ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:40

Not sure if you've changed this to how it is now intentionally or not. But it has changed from how it used to be. IMO used to be much better.

Before you could /whisper (/w) someone and it would go into General Chat. Their replies would also come into General chat.

All group chat messages would also come to General chat to be read.

Now all /whisper (/w) messages appear in General, Realm and Group and give flashing notifications for each.

Group chat messages can not be viewed in General chat.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#2 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:30

I partially agree with you.  Having any message only show up in general chat often does little good.  If you're forging etc, the message is off the screen before you can read it.  I don't mind missing the occasional general chat, but I hate missing whispers.

I would remove the whisper and group message from general chat, but leave whisper in the other two places.

Of course, this is all temporary.  HCS has said the long term plans are to allow the player to configure what goes into which chat box.  Though no date (that I remember) was given.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#3 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 July 2013 - 15:13

Fixed the bug where group messages didn't go into the general chat like intended. The whisper behavior is intentional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: