BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 April 2020 - 14:34

Hi there everyone.

Today we are having our next Double Composing XP event! For the next 49 hours, until 16:00 server time on the 26th of April, XP gained from making Composing Potions shall be doubled, so get those potions brewing!

We hope you enjoy the fifty fourth Composing XP Event!

~ The Fallen Sword Team.

#2 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 14:36

Cheers bud! You sure keep it up for us :)

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2020 - 19:51

One day there'll be new stuff for us inventors at L60 (and have been for years...)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 15:26

I’m not at level 60. But, I am in favor of those that are get something out of this event as well. Have the potions cost 50% less in frags and/or gold. Or, have the time to compose cut in half. Any thoughts are welcome.

#5 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 02:24

One day there'll be new stuff for us inventors at L60 (and have been for years...)

It’s my understanding the Lvl are cap at 60 so the composed potions are not to have too much impact on other aspect of game. Some thoughts that would have minimal impact on other aspect of game…

How about have a way to continue increase the Composing Lvl after 60, but instead of able to compose new skills / increasing the skill Lvl, the players would get 1 extra special skill slot in addition to the ‘maximum of 5 skills that can be placed in a potion’. That special slot however is cap at skills Lvl25 at Lvl61 composing Lvl say, then at each subsequent composing Lvl, cap of skill Lvl increase by 5. Experiences required for advancement should of cause be as steep as the current formula, if no sharper increase…

I’ll expand the idea with more explanations in a separate topic if I have more time…

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 April 2020 - 03:24

It’s my understanding the Lvl are cap at 60 so the composed potions are not to have too much impact on other aspect of game. Some thoughts that would have minimal impact on other aspect of game…

How about have a way to continue increase the Composing Lvl after 60, but instead of able to compose new skills / increasing the skill Lvl, the players would get 1 extra special skill slot in addition to the ‘maximum of 5 skills that can be placed in a potion’. That special slot however is cap at skills Lvl25 at Lvl61 composing Lvl say, then at each subsequent composing Lvl, cap of skill Lvl increase by 5. Experiences required for advancement should of cause be as steep as the current formula, if no sharper increase…

I’ll expand the idea with more explanations in a separate topic if I have more time…

I did say in my post NEW stuff ;)

We don't want existing potions made more powerful (well, I certainly don't) - we'd LIKE NEW potions to be available :)

Edited by Pardoux, 27 April 2020 - 03:25.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 18:03

We don't want existing potions made more powerful (well, I certainly don't) - we'd LIKE NEW potions to be available :)

Not me, leave it where it is. 

I do get ya though Pardoux and I am generally all for gold sinks... But not here.... And it's selfish. Period. Or maybe not.

Peeps seem to think that everyone in the game is already level 60. This is an idiotic idea. 

Only myself and one other in my guild are at level 60. One of the other guildies is working on hitting it. Another is producing top pots for one skill and has no stress in moving beyond that.

I have seen tons of guilds (primarily in the top ranks of XP, but obviously not the best guilds based on GA analysis, the only one that counts) that actually charge for composing pots. Something, personally, that blows my mind.

Regardless, the fact that the selfish bastiges (tongue in cheek, I DO get it) charge, makes it clear that there is still demand far above supply... Ie, not everybody is level 60.

I know for a fact that players in other guilds feel "bad" cuz they are "requesting". Recently Traveling Composers have resurfaced. Nuff said?

I have seen newer players interested in composing. Which, yeah... means... ya know. 

I haven't at all done a math analysis... my "personal" feeling is that nothing should ever be added to composing beyond what it is now. 

In a nutshell it's because it would damage the gold sink overall (why work for it when you can be fed). 

IF you insist... then I would suggest, for the game (ie, not personal) that we wait until "at least" 50% of the ACTIVE population is at level 60. See ya in 2025. ,oP

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 April 2020 - 20:42

IF you insist... then I would suggest, for the game (ie, not personal) that we wait until "at least" 50% of the ACTIVE population is at level 60. See ya in 2025. ,oP

Would love to know what the actual percentage is of ESTABLISHED ACTIVE players in composing. I posted this thread almost 2 yrs ago and 43.1% of those that replied were already L60 (admittedly a relatively small response) - maybe I should run the poll again to see how things have changed.

https://forums.hunte...09&hl=composing

and done ...

https://forums.hunte...topic=77090&st=

Edited by Pardoux, 28 April 2020 - 20:47.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: