Photo

Healer Guide

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 23:39

http://tinyurl.com/EldHealerGuide

Edited by Elrog, 05 October 2017 - 00:33.

#2 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:25

Nice guide :)

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#3 Alendra

Alendra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 15:37

Thanks a lot for sharing  ;) 

A lot of tips inside. Nice work  :D

#4 JoDu

JoDu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 October 2017 - 15:37

Yes, nice work on this guide :)

#5 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 17:29

Now that I've posted it im seeing all of my typos.. lol

Will get them fixed within the next few days

Edited by Elrog, 05 October 2017 - 17:30.

#6 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 19:46

Nice work on the guide. Some of it is certainly your preference rather than required for a healer, but overall pretty decent.

My current healer build, for what's it's worth, is below. I have pure ruby in essence, then a flawless coral and perfect agate in staff. I don't use aqua or zirc as I do not find them to be any use at all. It is easy to keep close enough to tanks, even sintanks with swift stride. I much prefer defence gems, so I can heal/dps more. My crit is 70% (with crit obe) and my haste is 65% (rising to 75% with a crit heal).

http://talenttheory....G3H1I1J2L2Q1V1/

Edited by Kendiosa, 16 November 2017 - 23:23.

#7 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 21:33

I didn't say required to be able to heal. And you could say that zirc/aqua are preference but I wouldn't agree to going as far as to say they aren't any use at all.

Edited by Elrog, 05 October 2017 - 22:55.

#8 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 19:49

Fixed some areas with bad typing and added more specifics to the talents explaining how they interact with each other.

Will add more dungeon or pull-specific guidelines to the Guidelines for Healing section in the coming days.

#9 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:11

I didn't say required to be able to heal. And you could say that zirc/aqua are preference but I wouldn't agree to going as far as to say they aren't any use at all.

My statement is true. I don't find zirc/aqua any use for my healer. I don't need to move quicker. I don't need the very small amount of mana regen that aqua adds in combat. I do like two extra defense gems instead. I was offering advice based on my playing style and experience.

My statement wasn't - zirc/aqua are no use to anyone. Maybe some people can't keep up in dungeons without a zirc. Maybe their talent point distribution or lack of potions means they can't keep their mana. If this is the case then I can see how those 2 gems would be helpful.

Edited by Kendiosa, 10 October 2017 - 09:11.

#10 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 17:50

Your statement was "I don't use aqua or zirc as I do not find them to be any use at all." The statement said you do not use them because you don't find them any use "at all". You did not say for your healer.

Also, the usefulness of zirc depends on the tank. Its not just about some people not keeping up. When I tank, the group does not keep up with me well on pulls.

The usefulness of aqua depends on if you want to be able to spend more time attacking when you do not need to be healing. It isn't just lack of potions (except arguably in icc) or talent distribution.

Edited by Elrog, 10 October 2017 - 17:56.

#11 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 21:34

Your statement was "I don't use aqua or zirc as I do not find them to be any use at all." The statement said you do not use them because you don't find them any use "at all". You did not say for your healer.

It is a topic about a healer guide. I also started that paragaph with: "My current healer build..." so taking both together it should be obvious I am talking about my healer. Apologies if it was not.

Also, the usefulness of zirc depends on the tank. Its not just about some people not keeping up. When I tank, the group does not keep up with me well on pulls.

I healed you on my healer and could keep up fine, in both ARG and ASV. I also heal other sintanks without falling behind.  So I am fine without zirc. If others struggle (lead boots perhaps?!) then I can see they may need a zirc to help. 

The usefulness of aqua depends on if you want to be able to spend more time attacking when you do not need to be healing. It isn't just lack of potions (except arguably in icc) or talent distribution.

I appreciate the thought behind it, but I still think the amount of mana regen from an aqua is just so low during combat as to not be useful. And I have a perfect fused one that I have tested. I know you are not the only person who likes them, but I just don't see it myself. 

#12 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:46

It is a topic about a healer guide. I also started that paragaph with: "My current healer build..." so taking both together it should be obvious I am talking about my healer. Apologies if it was not.

Sorry for misunderstanding.

For healers that do not have soothsaying, zirc helps to counter the beetle slow in rg/arg. I'd rather use the zirc and get the two talents to spend elsewhere but that is just preference like you were saying.

Also, I don't think we are using the same definition of keeping up. I don't mean keeping up enough to get there and snow before the tank dies, I mean being able to get into the boss room asap for into boss pulls. It lets you start dps'ing the boss earlier and keeps mobs from lagging behind.

#13 Neceini

Neceini

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:43

Looks like a nice guide Esora :) I admit to skimming most of it, but it looks very detailed and helpful for those wanting to get into the healing game.

I just wanted to add in here why I personally use a zirc on my dungeon healer. For tanks to have zircs is great, stay ahead of the damage. Even if they don't have SS, it helps prevent a lot of damage on he run in. I like to pull off bleeds or slows off the tank (and me) while running. Serenity slows me down every cast. And I need to keep up so I can be snowing when all the damage is taken when the tank finally does park. With all of that considered, I choose to use a zirc. My boots were made for runnin! :D

Oh, and I use an aqua because I had to make use of my glorious shinney :P Even at that tier tho, I feel there should be more regain. I'm sure it could be easily matched with a few skill points and that spot used for defense gem instead.

Personal choices of course, everyone has different ways to do things! Heal on :)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: