85 replies to this topic

#21 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 20:47

Hi there everyone.

We've heard the feedback regarding Stamina Gain on Relics. While we don't see any benefit from stripping it from existing higher level relics, (it'd just cause ill will with those holding them), we have no problem seeding them through lower levels.

Our question to you, the Community is this: Would you have a problem with us changing the stats of lower Relics to allow for moving those stats to Stamina Gain or would we be looking at simply adding it?

We'll have an in game poll running and feedback here with any reasoning is greatly appreciated.

Poll broken. Will put it back up once repaired.

~ Grim

I think there is a good opportunity for this to be changed. I am not suggesting that they add more stamina gain relics in the dead zone of 287-3905. I would suggest that they spread the current amount of stamina gain relics between that zone. There is a precedent of updating existing relics (Klar Worldstone) and modifying their stats. The change would allow more levels to fight over stamina gain relics. As it stands right now, only EOC can reach them except for the lowest ones. The +4 stamina relics should be kept at the top of this as they provide the most benefit. More competition for anything is a good thing. I believe that this change would allow more players to partake in relic "wars".

Hello! Please reference my quote above on a different thread (https://forums.hunte...ic=77335&page=3) that is talking about these specific relic changes.

My opinion has not changed on this matter: I believe that the current amount of stamina relics is more than enough - none more should be added. The issue with stamina gain relics is that the distribution throughout the levels is atrocious with none from 287-3905. The best solution and suggestion would be to remove the stamina gain from some of these relics above 4000 and add them to lower level relics. Of course, the higher stamina gain relics should remain at the top and the lower stamina gain relics should be at the lower end of the spectrum.

Adding additional stamina gain relics on top of the current ones will dilute the value of them as every active guild will hold 1 if not much more than that. I don't see this as a good thing for the game and am very much opposed to this resolution. Relics should be fought over if the guilds find them valuable.

TLDR for relic distribution:

I am in favor of removing some stamina gain relics above 4000 and re-distributing them throughout the levels of 287-3905.

I am opposed to adding even more stamina gain relics into the game as this will make stamina gain relics too common.

See below for my opinion on changing stats vs keeping them and adding stamina gain.

Relic stats should be altered if there will be stamina gain added to them. The most coveted stamina gain relics also have +5% of each stat bonus - these should be rare like Temple of the Gods. The reason for stamina gain with +5% relics to be rare as the benefit of each individually have a good value but together it would be nearly overpowered if there was a plethora of them. This does not mean that I believe all of the stamina gain should be added to relics that have "useless" enhancements (Klar Worldstone has Holy, Banishment, Oceanic, etc.). A variety of a little bit of everything would be much appreciated.

Edited by Tilley10, 10 June 2021 - 21:08.

#22 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 22:51

Relic stats should be altered if there will be stamina gain added to them. The most coveted stamina gain relics also have +5% of each stat bonus - these should be rare like Temple of the Gods. The reason for stamina gain with +5% relics to be rare as the benefit of each individually have a good value but together it would be nearly overpowered if there was a plethora of them. This does not mean that I believe all of the stamina gain should be added to relics that have "useless" enhancements (Klar Worldstone has Holy, Banishment, Oceanic, etc.). A variety of a little bit of everything would be much appreciated.

It might surprise some but Temple of the Gods in its current form was actually a bug. And Left that way after it was pointed out.

Personally i have absolutely 0 issues with stam gain relics being added or moved to lower levels.

If we are to have Stats and Stam gain relics in game then they also need to have costs associated with them, Much like Temple and Despair.

But I will add this if the issue is purely stam gain based ....Then why not look at increasing stam gain

Leave the original 25/25 @ 25 fsp per upgrade.

Add 10 @ 50 fsp per upgrade 10 @ 100 fsp per and finally 5 at 200 per upgrade.

#23 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:57

This might be a bit extreme, but either way...

Everyone is talking about increasing the Stam Gain over 25, so what if...

Make every single Relic give +1 Stam Gain as base.

1 - That would make the idea behind the Relics means something, now most of them are just useless...In theory Relics are an important part of the lore of the game.

2 - Every Relic would be important to keep, not mattering the size or level of your guild.

3 - It'd give an extra bonus to lower lvl players, and help those starting out to achieve their goals faster.

*It might need more conversation about how to apply it to +2 and +4 stam gain Relics.

Plus a few other changes:

- Relics without an active guild defender on the last 7 days should lose their bonuses completelly, but the control stay within the Guild.
That would force guild members to defend it instead of capturing and leaving it...If there is one guildmember sitting on the Relic and he leaves to hunt, the Guild lose all the bonuses immediately...And the control should stay within the guild to avoid abuse of people going around and capturing all the relics and dropping after 1 second.

- If the 'drop the Relic' button is ever created it should have a cooldown on it, maybe 48 hours...imo.

#24 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 June 2021 - 04:16

make capturing relics a permission assignable by guild leader in Ranks

make capturing relics a permission assignable by guild leader in Ranks

I've asked for this a couple of times. Until I get an answer for this proposal then I just don't care for any relic updates. It should be a right or you will have new members capturing any relic they come across during their hunts

sigma_468x60.jpg

#25 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:12

I would vote add the stam gain to existing stats. empowering would be more costly but that is and option anyway.

With that said, I will add my crazy idea.

This idea involves the first 300 or 400 lvls.

Instead of changing the existing relics, add a duplicate relic, with same artwork, in each area that has a relic with no stam gain or max stam.

The new look alike relic will have stam gain and maybe a small amount of max stam with no other stats.

The guilds are limited to 6 relics max so maybe add +1 relic upgrade and an insane Guild Achievement  to gain a +1 relic reward (if the look alike relics are added)

#26 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 10:20

Why does it just have to be stam gain?  There are a lot of relics that could use updates to improve hunting and/or pvp stats to make them more desirable without adding stam gain to every relic.  Not every relic needs an update and some should be removed as others are updated.  There are currently a lot of relics that have never been captured (currently 11 just on the first page of relic control).  Start by removing most of those and add better stats to the ones you leave, especially in the lower realms.  Stam gain should continue to be the exception, not the rule, but that doesn't mean other relics can't be worthwhile for other reasons.

Screenshot everything!

#27 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:39

(a continuation)

13. i'm afraid the post that initiated this thread was to create "super" relics for low level guildmates of the more "successful" guilds to sit and defend. no need for "super" relics at lower levels except to help the "successful" guilds.

14. say no to duplicating relics. interesting idea but confusing.

15. permission to to take relics violates guildmates being treated equally, but potential harm to guild is great. make it a permission.

#28 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:46

I got it! Anyone watch the movie Mortal Engines? Say a guild takes control of a relic and can move it to another relic and in the battle gobble it up! or be gobbled  :wacko:

#29 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2021 - 10:26

The ones who have all the stam gain relics don't want it chanced, and the ones that don't have any would like to see more. Put a cap of 1 stam gain/stam relic per guild. 

#30 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 11:41

More stamina gain encourage people to upgrade more max stamina  and that needs lots of fsps which will push people to buy fsps and HCs will get some benefit from this too .

Not sure why this attitude people don't want anyone to benefit of something they cant benefit from.

Whats the point of making big guild and upgrade it if they can get  benefits like small guilds??

It is a game if everything spread equally then where is the competition and where is the result of working hard to be the best?!

So i would say just add stamina gain to some low level relics and end of story , no need to make it complicated.

Edited by shindrak, 12 June 2021 - 11:42.

#31 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 June 2021 - 12:52

So i would say just add stamina gain to some low level relics and end of story , no need to make it complicated.

since hcs presented nothing for us visually of what could be, i say what Shin does, just SOME at lower levels

#32 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 16:35

since hcs presented nothing for us visually of what could be, i say what Shin does, just SOME at lower levels

stam makes fs, it also stops game play. one runs out of stam, one does not play. so judicious introduction of stam boosters at lower levels makes sense, like stam gain or even stam. since making changes anyway, add:

a. damage

b. method to relinquish relics, but not too easy and not if there is any open relic space.

c. method to depower a relic based on chance.

d. more balance between attacker and defender. needs work. nothing wrong with a small advantage to attacker.

e. taking (or not taking) a relic should be by permission.

f. someone suggested low values for low level relics raising values for higher levels.

g. someone suggested attacking a relic should end attackers group

h. if adding super relics, make them pvp oriented and a few inventor oriented.

having relics with stam gains or stam does not stop players from trying to upgrade now. so judicious changes should not affect desire for upgrades

#33 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 04:12

Hi there everyone.

We've heard the feedback regarding Stamina Gain on Relics. While we don't see any benefit from stripping it from existing higher level relics, (it'd just cause ill will with those holding them), we have no problem seeding them through lower levels.

Our question to you, the Community is this: Would you have a problem with us changing the stats of lower Relics to allow for moving those stats to Stamina Gain or would we be looking at simply adding it?

We'll have an in game poll running and feedback here with any reasoning is greatly appreciated.

Poll broken. Will put it back up once repaired.

~ Grim

you can either do ....

1.) the laziest method

simply add as many Stam Gain relics as you desire & ignore ALL other relic iusses !!!

you can even change ALL relics into "Super" Relics that have FULL +% Stam Gain, Max Stam, Stats, Enhancements

it's a band aid that ignores all other relic issues, gets rid of any competition & teamwork, relic battles, .....

2.) you actually do some work

A ) FIX the current relic battles which are a **** JOKE !!!

enough said, everyone who has ever captured / defended relics knows it !!!

from a low "1-man-guild" (who was a low lvl player himself with 2 low joiners) took 100+ relics without any "issue" to HCS admins kamicazer7 (was at the time lvl 50 or so) & hooftest taking our relic that had 50+ defenders also without any issues

granted most were not in pvp gear but still a lvl 50 beating 50+ defenders were at least half of them were EOC !!!

B ) Make capturing relics a permission !!!

I used to mentor some small guilds & the issue they ran into was that new players would simply capture relics their guild did not need (also happens to other guilds, regardless of size) & they could not get "rid of it" which brings me to my next point ...

C ) Add a "dismiss Relic" option !!!

As said, add a "dismiss Relic" option with a COOLDOWN to avoid abuse !!!

D ) preferred Relic value

Contrary to what many believe it is not Stam Gain Relics that low / new players actually need, as mentioned before: I used to mentor small guilds & what they needed the most was MAX STAM Relics !!!

of course do NOT take my word for it & please make a game poll that ONLY includes low players, NOT high players like me, EOC, afterall the "new relics" are for them !!!

E ) Supply & Demand !!!

I do not think I need to say anymore, just please make sure to NOT add too many & keep them at a decent number so they are still "attractive" / desired, encourage activity, teamwork & relic battles !!!

F ) "Optional" NEW Guild Relic WAR System !!!

Make TEAMWORK actually matter in relic battles & encourage TEAMWORK, please do NOT discourage it !!!

EXAMPLE:

Guild A captures a relic from Guild B

Both Guild A + B will have 12h time to accept / decline "Relic War"

(new relic war permission to accept / decline will be added)

If after 12h no option has been choosen it will automatically count as a decline to avoid abuse !!!

If Guild A declines then they will be on a 30 day cooldown on that relic & Guild B will have control of that relic

If Guild A accepts + Guild B declines then then B will be on a 30 day cooldown on that relic & Guild A will have control of that relic

If both Guild A + Guild B accept then they will enter a 7-day-Relic-War that looks like this:

Attack Ranges: 

50 - 500 (+/- ??) 

601 - 1000 (+/- 100)    

1001 - 2000+ (+/- 300)

2001 - 3000+ (+/- 500)

3001+ (+/- 1000)

(the attack ranges can be changed by HCS / players who know their ranges better than me)

During those "7-day-Relic-War" both members of Guild A + Guild B will enter a "PvP-War" where they can hourly hit (look above for attack ranges) each other & even bounty each other !!!

they will get their own guild "Bounty-Board" where only Guild A + Guild B can participate in !!!

during the "7-day-Relic-War" time Guild A + Guild B can still capture / defend their relic like normal until the war is over !!!

(it has to be PvP aka xp loss involved, you have to pay a "price" & fight for the relic (bonuses) you get !!! hoof remember how relics were fought for, many guilds, regardless of size battled in PvP for them & generated high activity !!!

I will leave the Scoring System to HCS / the community

both Guild A + Guild B can retreat from the "7-day-Relic-War" at any time BUT it will count as a loss & they will be on a 30 day cooldown on that relic !!!

For every additional +1 relic those guilds battle about +1 day will be added to the "7-day-Relic-War"

so if they battle for 4 relics in (1+3) the war will last 10 days in total !!!

to make it even more exciting several guilds can get involved, either helping Guild A / B or even be against both biggrin.png

several guilds can war against each other for 1,2, ... relics or even "support" another guild (so small guilds can tackle a big guild, ....)

it will greatly encourage TEAMWORK, activity + many other things

• NO guild can be forced against their will / permission to enter the "7-day-Relic-War" to PvP !!!
  • the "7-day-Relic-War" can only start if it has been accepted by someone who has the permission to !!!
  • at any time any guild can "retreat" from the "7-day-Relic-War" & it will be counted as a loss

this is just a "prototyp-system" so it is far from perfect (an EXAMPLE & everything is up for HCS / community to decide) so no need for me to go into details atm

ps: IF point (F) is implemented then it already takes care of point (A)
(+ after implementing strip ALL guilds of ALL relics & let the GAME begin smile.png  !!!)

I will never understand why HCS keep avoiding / discouraging TEAMWORK / competitions !!! best ("worst") example is PvP

I mean are not games generally played to compete?

FS has great potential BUT has been declining for years, no matter how good the app is it will hardly matter when the actual game has many "broken" gamestyles which need to be updated & will struggle to keep the new ones or even the older ones !!!

honestly I have been hardly active for a long time, as have many others I noticed since aside from the 3 repetitiv main events (Global Event, LE Event, Leveling Content) there is nothing else to do since most if not all the other game aspects are "broken" & need to be updated + when I am online I chat which there are many other apps better for chatting than this one ...

others have already said it before, it is NOT that there are not any good ideas / suggestions (the community has provided numerous good ones over the years) but simply the  "communication" with HCS is lacking !!!

to put it bluntly: we simply get some "lip service" without any action ....

I have so much to say but let's 1st wait & see where this leads ...

Edited by mary4ever, 13 June 2021 - 04:14.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#34 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 07:35

Make TEAMWORK actually matter in relic battles & encourage TEAMWORK, please do NOT discourage it !!!

EXAMPLE:

If after 12h no option has been choosen it will automatically count as a decline to avoid abuse !!!

If Guild A declines then they will be on a 30 day cooldown on that relic & Guild B will have control of that relic

If Guild A accepts + Guild B declines then then B will be on a 30 day cooldown on that relic & Guild A will have control of that relic

If both Guild A + Guild B accept then they will enter a 7-day-Relic-War that looks like this:

Attack Ranges: 

50 - 500 (+/- ??) 

601 - 1000 (+/- 100)    

1001 - 2000+ (+/- 300)

2001 - 3000+ (+/- 500)

3001+ (+/- 1000)

(the attack ranges can be changed by HCS / players who know their ranges better than me)

During those "7-day-Relic-War" both members of Guild A + Guild B will enter a "PvP-War" where they can hourly hit (look above for attack ranges) each other & even bounty each other !!!

they will get their own guild "Bounty-Board" where only Guild A + Guild B can participate in !!!

during the "7-day-Relic-War" time Guild A + Guild B can still capture / defend their relic like normal until the war is over !!!

(it has to be PvP aka xp loss involved, you have to pay a "price" & fight for the relic (bonuses) you get !!! hoof remember how relics were fought for, many guilds, regardless of size battled in PvP for them & generated high activity !!!

both Guild A + Guild B can retreat from the "7-day-Relic-War" at any time BUT it will count as a loss & they will be on a 30 day cooldown on that relic !!!

For every additional +1 relic those guilds battle about +1 day will be added to the "7-day-Relic-War"

to make it even more exciting several guilds can get involved, either helping Guild A / B or even be against both biggrin.png

several guilds can war against each other for 1,2, ... relics or even "support" another guild (so small guilds can tackle a big guild, ....)

• NO guild can be forced against their will / permission to enter the "7-day-Relic-War" to PvP !!!
  • the "7-day-Relic-War" can only start if it has been accepted by someone who has the permission to !!!
  • at any time any guild can "retreat" from the "7-day-Relic-War" & it will be counted as a loss

this is just a "prototyp-system" so it is far from perfect (an EXAMPLE & everything is up for HCS / community to decide) so no need for me to go into details atm

(+ after implementing strip ALL guilds of ALL relics & let the GAME begin smile.png  !!!)

I will never understand why HCS keep avoiding / discouraging TEAMWORK / competitions !!! best ("worst") example is PvP

FS has great potential BUT has been declining for years, no matter how good the app is it will hardly matter when the actual game has many "broken" gamestyles which need to be updated & will struggle to keep the new ones or even the older ones !!!

honestly I have been hardly active for a long time, as have many others I noticed since aside from the 3 repetitiv main events (Global Event, LE Event, Leveling Content) there is nothing else to do since most if not all the other game aspects are "broken" & need to be updated + when I am online I chat which there are many other apps better for chatting than this one ...

others have already said it before, it is NOT that there are not any good ideas / suggestions (the community has provided numerous good ones over the years) but simply the  "communication" with HCS is lacking !!!

TBH there is much more important updates needed for the game other than relics...

Relics mechanic is fine as it is  no need to combine it with another aspect like PvP ...

PVP is personal thing never been a team work ! unless you want to punish a player/s on Bounty board

There is GvG conflict system for this  , could be used to support your suggestion.

I like the idea of max stamina for low level relics since the low level players needs max stamina more than stamina gain

~

Anyway for now just add max stamina /1 stamina to most relics from 1-1000 then we can talk about new relic system or it will take very long to implement this ...

We have lots of things been waiting for update .

#35 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2021 - 20:54

two or three relics at eoc that are identical to Temple of the Gods would create some hustle, while we are talking relics, go one step further and make them +4 stam gain and theyll be the holy grail, ty for your consideration HCS!

#36 maxdragon

maxdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 01:02

"my tiny disorganised guild should get the same perks as the larger/older guilds that have worked hard for years to get where they are!"

you got it mate

you can either do ....

1.) the laziest method

simply add as many Stam Gain relics as you desire & ignore ALL other relic iusses !!!

you can even change ALL relics into "Super" Relics that have FULL +% Stam Gain, Max Stam, Stats, Enhancements

it's a band aid that ignores all other relic issues, gets rid of any competition & teamwork, relic battles, .....

2.) you actually do some work

A ) FIX the current relic battles which are a **** JOKE !!!

enough said, everyone who has ever captured / defended relics knows it !!!

from a low "1-man-guild" (who was a low lvl player himself with 2 low joiners) took 100+ relics without any "issue" to HCS admins kamicazer7 (was at the time lvl 50 or so) & hooftest taking our relic that had 50+ defenders also without any issues

granted most were not in pvp gear but still a lvl 50 beating 50+ defenders were at least half of them were EOC !!!

B ) Make capturing relics a permission !!!

I used to mentor some small guilds & the issue they ran into was that new players would simply capture relics their guild did not need (also happens to other guilds, regardless of size) & they could not get "rid of it" which brings me to my next point ...

C ) Add a "dismiss Relic" option !!!

As said, add a "dismiss Relic" option with a COOLDOWN to avoid abuse !!!

D ) preferred Relic value

Contrary to what many believe it is not Stam Gain Relics that low / new players actually need, as mentioned before: I used to mentor small guilds & what they needed the most was MAX STAM Relics !!!

of course do NOT take my word for it & please make a game poll that ONLY includes low players, NOT high players like me, EOC, afterall the "new relics" are for them !!!

E ) Supply & Demand !!!

I do not think I need to say anymore, just please make sure to NOT add too many & keep them at a decent number so they are still "attractive" / desired, encourage activity, teamwork & relic battles !!!

EXAMPLE:

Attack Ranges: 

50 - 500 (+/- ??) 

601 - 1000 (+/- 100)    

1001 - 2000+ (+/- 300)

2001 - 3000+ (+/- 500)

3001+ (+/- 1000)

I can not agree more but

but you can all stop wasting your time, we all know what the cows are going to do

1.) the laziest method

and the next big update after some years will be composing level 100

if you are lucky they will tell you to discuss some topics, maybe add them to the list and put away

Edited by maxdragon, 14 June 2021 - 01:03.

#37 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 03:11

ouch ...

a bit harsh, maybe?

#38 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 June 2021 - 08:52

I would say just add stamina gain to some low level relics and end of story , no need to make it complicated.

This is more or less what we're intending, as the opening post says, though the idea would be to sprinkle them across all levels throughout. Little point them just existing at earliest and latest levels.

The Relic Permission and Abandon requests are long standing and we'll look into seeing if they can be implemented.

~ Grim

#39 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 12:59

This is more or less what we're intending, as the opening post says, though the idea would be to sprinkle them across all levels throughout. Little point them just existing at earliest and latest levels.

The Relic Permission and Abandon requests are long standing and we'll look into seeing if they can be implemented.

~ Grim

While I love that the dialogue was opened, I do wish bigger changes to eventually be made on relics. Simply adding more relics is not going to make relics more active/competitive. In-fact it will have the opposite effect. Adding a stam gain relic cap and/or continuing to add more relics everywhere will only further the "Stand in Line" Effect.

I am one of the people that stand to gain the most from simply adding more relics, although it's really boring.

~EP

#40 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 June 2021 - 14:23

Hey there.

Not adding, altering. There are plenty of Relics in game. It's not just Stam Gain that's on the table of pre existing bits and bobs. There are other Enhancements we could use. Things for inventing perhaps. Maybe a tiny smidge of Temporal Shift. Though there are a few enhancements that are creature only.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far. We're reading everything.

~ Grim

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: