Photo

Composing - In Detail (Revision 1.2)

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing Poll (458 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think we should go ahead and add revision 1.2 of Composing should be added to the game?

1. Yes (392 votes [85.59%])

Percentage of vote: 85.59%

2. No (66 votes [14.41%])

Percentage of vote: 14.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:02

I voted no, for a combination of the above reasons.  Also, I was HORRIFIED at the current low level of votes cast! This change represents a major game adjustment. If you are going to do a poll at alll, put it where the majority of players (at least for that day) will see it.  Right now the vote only represents a forum view, which has to be a minority of the players.

#42 dazriel

dazriel

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:12

I voted no, for a combination of the above reasons.  Also, I was HORRIFIED at the current low level of votes cast! This change represents a major game adjustment. If you are going to do a poll at alll, put it where the majority of players (at least for that day) will see it.  Right now the vote only represents a forum view, which has to be a minority of the players.

Its posted on the home page and a pm sent to every player with a link to the poll. What more can they do ?

#43 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:13

And in general I think idea is good. It may put life back to SE hunting.

There's no "life putting  back into SE hunting" needed - check the SE logs - they get killed with regularity ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#44 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:13

Its posted on the home page and a pm sent to every player with a link to the poll. What more can they do ?

In-game voting? they did it once right?

#45 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:17

I think this looks like a good idea, and for the high level players that are worried about lvl 50 players making lvl 1600 potions...
Well I cant see that happening any time soon, they would be too expensive to make, even for me, and i am level 1400+. I like the idea of levels added to ability of making potions, and as long as none of the potions can be sold, I really can not see the problem...
why would a low level player bother with the cost and the resourses needed for making a potion he/she totally did not need, and can not sell.

The cost of these potions seems ok to me for now, and will be a good item and gold sink.

Personally I will vote yes, even if I might not use the inventing to often, if ever :-)

#46 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:23

If your going to lower the amount of possible fragments we can get wouldn't it make sense to lower your formula?

#47 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:26

I think this looks like a good idea, and for the high level players that are worried about lvl 50 players making lvl 1600 potions...
Well I cant see that happening any time soon, they would be too expensive to make, even for me, and i am level 1400+. I like the idea of levels added to ability of making potions, and as long as none of the potions can be sold, I really can not see the problem...
why would a low level player bother with the cost and the resourses needed for making a potion he/she totally did not need, and can not sell.

The cost for an potion completely depends on the buff lenght and the skill level. So an AL200-30m will be just as expensive as an SH200-30. The last one will be useless for an lower level player, but the first one will be very usefull.

Please note that an distilled 170 potion (assuming the cheap dstill) will be just as effective as an bought buff. .  Those can be made with commen, rare and unique items, which you can easily farm anywhere on the market.

#48 joeinvegas

joeinvegas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:28

I think there are enough reasons listed above to vote NO........we need to try it first ... Anyway to make a test period?......against as I disagree with the fact that an Level 50 player can make Level 1600 potions.

. .....Is there anything to stop guild tagged items from being broken down?.......the way the game is designed now, it actually forces people NOT to play the game,....  hunt with full stam, when lvls get harder you try to add more stam, so it takes longer for stam to build up, so longer between hunts, so people find other things to do,.......not really something everyone will want to do,....

#49 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:34

1 other thing your formula says above "level" yet in your example it uses fragments at the level for 50 and 250.

#50 iambrad

iambrad

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:37

It is not like a low level player is going to make lots of these potions  to start off with.  They barely will have backpack space to hold the one or  two  they do make.   If a low level player does start to make lots of potions then they upgraded their backpack space alot and the Cows have made profit from that most likely.

#51 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:39

If you put level restrictions on a couple buffs a restriction needs to be put on all buffs turned into potions over lev 175.

Just my 2 cent's

#52 ignotus

ignotus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 13:39

As noted before Composing lvl should increase the possible buff lvl:

max buff lvl=(Overall max+((inv lvl -1)/18)*Overall max)/2

This means that at lvl 1 you can make doubler 500 at most, and at lvl 10 you get doubler 1000.

#53 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 13:42

i gather you need a set amount of each class of item to make potions this itself bottle necks harder to get items ie se ..all potions should have a set value and each class of item a set frag value and then you should be able to use any combo you want as long as you reach the value needed for each potion...

#54 LuxFerre

LuxFerre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2013 - 13:59

If the potions had usable levels assigned to them, such as "Serum of the Hunter" has a usable level assigned at level 1244, then that would take care of any issues of bypassing the necessity of leveling.  It would also demand the need to think ahead of composing since the resulting potions cannot be traded.

#55 raist007

raist007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 14:00

Although I don't believe this revision is 'perfect' in every detail, I think it is solid enough to be implemented into the game at this time, so I voted "Yes".

However, I do feel a few things do need to be considered (which many have already been mentioned):

The gold cost SHOULD be increased.  This is meant to be a 'goldsink' if I recall.  A possible recommendation would be to have the gold cost based on 2 things - the skill tree level and composing level (ie, shard consumption should have nothing to do with gold cost).  Initially, potion cost could equal 100gold multiplied by the skill tree level as a base...in other words if I wanted to make a smashing hammer potion, the base price would be 120k.   Next, you could take into consideration composing level for affecting the potion's price.  With their being 10 levels, I would think that at level 0 the price would be doubled and that by composing level 10 the prices would be halved.  This would make composing level 5 the point where the smashing hammer buff would actually cost 120k.  By making these couple of changes you will turn composing into more of a goldsink AND provide even more incentive for gaining levels in composing.  And, and as a final thought, the 100gold per skill tree level is just a recommended starting point - it easily be dropped to 50k or even 25k.  But the thing you have to keep in mind is how these pots are going to affect the potions-for-profit community within FS.   As a final example, let me show this:

Say I want KE200....currently, the going price in the AH is approximately 1.5-2fsp at the time of this writing.  If I were to compose this same pot with the current revision, it would cost me:

200 * .05 = 10 common fragments

150 * .05 = 8 rare fragments

75 * .05   = 4 unique fragments

25 * .02   = 1 legendary fragment

This potion would ONLY cost 23*200 = 4600gold to make!!! or 9200gold if I want it right now.   I'm sorry, but 4600gold compared to 1.5-2fsp is a HUGE potential problem for the AH.  However, this same potion with the above recommendation would then cost the following:

Same number of each shard

100gold * 400 (KE is a level 400 skill) * 2 (for starting out at composing level 0) = 80,000gold to make (or 160k to get it now).   Now I know this is still far short of the 1.5-2fsp price of the currently brewed KE200 pot available, BUT I do think it gets us there closer. 

I would say start with much higher gold prices NOW at the beginning and then lower them if need be....cause it will make a LOT of people angry if they can make monster pots for cheap prices and then have an 'update' that INCREASES the gold price....just sayin'...

All in all, great compromise on this revision....I say begin the implementation, but just please consider the gold cost involved.   Thanks!

Raist007

#56 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 14:32

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55629

This shows that Composing is much more than 'just' a gold sink. and while gold sink is listed, any gold used in this will be a sink in addition to the ones we already have. I see no reason to increase the cost. An increased cost will just cut out some of the lower level players. My 2 cents!

#57 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 14:35

Although I don't believe this revision is 'perfect' in every detail, I think it is solid enough to be implemented into the game at this time, so I voted "Yes".

However, I do feel a few things do need to be considered (which many have already been mentioned):

The gold cost SHOULD be increased. This is meant to be a 'goldsink' if I recall. A possible recommendation would be to have the gold cost based on 2 things - the skill tree level and composing level (ie, shard consumption should have nothing to do with gold cost). Initially, potion cost could equal 100gold multiplied by the skill tree level as a base...in other words if I wanted to make a smashing hammer potion, the base price would be 120k. Next, you could take into consideration composing level for affecting the potion's price. With their being 10 levels, I would think that at level 0 the price would be doubled and that by composing level 10 the prices would be halved. This would make composing level 5 the point where the smashing hammer buff would actually cost 120k. By making these couple of changes you will turn composing into more of a goldsink AND provide even more incentive for gaining levels in composing. And, and as a final thought, the 100gold per skill tree level is just a recommended starting point - it easily be dropped to 50k or even 25k. But the thing you have to keep in mind is how these pots are going to affect the potions-for-profit community within FS. As a final example, let me show this:

Say I want KE200....currently, the going price in the AH is approximately 1.5-2fsp at the time of this writing. If I were to compose this same pot with the current revision, it would cost me:

75 * .05 = 4 unique fragments
25 * .02 = 1 legendary fragment

This potion would ONLY cost 23*200 = 4600gold to make!!! or 9200gold if I want it right now. I'm sorry, but 4600gold compared to 1.5-2fsp is a HUGE potential problem for the AH. However, this same potion with the above recommendation would then cost the following:

100gold * 400 (KE is a level 400 skill) * 2 (for starting out at composing level 0) = 80,000gold to make (or 160k to get it now). Now I know this is still far short of the 1.5-2fsp price of the currently brewed KE200 pot available, BUT I do think it gets us there closer.

I would say start with much higher gold prices NOW at the beginning and then lower them if need be....cause it will make a LOT of people angry if they can make monster pots for cheap prices and then have an 'update' that INCREASES the gold price....just sayin'...

All in all, great compromise on this revision....I say begin the implementation, but just please consider the gold cost involved. Thanks!

Raist007

Where are the Items cost in your math?

#58 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 14:46

The gold cost SHOULD be increased.  This is meant to be a 'goldsink' if I recall.  A possible recommendation would be to have the gold cost based on 2 things - the skill tree level and composing level (ie, shard consumption should have nothing to do with gold cost).  Initially, potion cost could equal 100gold multiplied by the skill tree level as a base...in other words if I wanted to make a smashing hammer potion, the base price would be 120k.   Next, you could take into consideration composing level for affecting the potion's price.  With their being 10 levels, I would think that at level 0 the price would be doubled and that by composing level 10 the prices would be halved.  This would make composing level 5 the point where the smashing hammer buff would actually cost 120k.  By making these couple of changes you will turn composing into more of a goldsink AND provide even more incentive for gaining levels in composing.  And, and as a final thought, the 100gold per skill tree level is just a recommended starting point - it easily be dropped to 50k or even 25k.  But the thing you have to keep in mind is how these pots are going to affect the potions-for-profit community within FS.   As a final example, let me show this:

Say I want KE200....currently, the going price in the AH is approximately 1.5-2fsp at the time of this writing.  If I were to compose this same pot with the current revision, it would cost me:

75 * .05   = 4 unique fragments

25 * .02   = 1 legendary fragment

This potion would ONLY cost 23*200 = 4600gold to make!!! or 9200gold if I want it right now.   I'm sorry, but 4600gold compared to 1.5-2fsp is a HUGE potential problem for the AH.  However, this same potion with the above recommendation would then cost the following:

100gold * 400 (KE is a level 400 skill) * 2 (for starting out at composing level 0) = 80,000gold to make (or 160k to get it now).   Now I know this is still far short of the 1.5-2fsp price of the currently brewed KE200 pot available, BUT I do think it gets us there closer. 

All in all, great compromise on this revision....I say begin the implementation, but just please consider the gold cost involved.   Thanks!

Raist007

this was never ever a gold sink we have more then enough of them now this was purely a item sink to remove the thousands of items left to rot within the game

#59 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 June 2013 - 15:00

lower level players have always been able to invent potions to sell that are higher than their level.  I see this as an extention to that.

Don't get me wrong, I am not necissarily in agreement with said policy, but since the cows are already doing it...

Overall, I like the idea and I think we should give it a shot in the real world to see how it flies.

#60 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 15:16

Ok, so i believe this will be my last comment or suggestion on this thread-chain. too many complaints happen anymore about this game. People need to just get over themselves and the fact that this is just a game. So what, a level 50 character can create a potion with level 1600 buffs. Their is still quite a few reasons to level up, but now the buff market won't be so one sided. I sell my level 175 buffs for gold, a high level with my same buffs sells them for dots. You think that just because your high level you are entitled to some kind of "bow down to me" mentality. But to appease the higher level players I suggest this..........

Composing level 1..........buffs up to level 200

level 2..............................buffs up to level 300

level 3..............................buffs up to level 400

level 4..............................buffs up to level 500

level 5..............................buffs up to level 700

level 6..............................buffs up to level 900

level 7..............................buffs up to level 1100

level 8..............................buffs up to level 1300

level 9..............................buffs up to level 1500

level 10............................ANY included buff in composing.

(or a variation of this as HCS sees fit)

I honestly don't see the need for this suggestion myself. You can't please everyone any of the time in this world. Don't let the lower level players make these potions, with all the available buffs, and it's just another way the higher levels are keeping them down. Let the low level players make them and it makes the high level players reasons for leveling so high obsolete. If it isn't one thing it's another anymore. Quit complaining no matter what level you are, and just say "thank you HCS for giving us something different to do with our time here".

I apologize for the foul mood of my post, but people can only take so much complaining.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: