Photo

Fallen Sword Mobile Beta (Skills and Buffs)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2018 - 16:48

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying V0.2 of the Fallen Sword Mobile Beta. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your feedback on the latest version. We are all hard at work to use this feedback to make V0.3 an even better experience for everyone!

As well as bug fixes and changes based on feedback we have also been working on new features for the next update. For the last 2 weeks I have been working with skills and buffs to add this highly requested feature to the mobile version. I am happy to announce that this is now complete and will be available in the V0.3 update coming soon! 

SkillTree1.png SkillTree2.png SkillTree3.png SkillTreeHud.png

As you can see from the above images, the mobile version is similar to that of the browser. However, if you look a little closer you may notice that there are a few small improvements, but I'll let you discover them for yourself. :P

One thing I will point out though is the buff bar in the top left corner of the fourth image. This bar displays all buffs that are currently active on the player and will update at real time, meaning you no longer need to refresh to find out if a buff is still active. If the image is in the bar then the buff is active. 

That's all I'm going to say about this for now. I hope these screens have got you all excited for V0.3! I am looking forward to the next update so that you can all try this out for yourselves!

But for now, enjoy V0.2 and Happy Hunting!

Conix :)

#2 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 17:18

One thing I will point out though is the buff bar in the top left corner of the fourth image. This bar displays all buffs that are currently active on the player and will update at real time, meaning you no longer need to refresh to find out if a buff is still active. If the image is in the bar then the buff is active. 

Very nice addition. Better than the game itself (without FSH) and hope it gets brought back to desktop.

On that note, will there be the option to choose multiple buffs for a single player, set up buff packs and buff multiple players?

Just curious... or perhaps a suggestion if it isn't in the works. 

Prosperous coding JC. 

EDIT: specified "wout FSH" in case peeps were confused. One of things I notice when playing from a device other than home. 

Edited by Egami, 11 April 2018 - 17:21.

#3 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 April 2018 - 17:44

On that note, will there be the option to choose multiple buffs for a single player, set up buff packs and buff multiple players?

Hi Egami,

I'm really happy you like the new skill tree. :)

As for Multi-buffs, there will be an option for this in a later update. We really wanted to give the players the ability to cast buffs on mobile. Making a system to handle multiple buffs on multiple players will take some time, so we plan is to release single buffs for now so the ability to cast them is there.

I hope you understand, and I hope you enjoy using the multi-buffs when we get it working in a later update.

#4 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 18:34

Nice

Edited by Qloak, 11 April 2018 - 18:51.

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 23:18

Hi Egami,

I'm really happy you like the new skill tree. :)

As for Multi-buffs, there will be an option for this in a later update. We really wanted to give the players the ability to cast buffs on mobile. Making a system to handle multiple buffs on multiple players will take some time, so we plan is to release single buffs for now so the ability to cast them is there.

I hope you understand, and I hope you enjoy using the multi-buffs when we get it working in a later update.

Liked and thanks for the feedback. 

Full-on understand it's a work-in-progress. Hope that came through in the prior reply. 

Prosperous coding JC! (o0

#6 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 23:30

That forth image looks askew. With all the Buffs that one can get in the game. I can't imagine what the screen would look like. If someone had almost all the available Buffs.

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:46

a quick option to hide/show buffs would be good.. a toggle button or something right there

#8 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:20

Using the full site version on my pixel 2 I can buff all buffs or 3 already. the question becomes will this eliminate peoples need to use Helper? Is that an ambition of this App development?

#9 chironex

chironex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:12

Not really related to buffs, but a suggestion anyway. When looking at ur backpack u can sort things by gear item, alphebitically by name or by duration you have owned the gear. However I could not figure out how to sort the backpack by level of the item. Will this feature be added later?

-Chironex

-HMFIC

-Brooklyn, NY

#10 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:11

That forth image looks askew. With all the Buffs that one can get in the game. I can't imagine what the screen would look like. If someone had almost all the available Buffs.

All buffs are stored in the box under the player information at the top left of the screen. You can scroll through all the buffs in this box by sliding the panel. Its not overly obvious in this image, but if you look really closely then you can see the edge of a 5th buff at the end of the list. So no need to worry about buffs taking up all the screen space.

#11 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:22

Not really related to buffs, but a suggestion anyway. When looking at ur backpack u can sort things by gear item, alphabetically by name or by duration you have owned the gear. However I could not figure out how to sort the backpack by level of the item. Will this feature be added later?

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be adding different sorts of sorts eventually, based on importance, I can try to squeeze in a level sort for the next build, just need to find a way to not clog the screen too much with options.

cheers,

kami

#12 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 16:14

based on importance, a repair button ? a test server with unlimited stamina so we can test every aspect of the game? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: