Photo

Composing - In Detail (Revision 1.1)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
401 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing Poll (395 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think revision 1.1 of Composing should be added to the game?

1. Yes (350 votes [88.61%])

Percentage of vote: 88.61%

2. No (45 votes [11.39%])

Percentage of vote: 11.39%

Do you think Distil should work with Composed potions?

1. Yes (324 votes [82.03%])

Percentage of vote: 82.03%

2. No (71 votes [17.97%])

Percentage of vote: 17.97%

Vote

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2013 - 00:55

We've been listening to your feedback in the previous 'Composing - In Detail' thread and have revised the Composing idea.

Here is how the idea is looking now...

Fragments

Items can be broken down and give a fragments based on the rarity. For example if you break down a Rare item, you will receive a 'Rare Fragment'. If you break down a Unique item, you will receive a 'Unique Fragment'.

The following Fragment types would be available:

Common, Rare, Unique, Legendary, Super Elite, Crystalline

Items which have a Hellforge applied to them would give +1 additional Fragment per Hellforge level applied.

The level of the item determines the amount of Fragments you obtain from it. For each 100 levels of the item your are breaking down, you gain an additional Fragment from the item (so a level 500 Rare item would give you 6 Rare Fragments).

Fragments won’t require backpack space - they will just be listed on the Composing page.

All potions created would be guild bound / bound. You specify if the potion is for yourself (ie. bound) or for use by another member of your guild (if applicable) when you create it.

Create Potion Steps

Select skill(s)
Select level for skills.
Select duration.
Shows time taken / gold cost / fragment cost

The level of the skill, amount of skills and duration of the potion all affect the amount of Fragments and gold required to create the potion.

For each skill added the Fragment cost is as follows:

0.05 Common Fragments per skill level
0.05 Rare Fragments per skill level above 50
0.05 Unique Fragments per skill level above 125
0.02 Legendary Fragments per skill level above 175
0.02 Super Elite Fragments per skill level above 250
0.02 Crystalline Fragments per skill level above 300

Gold Cost = Total Skill Levels * Duration

The amount of Fragments per skill is rounded up.

Hoof’s Basic Potion [30m]
Conserve 50
Librarian 180

This potion would require:
3 + 9 = 12 Common Fragments
1 + 7 = 8 Rare Fragments
0 + 3 = 3 Unique Fragments

The base duration of the potion would be 30 minutes. Each additional 30 minutes duration (max 300 minutes) would require the same amount of Fragments again.

Gold Cost = 230 * 30 = 6,900 gold

Hoof’s Smasher Potion [60m]
Smashing Hammer 250
Stalker 250

This potions would require:
13 + 13 = 26 (*2 for duration) = 52 Common Fragments
10 + 10 = 20 * 2 = 40 Rare Fragments
7 + 7 = 14 * 2 = 28 Unique Fragments
2 + 2 = 4 * 2 = 8 Legendary Fragments

Gold Cost = 500 * 60 = 30,000 gold

Hoof’s Ultimate Potion [120m]
Librarian 200
Adept Learner 200
Coordinated Attack 250
Animal Magnetism 250
Doubler 350

This potions would require:
10 + 10 + 13 + 13 + 18 = 64 * 4 (because of the duration) = 256 Common Fragments
8 + 8 + 10 + 10 + 15 = 51 * 4 = 204 Rare Fragments
4 + 4 + 7 + 7 + 12 = 34 * 4 =  136 Unique Fragments
1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 10 * 4 = 40 Legendary Fragments
0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 2 = 2 * 4 = 8 Super Elite Fragments
0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 1 * 4 = 4 Crystalline Fragments

Gold Cost = 1250 * 120 = 150,000 gold

Potions take an hour to create, however they can be created instantly by paying the gold cost again.

Available Skills (with max possible level)

Doubler [max 1000]
Light Foot [max 500]
Conserve [max 200]
Adept Learner [max 200]
Librarian [max 250]
Sacrifice [max 250]
Global Booster [max 200]
Animal Magnetism [max 300]
Keen Edge [max 200]
Anti Deflect [max 200]
Smashing Hammer [max 250]
Entrench [max 200]
Coordinated Attack [max 250]
Coordinated Defense [max 250]
Stalker [max 250]
Shield Wall [max 250]
Terrorize [max 250]
Gloat [max 250]
Honor [max 250]
Flinch [max 250]
Constitution [max 300]
Sanctuary [max 300]
Terrorize [max 250]
Armor Boost [Max 250]
Mighty Vigor [Max 250]
Severe Condition [Max 200]
Ageless [Max 250]
+ Some new ‘Composing’ only skills

Note we can review the max levels in the future - these should give a good starting point however :)

Notes:
1) Distil, Reckoning, Spell Breaker and Spell Leech would not work with them.
2) Brewing Master will work with these potions.
3) We’ll add a medal for ‘x’ potions composed.
4) You need to be character level 50+ to Compose items.
5) You’ll be able to queue up to 5 potions to be created (note the ability to queue potions will be unlocked with gold)

Again, big thanks to Evilbry and Pardoux for taking time to discuss the idea with me over Skype and many thanks to everyone who has given feedback on the forum to help Composing become an awesome addition to the game :)

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:07

I like it other than,,

the bound,, why does everything have to be bound?

And the extra fragments for high levels, just dont see how my items arent as good as theirs

#3 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:07

you locked as I was posting :P

I have taken some time to think are read all the reply's from the beginning and this is the best way i can see all of this going:

Fragments

Items can be broken down and give a fragments based on the rarity. For example if you break down a Rare item, you will receive a 'Rare Fragment'. If you break down an Epic item, you will receive an 'Epic Fragment'.

All potions created would be guild bound / bound. You specify if the potion is for yourself (ie. bound) or for use with your guild (if applicable) when you create it.

I am 100% for the guild bound 50/50 on bound or unbound for individual there are benefits and consequences for both... simplicity is for bound, activity is for unbound (ultimately this is Hoof's call)

Creating a Potion

Select skill(s)
Select level for skills.
Select duration.
Shows time taken / gold cost / fragment cost

This part should be Split in to sections

A) Create skills of the minimum Level (use any combination of items common, unique, rare, LE SE, etc)

B) Create Skills of level 2 Tier (requires x amount of Common, x amount of Rare and 1 LE, or 1 SE)

C) Create Skills of Level 3 Tier (requires x amount of Common, x amount of Rare and 1 LE, and 1 SE)

D Create Skills of Level 4 Tier (Require x amount of Common, x amount of Rare, 2 LE and 2 SE)

D) Create Skills of Level 5 Tier (Requires 1 epic fragment, 1 Le, 1 SE, 10 common and 5 rare)

Creating a Potion

I have several ways to make the formula's simpler.

1st goes with the above and separating into tiers instead of selecting every possible level have the selections broken into 3-4 tiers to invent

Have each buff that can be made from composing have a MIN and MAX level and the items needed correspond to this.

Example: Composing Light Foot: Min level set at 200  MAX level set at 500

Tier 1 would require either: 20 Common Items, 10 Rare Items, 1 LE or 1 SE and give you a MIN level buff

Tier 2 would Require: 20 common, 10 Rare and either 1 SE or LE item and give you a buff that is 33% of the way to MAX from MIN in this case it would be Level 300 LF

Tier 3 would Require 20 Common, 10 Rare, 2 LE and 1 SE items and give you a buff that is 67% of the way to MAX from MIn of in this case LF 400

Tier 4 would give the Max level of the buff would Require 40 Common, 20 Rare, 2 LE and 2 SE and give LF level 500

Tier 5 with Epics would be for special case buffs 

These are just example numbers and may need to be tweeked up or down some?

Duration would be a separate Factor and require more items. 

-All pots should start at 30 mins MIN

-All pots should have a MAX of 300 mins.

-Common Items 1 item = 1 min per buff (5 buff combo = 5 common items for 1 min)

-Rare Items 1 item = 2 mins per buff

-LE Items = 15 Mins per buff

-SE items = 15 mins per buff

-Epic = Maxed duration

Not sure how you were doing the time calculation so I will leave that Alone. (I will say I would rather just have a gold cost only if you want an instant finish)

Available Skills (with min and max possible levels)

Doubler [min 100] [max 1000]
Light Foot [min 200] [max 500]
Global Booster [min 100] [max 300]
Keen Edge [min 100] [Max 300]
Anti Deflect [min 100] [max 200]
Smashing Hammer[min 100] [max 250]
Entrench [min 100] [max 200]
Stalker [min 100] [max 300]

Buff enhancer: for every 50 points in the skill it adds 5 points to the buffs cast after. Would not work with Merchant or Treasure Hunter. [min 50] [max 150]

Trendy : +0.03% per point to all stats for each common item worn [min 100] [max 250]

Immobilise Titan : +0.1% per point chance for titan not to move [min 100] [max 300]

Perfection : buff to give a chance of a craftable item being crafted perfect when invented. [min 100] [Max 250]

All For One : 0.1% per point increase to the SE set bonus stats. [min 100] [max 350]

This is a Mix of New and Old skills to make Composing Unique and interesting and Hopefully desirable but not game Breaking.

#4 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:09

I still think the max level for the potions should reflect the type of fragments put into the potion and amount of that fragment (to a max level). 

Leos posted before me, but I like his idea of a minimum and maximum to the level of the potion.

#5 Amzen

Amzen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:10

1 + 7 = 8 Rare Fragments

Now that is 12 Common OR 8 Rare OR 3 unique right?

#6 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:11

Things i may change:

-Min. level = 25. 
Players who choose to stay on 25-49 PvP Band should have the right to make their potions too, Can't see a reason to give a red flag to them.

Implement the opition to convert shards:
Don't know the right numbers to work on, but i'll post my idea:

60 Common Shards => 1 Rare Shard.
20 Rare Shards => 1 unique Shard.
15 Unique Shards => 1 Legendary Shard
10 Legendary => 1 Super Elite Shard
5 Super Elite Shards=> 1 Crystalline

That can be a start.

#7 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:11

Also not sure how you will actually end up composting but please make it a seperate screen like forging or crafting that does not affect my profiles spaces or give any chance ill misclick anything

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:12

1 + 7 = 8 Rare Fragments

Now that is 12 Common OR 8 Rare OR 3 unique right?

It would require 12 Common + 8 Rare + 3 Unique. Note that you get 1 Fragment per 100 levels of the item you are breaking down now though :)

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:14

60 Common Shards => 1 Rare Shard.
20 Rare Shards => 1 unique Shard.
15 Unique Shards => 1 Legendary Shard
10 Legendary => 1 Super Elite Shard
5 Super Elite Shards=> 1 Crystalline

I don't think adding this would be a good idea as Common items could just be farmed via Scavenging and converted which would defeat the idea really.

#10 WhamBam

WhamBam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:20

Wow. This is so much better than what i read yesterday! Nice work. 

I think Distil should work on these though. I mean, they are potions.

#11 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:23

I don't think adding this would be a good idea as Common items could just be farmed via Scavenging and converted which would defeat the idea really.

I can understand Hoof, but to make only 1 Crystalline Shard you'll need 900.000 Common itens, i think that's can be a good idea, yeah, they can be scavenged or farmed, but that can create a new point of view for the game, i think that's a good option.

#12 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:31

It would require 12 Common + 8 Rare + 3 Unique. Note that you get 1 Fragment per 100 levels of the item you are breaking down now though :)

so do item level 1-100 gets 1 fragment or do the items start at level 100 + that you can use?

#13 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:32

so do item level 1-100 gets 1 fragment or do the items start at level 100 + that you can use?

Item level 1 - 99 would get 1 Fragment

Item level 100 - 199 would get 2 Fragments etc.

#14 jer

jer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:40

Much better, much easier to understand and the gold cost is much more reasonable were we might use this for a few potions, still need work on levels of potions but this is a good starting point so we can try it out and see where the problems are and it can be tweeked in the future.

You will never please everyone but this is a lot better then the first edition, thanks for putting the time into it and trying to get it right from the start and not just throwing it at us, sounds like a great additon to the game.

The only suggestion I have is increasing the level to compose to 150 unless they have been in game more then 2 months then there should be no level restriction, new players have enough to figure out without trying to figure this out when they first start, and with the epic quests they can reach over level 100 in there first day in game so the starting level is to low.

I say no level restiction after they played 2 month for the fact that there are PvPers and GvGers that want to stay in the lower levels and they should be included in this update also, but the 2 month restiction would keep new people from using it till they understood the buff system and what the buffs are for, I hate to see new people get frustrated and leave the game, there is enough for them to learn in the begining that they dont need this added. The 2 months was just a time I picked off the top of my head it could be longer or shorter depending on what everyone else thinks but new players should not be dealing with composing till they understand the basic game first.

#15 pyrodex

pyrodex

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:48

Could we get a potion for the buff "Extractor 2"? Outside of that I think that the composing idea is great. Thanks for the hard work HCS.

#16 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:49

I like it other than,,

the bound,, why does everything have to be bound?

And the extra fragments for high levels, just dont see how my items arent as good as theirs

I personally like the idea of it all being bound/guild-bound because we won't have that initial "WAAAAAA" from people crying about EOC guys ruling the market due to their stam banks and backpack numbers. Keeping it bound separates Composing from Inventing while still giving people the option to compose or not.

What good would composing be if you could just go to the AH and buy a level 250 SH for 2 fsp after a week because everyone is undercutting each other? You wouldn't care to be bothered with item sinking on your own which defeats the point of this.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#17 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:53

Nice! Looking forward to this, the promotions and anything else which will make the game exciting and worth logging into. Once it's all sorted would be nice to see regular WORLD le and crystal events,  possibly scavenging too, but thats less affordable, then walking around a map. Anyways, kudos!  

#18 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:53

How will composing level (how much experience you have composing) factor into things? Duration?

Why are Super Elite and Crystalline above Legendary? I know that there are currently more Legendary items (by a decent amount) than Super Elite or Crystalline, but as those items get sunk, that will change. Super Elite and Crystalline items come into the game faster than Legendary items, unless you do more LE events.

And I have to say a big NO to Buff Enhancer; I don't think player buffs should ever be castable above level 175. Maybe we need a separate thread with a poll about this? I've seen opinions on both sides about this.

#19 dazriel

dazriel

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:11

I like it. Will take some use to see how well it will work but its a good starting point. Useful pots, not really overpowered. Yeah that'll do. So.....when will we get it ? 

#20 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:20

The level of the item determines the amount of Fragments you obtain from it. For each 100 levels of the item your are breaking down, you gain an additional Fragment from the item (so a level 500 Rare item would give you 6 Rare Fragments).

this is a great idea since this would get players to use items across ALL the levels instead of just composing all the low level gear.. which would be easier to farm during Legendary Events, Elites, etc.. *thumbs up*

the rest is looking excellent as well :) Composing is really shaping up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: