Photo

Epics Epics Epics, and those pesky hanger-on titans...........

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 15:53

Paingwin makes his triumphant return to the forums after over 4 years(fanfare hits its crescendo!)

(Ok, since I am typing this for the second time, Since my "session expired" after my first run through, and none of it was saved, know that I am typing this with anger in my heart LOL)

First, I have been playing this game for a decade, off and on at times. I came back to the game before Christmas, about 5 months ago, and was pleasantly surprised by something. The something I am referring to is the resurgence of some long dead epic items. The first ones in the game in fact. The Inferno Hammer, the Steamwork Cuirass, and the Writhing Ward.  All of these items were given a considerable boost in worth, and function with the tier system. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hammer P/FF +79 stamina           Cuirass P/FF 0 stamina           WW P/FF +125 stamina

0 stam gain                                0 stam gain                            2 stam gain

0 xp gain                                    0 xp gain                                1 xp gain

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tier 5               +223 stamina                               + 240 stamina                    + 202 stamina

5 stam gain                                  5 stam gain                         5 stam gain

4 xp gain                                      4 xp gain                             4 xp gain

Quite the considerable change if you ask me. And why not, the first epics in the game were experiments to be quite honest, and once others were introduced, deserved to be made "epic".

Titan hunting used to be one of the most lucrative areas in the game, now it's just a dead husk of what it once was. Since I came back to the game I have seen titans sit for WEEKS without being cleared, and even saw a titan get cleared and the item go to an INACTIVE player. Seriously, an inactive player received a titan epic because it took that long for it to get cleared? Titan epics have all but lost most of their value(incentive to hunt) and therefore become something of an off-chance past time. Here is an example......before I went inactive for 2 years, I bought a Deepwater Choker that was Perfect/Fully Forged for 300 FSP. Now I can go to the AH right now and buy one that is uncrafted without forges for 13 FSP. People are practically giving these items away, and the titans that drop them are living on the map far longer than they should. Something needs to be done about this, and I have a suggestion........  

Introduce the same type of tier system to "HUNTABLE" titan epic items as you did for the IH, SC, and WW. The overall stat enhancement doesn't have to be game changing, just enough to make them worth hunting again. And nothing as drastic as the aforementioned tier items. It takes 16 Inferno Hammers(in a perfect no failure world) to make a tier 5. This in itself is insane, just because the failure rate is ridiculous without the help of the best, and some "discontinued" potions in the game. Not to mention the other gear pieces required to make them which have become insanely expensive.Super Elite items required to invent an item is ok, IF the chances of finding an item from one isn't 1% with the best easily acquired FI1k pot. Hell I just sat and watched LE gear get sold for gold in the AH during the last LE during Easter.  Use those items for the recipe, and lets spice up GvG a little bit........

To invent the tiers of the huntable titan epics create a new "resource" or a few new "resources" that require guild RP to purchase. They can have a 100% extraction rate and be unaffected by Extractor II. Thus, increasing activity in GvG as well. Ok, I'm tired as I work 3rd shift and have been up past my bedtime. Thanks for looking at my post and rest assured Belaric, an even more epic post(suggestion) is still in the works lol. 

#2 tomjiggy67

tomjiggy67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 17:48

Great idea if you combine the Tier system with GvG earned items on the common Epics(like the Deepwater Choker). But lets not just include the lower level Epics in this mix. Maybe a Tiered Choker of Time, but it has to be made(each tier)with a Deepwater Choker and a few(just 2)different RP items(maybe a Bob's skull and a Fang). That would give a little higher value on all of the items mentioned AND make it harder to invent(cost of the Fang is currently around 650 RP). And it will take a while to complete a Tier 5 Choker of Time based just on cost and RP. Just in case you were wondering that combo just off the top of my head is: (1)Choker of Time + (1)Deepwater Choker + (1)Bobanarts Skull + (1)Fang of Meng Zeng = (1)Tier 1 Choker of Time. This is just an example of how the mechanics could be used, and I'm not sure if I like my example...LOL!

#3 Copperfoil

Copperfoil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 18:38

The problem with titans always has been and always will be that there is no incentive to kill them if you can't get the 50% secure. Why should I waste 2-4x more stamina just to get the same drop that somebody else got for being online when it spawned? Players being able to solo them was an even bigger mistake. Now you see the same person getting half a dozen kills of the Easter titans, even while their guild is on cooldown, while other guilds are left to farm three titan spawns to get enough TKP. It's a totally broken system. They should remove soloing and the 50% threshold and make every guild have to actually earn enough TKP.

The idea of upgrading titan epics isn't a bad one and it would certainly give them more value again. Maybe there's a system that would work if the upgrades relied on RP items rather than just combining epics. But, as is, titan hunting is a complete joke and I would hope that HCS doesn't implement upgrading without reworking how they're dropped.

#4 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 25 April 2019 - 22:36

i can see merit in the idea of using rp to invent items ,but cant see it working .RP is gained bu GvG ,and as its being stated in about 70000 threads the gvg system needs to be overhauled .

What about all these 1  or 2 player guilds that we have they would be at a huge disadvantage ,due to they would have no way of getting rp to make them ,yes they could buy them  ,but that would just counter productive

I still like the idea of upgrading the epics but i think we need to find a way that every player at any level (within reason ) has an equal and even chance of achieving them ,atm im not sure how we can do this but this is what the forums are for so lets get some ideas flowing ,

hopefully the Cows will look and take note after" its " finished 

5aZzW0p.png,

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2019 - 00:01

You want fair ? - instead of RP, use SE drops (they're scattered across all levels) - the vast majority of 'em are worthless now so this could add some value back to them ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 26 April 2019 - 00:05

You want fair ? - instead of RP, use SE drops (they're scattered across all levels) - the vast majority of 'em are worthless now so this could add some value back to them ...

dammmmm fine idea pardoux 

that way everyone can get them and use them  ,at all levels ,would liven up se hunting ,throw a bit of movement in se drops (which you stated) and get players moving around a bit more instaed of sitting protecting there wonderful extra 48 stam per day relics

Edited by activeh1, 26 April 2019 - 00:09.

5aZzW0p.png,

#7 tomjiggy67

tomjiggy67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:37

Exactly, Pardoux! Fine idea using SE drops. And I agree that RP/GvG system needs to be overhauled a bit. Make RP easier to earn and/or the items cost at least half(or a third) their current cost. There's also the issue of GvG targets paying exorbitant repair costs on their gear. I honestly lost count of how many players dropped from our guild because they didn't like how many times we were involved in GvG conflicts and they got hammered while offline.

#8 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:57

IMO it is better to use realm drops (SE, Elite, ....) + NEW Epic drops for the Tier System

it is better NOT to include any items from the PvP Ladder or Arena since players have been hoarding tokens for years !!!

also NOT include any RP items => current GvG system needs a re-work !!!

once the Tier Recipes are released the current realm titans (Ogalith, Deepwater Kraken, ...) will drop a "NEW Epic"

what I mean with NEW Epic drop is for Example this:

Ogaliths Fiery Grasp => Ogaliths Fiery Grasp II (or any name HCS chooses)

Deepwater Choker => Deepwater Choker II (or any name HCS chooses)

the NEW Epic will have the SAME stats as the previous one with just the difference that it will ONLY have a "different name"

this is very important so that ONLY the NEW Epics (Ogaliths Fiery Grasp II, Deepwater Choker II, ....) will work in the Tier System Recipes !!!

there are players who have been hoarding 100s of realm Epic drops for years (Ogaliths Fiery Grasp, Deepwater Choker, ...) & can invent dozens of the TIERED Epics on the 1st days once they are released & my suggestion counters that so that we ALL start from 0 to give every player an equal and even chance + this way the Epics values will NOT crush at the beginning & stay high for a very long time :)

I have only read the OP so sorry if what I posted has already been mentioned

smile.pngGood Luck & I hope to see the Tier System in the near future :)

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 April 2019 - 03:16

IMO it is better to use realm drops (SE, Elite, ....) + NEW Epic drops for the Tier System

it is better NOT to include any items from the PvP Ladder or Arena since players have been hoarding tokens for years !!!

also NOT include any RP items => current GvG system needs a re-work !!!

once the Tier Recipes are released the current realm titans (Ogalith, Deepwater Kraken, ...) will drop a "NEW Epic"

what I mean with NEW Epic drop is for Example this:

Ogaliths Fiery Grasp => Ogaliths Fiery Grasp II (or any name HCS chooses)

Deepwater Choker => Deepwater Choker II (or any name HCS chooses)

the NEW Epic will have the SAME stats as the previous one with just the difference that it will ONLY have a "different name"

this is very important so that ONLY the NEW Epics (Ogaliths Fiery Grasp II, Deepwater Choker II, ....) will work in the Tier System Recipes !!!

there are players who have been hoarding 100s of realm Epic drops for years (Ogaliths Fiery Grasp, Deepwater Choker, ...) & can invent dozens of the TIERED Epics on the 1st days once they are released & my suggestion counters that so that we ALL start from 0 to give every player an equal and even chance + this way the Epics values will NOT crush at the beginning & stay high for a very long time :)

I have only read the OP so sorry if what I posted has already been mentioned

smile.pngGood Luck & I hope to see the Tier System in the near future :)

I know people who hoarded wards and cuirasses, and they were thwarted from making tons of tier 5's simply because of the fail rate.  My self, I'm not enthused about inventing anything, so if it's not needed for a quest (DQ's included) I'm not gonna waste my time.  But I can see how hoarding might be a worry.  TBH, although I see the merit in your idea, I don't see how HCS would rework an older titan's drop to deter from what is supposed to be a free market system, especially in light of the fact that these titans in particular tend to remain alive for weeks at a time, as no one is interested in their drops even enough to hoard them....  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#10 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:32

I like the idea with some tweaking.......some spice to GvG is much needed!! Incentive to participate is always a good thing!! :)

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#11 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 13:27

I agree with using RP to upgrade, this alone would make GvG active again(although i agree there needs to be a rework)

I disagree that its unfair, look at TRIP, we are probably one of the largest guilds yet earn 1000s of RP because we actively take part in GvG. It's not hard to obtain

#12 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 27 April 2019 - 18:06

it is if only 2 or 3 of you in guild ?

5aZzW0p.png,

#13 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 20:15

like i just said, TRIP has 10s of members and its not a problem for us

Furthermore being in different sized guilds has different advantages, e.g. 

large guild = better relics, groups, all the gear you need, bigger titan hunting teams...

smaller guild = gvg...

#14 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 27 April 2019 - 23:18

like i just said, TRIP has 10s of members and its not a problem for us

Furthermore being in different sized guilds has different advantages, e.g. 

large guild = better relics, groups, all the gear you need, bigger titan hunting teams...

smaller guild = gvg...

yea but if 1 or 2 players in the guild they dont get any rp at all do they ?

therefore they at at diadvantage ,but if u use se everyoine can get them

Edited by activeh1, 27 April 2019 - 23:19.

5aZzW0p.png,

#15 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:02

idk what you mean but you need 4+ players in a guild, and 2 active, to start a gvg

#16 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:50

idk what you mean but you need 4+ players in a guild, and 2 active, to start a gvg

that is my point  if the guild is a single or 2 player guild they dont get any rp to make these tiered epics ,but everyone over about lev 25 can hit a se ,so therefore the se gear would be better to use ,as everyone can get it 

5aZzW0p.png,

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:45

This idea works for me. There is absolutely no reason to over complicate these things. Super Elites and the Epic to be upgraded. Should drain the surplus stock pile of both item types.

~ Grim

#18 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 15:53

This idea works for me. There is absolutely no reason to over complicate these things. Super Elites and the Epic to be upgraded. Should drain the surplus stock pile of both item types.

~ Grim

I'm fine with this, I simply suggested using RP items as a way to spark up GvG. The only true problem I can see with using SE items is the fact that so many SE items are already used in recipes. Best to try to ensure that the items used aren't already in other recipes, as the drop rates on SE's are ridiculous as it is. 

I just hope it isn't anything like the Inferno Hammer and the other 2 as in......

Inferno Hammer + Inferno Hammer = Tier 2

Tier 2 + Tier 2 = Tier3

ETC......

More along the lines of.........

Deepwater Choker + Deepwater Choker + SE items = Tier 2

Tier 2 + Deepwater Choker + SE items = Tier 3

ETC.....

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2019 - 16:04

I'm fine with this, I simply suggested using RP items as a way to spark up GvG.

GvG needs it's own update I think.

The only true problem I can see with using SE items is the fact that so many SE items are already used in recipes. Best to try to ensure that the items used aren't already in other recipes, as the drop rates on SE's are ridiculous as it is.

I have a document for that.

I just hope it isn't anything like the Inferno Hammer and the other 2.

It's done that way on purpose to absorb the vast quantity of the things in the game. Hunted ones are also all over the place so would likely go with that.

~ Grim

#20 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 16:58

I agree, GvG has needed an update for years, but has been shown very little love since my days in Order of the Dark Plague. I mean yeah, the introduction of the RP epics was great and all, but I always felt as if it could have been more. Regular gear used for GvG and cheaper costing RP items to craft them would have been great, and possibly kept a few of the great GvG guilds together and playing. Possibly a rotating(resetting) ladder perhaps......but that's for another thread. 

ONWARD!!!!

Well, I believe I have done my part in getting the conversation started. Now, it's in the hands of the mighty Cows.....but before I go, wasn't the solo secure of titans made possible so that individuals not in a guild could secure a titan item? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: