concepts myself. However the 'random teleport' from booby trapped chests would really suck. 

LazyAF - Ranger - Level 45

InHaste - Healer - Level 32

3721425.png

#5 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:35

These are D&D concepts.  Some of then won't translate well from pen-and-paper to a coded game.  Nevertheless, it's interesting.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#6 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:54

These are D&D concepts.  Some of then won't translate well from pen-and-paper to a coded game.  Nevertheless, it's interesting.

All were coded in prior games - back in the early 80's 30 years ago. I never played pen/paper D&D. But I get your point -- the group killing mobs and finding chests is a D&D concept.

And oh yeah -- the random tp was interesting when it blew the whole group! Not only might you land in a group of hostile mobs but you didn't know where to run. And if you survived, you didn't know where anyone else was.Fortunately some classes had a "locate" spell. Good times.

#7 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:25

Runescape has code few this function over time in there game! so some these sould be able be implent under java coding!

Solo player game's, Have many these function coded in there game's as well so don;t see being issue of coding in mmo vs solo player based on simlure mean's

simple trap door function easy set up basic coding!

Game simple coding Roblock's

Minecraft - game built bye user simple coding!

Easy set up some thing with these function for simple game!

From few ref should nto be to hard set up few thise function in coding - build game space - DGN set up!

Neverwinter has game bulder space build game space some them have few this function user genrated content with built in coding game spec's!

Invisable wall's Walk thought to hiden room space! to Walk on floor falling thought to room below! alonge line of trap's tell port you to other parts of DGN split party

Edited by redsmokeboy, 05 March 2014 - 02:33.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: