• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 jbear95

jbear95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 21:40

Hello do not get me wrong from posting this its not meant to bash the creators of this game or anything. In my opinion all the hcs staff have done a wonderful job on this game and i hope it continues for a long time. Anyways getting to my main point right now for a +10 addition to your max stam it currently costs 2 fsp i thought it should be 1fsp for +10 max stam. Just a thought i had and i wanted to see if anyone thought the same so please post your thoughts :)

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 23 May 2012 - 21:45

Hello do not get me wrong from posting this its not meant to bash the creators of this game or anything. In my opinion all the hcs staff have done a wonderful job on this game and i hope it continues for a long time. Anyways getting to my main point right now for a +10 addition to your max stam it currently costs 2 fsp i thought it should be 1fsp for +10 max stam and change the +25 current stam for 1fsp to +30 current stam for 3 fsp? just a thought i had and i wanted to see if anyone thought the same so please post your thoughts :)

So make it cheaper to increase max stam, but make it almost 3 times as expensive to purchase the +25 stamina upgrade?

Remember, it's 60$ for 400 fsp. With your suggestion a player could purchase roughly 4000 stamina for 400 fsp 60$, as compared to 10,000 stamina for 60$ currently. Anything making the game MORE expensive to play, will drive players away.

#3 jbear95

jbear95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 22:06

well to be honest i was trying to balance out the cost of losing the extra fsp spent on max stam for hcs since this is a buisness for them

#4 GIjames

GIjames

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 22:17

I think the whole point of jbear95's suggestion is to make the upgrades cheaper as a way to encourage players to buy FSP. Considering we now start with 10 BP slots, how about making the BP upgrade 10 FSP rather than 15 FSP. I liked the idea of 1 FSP for +10 max stam rather than the 2 FSP it is currently, but the other part seems to have missed the mark a little. The whole point of starting this conversation is to try to make it cheaper to upgrade your character as a way to encourage players to buy FSP, which translates into more money for the game developers.

#5 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 May 2012 - 22:29

I think the whole point of jbear95's suggestion is to make the upgrades cheaper as a way to encourage players to buy FSP. Considering we now start with 10 BP slots, how about making the BP upgrade 10 FSP rather than 15 FSP. I liked the idea of 1 FSP for +10 max stam rather than the 2 FSP it is currently, but the other part seems to have missed the mark a little. The whole point of starting this conversation is to try to make it cheaper to upgrade your character as a way to encourage players to buy FSP, which translates into more money for the game developers.

More money for the developers will only happen tho if enough NEW players actually buy the fsp to offset the lowering of the value of the fsp.

i.e. if 100 players bought new BP slots at 15 fsp each, that would "sink" 1500 fsp

so, to reach the same figure, 150 people would need to buy new BP slots at 10 fsp.

More and the cows could be ahead (assuming, of course, those FSP's were through donating) but less and they'd be worse off.

The lowering of cost would have to met with a commensurate increase in demand.

Having said all that, I'm all in favour of lowering upgrade costs to try and keep / entice new players.

#6 krypt118

krypt118

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 00:09

I would totally be in favor of lowering upgrade cost especially if helps in keeping new players. I would only lower max Stam and BP slots, the rest leave as is. The only problem i see maybe from player who get upset after they had already bought thousands and thousands of max stam.

( BP Slots ) Another option could be to lower the cost all the way down when you start and have the price move up as you upgrade to the current prices.

#7 donce4kill

donce4kill

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:51

I think +10 max stamina should cost 1 FSP till you upgrade it to 2000. After that it should cost as now. This would help new players but it wouldn't be so easy to buy thousands of max stamina upgrade. And I wouldn't change BP slots prices because we already get 10 slots at the start.

#8 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:52

if they lowered the cost of the upgrade, you know people are going to want 1/2 their FSP back OR double their max stamina.

I'm in favor of lowering the cost of the upgrade, but would the cows be in favor of the above? otherwise, I don't know if the existing base will be for it.

#9 parashuram

parashuram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 15:34

And here we go again, people asking for refunds as soon as lower costs are mentioned. It won't happen guys because of the fact that people ask for refunds. If everybody simply accepted the fact that prices have lowered over the course of years in the game, it would be fine! They can all brag about -- when I started playing, bag spaces were 15 a piece.. and now you young'uns get 'em at 10 a piece -- :-)

Folks, in every mmorpg, the prices of things go down over the course of years... it's just the way gaming is. If HCS does decide to lower the cost of upgrades, instead of complaining that you bought stuff at high prices, welcome the change.... but it won't happen.

#10 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 20:44

I think +10 max stamina should cost 1 FSP till you upgrade it to 2000. After that it should cost as now. This would help new players but it wouldn't be so easy to buy thousands of max stamina upgrade. And I wouldn't change BP slots prices because we already get 10 slots at the start.

I actually like this idea as long as new players are told that the price will increase once they reach 2000

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

#11 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 21:55

I actually like this idea as long as new players are told that the price will increase once they reach 2000

i like it also and would make for a lot less refunding if there was an outcry.

#12 jbear95

jbear95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:49

yeah i also think that if people just accepted that they bought stuff at higher prices it would be okay also. One more thing how does someone go about getting a cows attention to this just to see what they think?

#13 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:52

And here we go again, people asking for refunds as soon as lower costs are mentioned. It won't happen guys because of the fact that people ask for refunds. If everybody simply accepted the fact that prices have lowered over the course of years in the game, it would be fine! They can all brag about -- when I started playing, bag spaces were 15 a piece.. and now you young'uns get 'em at 10 a piece -- :-)

Folks, in every mmorpg, the prices of things go down over the course of years... it's just the way gaming is. If HCS does decide to lower the cost of upgrades, instead of complaining that you bought stuff at high prices, welcome the change.... but it won't happen.

Again, you FAIL to see the UNFAIRNESS of spending a ton for upgrades, just to have them lowered later on.

Maybe you don't understand that some people DONATE REAL MONEY to play this game ...

Doubling everyones max stamina would be the easiest approach ... if they cut the cost down by 50%. If anything that would increase activity in the game ... because people could plan out their stamina better.

If no compensation is made to the existing player base, then the upgrades will never be lowered. Simple as that.

#14 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:30

Guys, we are not reducing the amount that is currently charged for this, there is no need to argue about hypothetical decisions that we would make.

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:43

Guys, we are not reducing the amount that is currently charged for this, there is no need to argue about hypothetical decisions that we would make.

That's a shame would be a good change to the game, for the newbies trying to catch up.

Just ignore the people wanting 'something for nothing' though. Existing players shouldn't have all their upgrades 'upped' retroactively. Actually, if that's the case how about you add a couple extra hundred levels onto my account to factor in the ease/simplicity of hunting compared to when the 'old guard' used to dominate EoC.

I'd benefit an enormous amount from extra free max stamina but can also see how bad it would be for the game. 'Increase' activity, are you people crazy lol... The more max stamina you have the less you have to play, granted only low max stam 'forces' you to do anything. While high max stamina is inherantly freedom, it inevitably leads to apathy/laziness.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:28

yeah i also think that if people just accepted that they bought stuff at higher prices it would be okay also. One more thing how does someone go about getting a cows attention to this just to see what they think?

Once you figure outt he answer to this question, you'll be the most popular person in FS. People will be lining up to give you ideas to post.......

#17 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2012 - 16:58

Once you figure outt he answer to this question, you'll be the most popular person in FS. People will be lining up to give you ideas to post.......

Xakano already chimed in ... see a few messages back. its a no go. Because 1) they will lose money on it (never good for a business); 2) retroactive stamina would need to be allocated otherwise your going to piss off existing players (sorry but that is too big of a change for no retroactive bonus, maybe not 100% but at least a portion).

#18 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 August 2012 - 17:01

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107527

See here.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#19 Llamedos

Llamedos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:18

I do think that the +1 Stam Gain / Hour price needs revising, It is ludicrously expensive at present ($3.75 for +1/ hour). If it was cheaper then more players would buy it and probably buy more Max Stam as a result.

Cheers

#20 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:37

I do think that the +1 Stam Gain / Hour price needs revising, It is ludicrously expensive at present ($3.75 for +1/ hour). If it was cheaper then more players would buy it and probably buy more Max Stam as a result.

Cheers

So what should be done to those players who maxed the stam gain upgrade?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: