• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 13:35

The idea is to demonstrate to the COWS why some DQ are worthless. I understand they are for free and we decide to complete them or not. But the reason they were create in the first place (if I understood well) was to motivate people to login everyday. If one of the DQ are worthless, then the objective is compromised. As a community we should tell the COWS that there is something wrong going on, even if they don't want to listen; I think.

Having said that, I propose to define the quests according to what the player can do, instead of randomize it.

So here is my first (yesterday I posted one in another topic).

[ Common ]
Reduce a Titan's HP by 75
0 / 75
Gain +325 Current Stamina

Drawback: If I am going to kill a Titan, probably I am not in his area, so I have to travel. The normal case scenario would be 50 stamina (25 + 25 -> two portals), plus some gold. If I am able to kill it 5 times at the same location, then I have to travel 15 times. If each travel takes 15 steps, then I will be using 225 stamina. If I am able to 1-hit kill, then I am going to use 75 stamina. The outcome is: 50 + 225 + 75 = 350. In this case I am not buying any skill/potion, like Teleport, for example. I am not counting the displacement between to Master Realm and the Realm where the Titan is, nor the travel back to the realm I was before. The only advantage is to get 75 TKP. Other problems arise: sometimes there is no active Titan for the level someone is in; many times there are a lot of people hunting the same Titan so the scenario is worse; sometimes one doesn't have enough resources (stamina, for example) to complete the quest when awake.

Edited by MSCruz, 21 October 2016 - 13:38.

dilbert-input.png?resize=538%2C241

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 October 2016 - 14:51

Bear in mind, your buffs like Light Foot will work with Titan hunting. As for Titan availability, there's almost always something out there and these are also designed to encourage you to level up.

Can we review them? Sure. Tweaks have been made. Tweaks will continue to be made. However, I suggest everyone keeps their comments constructive and keeps comments like "It's useless/worthless!" out of the discussion. Some of the rewards might not be something YOU might want but others DO find the rewards useful. 

~ Grim

#3 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 15:57

Bear in mind, your buffs like Light Foot will work with Titan hunting. As for Titan availability, there's almost always something out there and these are also designed to encourage you to level up.

Can we review them? Sure. Tweaks have been made. Tweaks will continue to be made. However, I suggest everyone keeps their comments constructive and keeps comments like "It's useless/worthless!" out of the discussion. Some of the rewards might not be something YOU might want but others DO find the rewards useful. 

~ Grim

Sorry, BG, but I am trying to be constructive.  Worthless is just a word to represent something without practical value or usefulness, according to the freedictionary.com. I could use pointless, instead. I understand others can see it as valuable but I think you missed my point.

To kill a Titan I must find out which ones are active and this is not an easy task. As I like Titan hunting I have such list; for example, now the active ones are: Echiphon, Kraganath, Kojin, Tsukiyaomo, Wazargs, Elder, Colossus, Earth Guardian, and Eater of Time. The only one I can kill is the Earth Guardian. How I know that? Because I went to the News Archive and followed the "path".

To me, not necessarily to everyone, this task is pointless because I will spend more stamina to do it than I will receive. Of course I can use Light Foot, and I use it, but this skill is just a 7.5% chance. In my scenario (I think the best scenario) taking into account LF, 350 stamina turns to 324 stamina, a tie. But we must take into account the buffs we apply to ourselves and other variables that make costs rise.

I do Titan hunting, leveling, arena, composing, inventing, farming. I do almost everything but PvP. I think DQ are a great idea for those who need motivation to play the game. I don't, I am an active player because I like the game, simple as that!

In short, I think something motivational gives you a plus so, how a draw (at the best) is motivational?

Edited by MSCruz, 21 October 2016 - 16:02.

"There's no such thing as constructive criticism" by Tony Schwartz for Harvard Business Review

#4 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 October 2016 - 16:06

Sorry, BG, but I am trying to be constructive.  Worthless is just a word to represent something without practical value or usefulness, according to the freedictionary.com. I could use pointless, instead.

And neither is accurate as I said. While a reward might not be good for you it is good for others.

To kill a Titan I must find out which ones are active and this is not an easy task.

Scout Tower?

The only one I can kill is the Earth Guardian. How I know that? Because I went to the News Archive and followed the "path".

Use the Ultimate Fallen Sword Guide to reference things? This is dead easy.

To me, not necessarily to everyone, this task is pointless because I will spend more stamina to do it than I will receive.

Again, "pointless" is inaccurate. Not worth the stamina is more accurate. So suggesting an increase to the stamina gained from such a Daily Quest would be the constructive feedback we're looking for.

#5 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 16:46

I agree there are some daily quests that seem silly to me.  But for every one I think isn't worth my time, there are 2 guildmates/friends  who are thrilled to get the same thing. You are rarely going to 'break even' on any quest. The point is to work for the reward. If you don't think the effort is worth the reward, then wait until tomorrow. It's not always going to work in your favor. That makes the days that it does all the nicer. 

I do think the cows should look at ways to make sure a lower level player can actually complete the task set out. Not sure how to do that, but that's what the cows get paid the big bucks for.  Maybe something like a 1 x a day reset button on the daily for those who can't complete the daily set that day. Though even as I write that, I see where it could be abused.

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 October 2016 - 16:56

I agree there are some daily quests that seem silly to me.  But for every one I think isn't worth my time, there are 2 guildmates/friends  who are thrilled to get the same thing. You are rarely going to 'break even' on any quest. The point is to work for the reward.

Exactly right! 

Maybe something like a 1 x a day reset button on the daily for those who can't complete the daily set that day. Though even as I write that, I see where it could be abused.

Dunno if this is possible but I can certainly ask Hoofmaster about it. However, I'd want to make sure it rerolls as another DQ of that Rarity to stop people trying to get a better rarity.

#7 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 17:10

Dunno if this is possible but I can certainly ask Hoofmaster about it. However, I'd want to make sure it rerolls as another DQ of that Rarity to stop people trying to get a better rarity.

I really like that as an idea. And I agree there should be no difference in rarity. Otherwise a lot of people will take a punt trying to change a common quest into a legendary one. But there have been a fair few I have liked and a fair few I really have not. It would make me more excited about the next one if I knew should I not like it I get another shot. :)

#8 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 17:14

Exactly right!

I would pay a few fsp if needed to reroll my Daily Quests if I had the chance! :). Possibly even every day I got one with a current stamina reward.. Lol

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#9 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 18:12

Would you please explain the rationale behind these two similar quests?

TOPIC: SHOULD SOME DQs BE REVIEWED?

I think this one should.

[ Rare ]
Defeat 450 Champion creatures: Gain +25 Max Stamina

[ Legendary ]

Defeat 225 Champion Creatures : Gain +610 Reserve Stamina

Shouldn't a Legendary quest be more difficult? I'm not attempting to quantify the reward, I'm merely addressing the disparity between a more difficult rare quest than a Legendary one. Am I the only one who sees it?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#10 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 22:19

I honestly have to say I don't see a difference between the rarity of quests. I know there is suppose to be one, but it isn't obvious to me. None of them seem 'harder' then others to do.  I've liked more of the common and rare dq's then the legendary ones. But that might just be because I don't bother with the dq's that aren't worthwhile for my game play style. 

#11 MSCruz

MSCruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 22:49

And neither is accurate as I said. While a reward might not be good for you it is good for others.

Scout Tower?

Use the Ultimate Fallen Sword Guide to reference things? This is dead easy.

Again, "pointless" is inaccurate. Not worth the stamina is more accurate. So suggesting an increase to the stamina gained from such a Daily Quest would be the constructive feedback we're looking fo

BG, please don't assume I am not doing something. I always use the UFSG to know more about things and to plan my course of action. I know about the Scout Tower, but I cannot afford it. Despite I am not native English speaker, I think "pointless" expresses my perception of the DQ. And perception represents a personal point of view. Even if I did not ask to increase the stamina gain it is implied in my calculations and rationale.

I can give some ideas about how to improve this kind of quest to any user, but it would take some more coding. For example:

DQ.OK = false

while .not. DQ.OK

DQ = rollDQ(user)

end

function rollDQ(user) {

DQ=randomizeDQ()

if DQ.type = "Titan"

DQ.OK=isTitanLevelandActive(user.level)

endif

<other tests>

end

Or something like that. I apologize if I offended you or the staff. If I didn't care about the game I wouldn't say anything. Also, I don't want to impose my point of view, just trying to express it. After all, is pointless to debate on points of view. As I said, I don't need the DQ, don't care about medals, I play for fun. I thought the DQ was created to give players a reason to play everyday, but if people keep skipping then something is wrong with the its very concept. Again, this is my point of view.

#12 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 23:57

I do think the cows should look at ways to make sure a lower level player can actually complete the task set out. Not sure how to do that, but that's what the cows get paid the big bucks for.  Maybe something like a 1 x a day reset button on the daily for those who can't complete the daily set that day. Though even as I write that, I see where it could be abused.

totally agree with you !!!

currently the ones "benefitting the most" from DQs are EOC (like me) since we are overflowing with stam & it "hardly" matters how much stam a DQ needs for "us" to complete !!!

(I am still doing ALL the DQs I get when I am online, no matter the reward or how much stam they require to complete due to me overflowing with stam either way + despite my dislike towards quests in general :P)

I suggested back then IF the rewards were to increase then to give NEW & lower players better rewards then the higher lvl ones !!!

the higher (level) you are the less DQ reward you would get

the lower (level) you are the more DQ reward you would get

(both get the same DQ BUT the rewards are different for them)

now not only the difference in levels is growing between EOC & NEW / LOW player BUT also in upgrades thanks to the DQs !!!

please keep in mind to show some love to NEW / LOW players so they can catch up (level & upgrade) faster to "us" (EOC)

hopefully this time will NOT fall on "deaf ears", really believe this could help NEW / LOW players !!! :)

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#13 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:50

I can't think of anything worse for the game than making it unplayable for new players. Nothing! This is where developmental interaction with players is mandatory. There should be a stickied thread just to find and fix these issues.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#14 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:46

I have to agree with whats been said here, since the new update alot of the quests have become even more "unfriendly" to a new player than before. Most of the Rare and Legendary quests already take up way more stamina than a new player would be willing to spend (some commons may also be guilty of this). I think having the option to choose in preferences between either: 

A- All DQ Rarities,

B- Only Common and Rare 

C- Common Only

would help players who are willing to only spend a smaller amounts of stamina and time get a quest they feel comfortable doing.

It might also be a good idea to add a new difficulty "Beginner", only available for new players (Below Level 100 or something like that) which overall have lower requirements. Players under Level 100 can still choose higher tier quests but also have that additional option to get only "Beginner Quests". These quests should avoid stuff like Titan Kills, SE kills, or Class Specific Kills since these are typically less applicable down there or are usually competitive. If anything it should include quests that new players will likely already be doing (Kill X Normal Creatures, Kill X Champions, Walk X Steps, PvP, Arena). Since these dont detract them from their normal activities (Hunting/PvP) they will more likely be logging in the next day to get them done.

Edited by Achub, 22 October 2016 - 05:46.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#15 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 20:11

Would you please explain the rationale behind these two similar quests?

TOPIC: SHOULD SOME DQs BE REVIEWED?

I think this one should.

[ Rare ]
Defeat 450 Champion creatures: Gain +25 Max Stamina

[ Legendary ]

Defeat 225 Champion Creatures : Gain +610 Reserve Stamina

Shouldn't a Legendary quest be more difficult? I'm not attempting to quantify the reward, I'm merely addressing the disparity between a more difficult rare quest than a Legendary one. Am I the only one who sees it?

@lou, I agree with you to a degree on this one on a personal level

TO SAVE TIRED EYE(S)... you can skip down to "Avoid Egami Diatribe" at the bottom.

That said, however, it's an interesting debate and I can see how it's totally character based.

The rewards are NOT the same. Reserve stam seems to be the tasty reward, but hear me out:

610 "reserve" stam for 225 creatures and eventually the prize is gone.

25 max stam NEVER disappears. 

On a base calc, we're looking at the "need" for that max stam, in its entirety, to be used 24.4 times. If we just use the base creature kills, we could "assume" 48.8 times for the exact same stam usage.

Again, for me, not so great based on my personal preference.

But for newer players with little max stam that come on and have overflowed (be that due to time or because they've embarked on stam gain), sounds great to me. Even if they played every day, the reward would be worthwhile within just two months.

Beyond that, realize that those same players will also "eventually" have access to that same Reserve Stam reward.

In that light, I'm not so sure which of the two rewards deserves which classification.

I can only guess that the Reserve Stam one is in Legendary because you can't get reserve stam anywhere else (crosses fingers that we don't need to get any for the regular reasons, lol).

AVOID EGAMI DIATRIBE:

So, to directly respond to your question, I don't think the DQs are classified on difficulty but on a combination of difficulty and reward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: