Photo

White Screen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Veraces

Veraces

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 05:08

When I go to play the game, I get a white screen. I'm interested in playing this game, but I can't. I'm using the latest Java version on a mac.

#2 Alerzius

Alerzius

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 23:21

Having this same issue, haven't played since 2015, just downloaded on my Mac and the launcher is giving me a white screen. however I get the Eldevin cursor and can click menu items. if you go up to the bar on top and close the app that way does it give you a brief view of the menu screen before closing as well?

#3 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 August 2022 - 15:10

Hi,

We lost the source code for the Mac launcher & build scripts a while back and we haven't really modified it since.

If you have the tehnical know how you can run it manually by getting the attached zip and putting it in an Eldevin folder somewhere. Open the terminal/console and execute the following (you must have Java installed and in a bin directory).

java -jar gbloader.jar

That might work for you. Sometimes you may need to add -Xmx 2048 or something to give it more mem but I don't recall.

Attached Files

#4 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 August 2022 - 15:22

Ok I've got it to work by forcing it to render in software which will be slightly limited

java -jar gbloader.jar software

I also had to quarantine the java installation by doing this:

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Path/To/Java/Installation

Hope that is at least a workaround. Adding software as a parameter in the game's Steam settings might also work.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: