Photo

Double XP Event! 48h vs 72h

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Duration of Xp Event (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Xp Event be 48h or 72h?

1. keep it 48h (12 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. extend it to 72h (36 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

3. cancel Double xp event (4 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:35

Double Xp Event is on the way!!
YEEY!!
it's that time of the year that we all jump around from joy!

The double Xp Event will start on Friday midday...   48 hours mean
that if u want to participate on this event,  u have to hunt
on friday afternoon, (when ppl are still at work)
or saturday or sunday morning.

of ppl on the other side of the ocean though,   (i am talking for US ppl),
the event will take place on friday morning..   (ppl work or go to school)
and they have only friday evening and saturday.

I belive it should be called Double Xp Event Weekend,  and thus,   extend it to 72h
so more ppl will be able to participate on a wider timeframe that should cover
all corners of the earth eaqually.

Once again, Even if the event stays as it is, Thanks a lot Cows :)

#2 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:41

72 hours or more... This gives busy players time to enjoy the event and allows players with less max stamina the ability to hunt a few times.

#3 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 18:27

:D would be nice a bit longer considering we are on new servers and is on the weekend will some one be here to fix if something goes wrong a lot of bit pots are going to be used for this

#4 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 19:03

I think 48 hours is enough just as it has been enough for years previously.

#5 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 19:29

I think 48 hours is enough just as it has been enough for years previously.

Is it? If I recall correctly many players were left disappointed last year as they were unable to participate because of cited reasons. In fact, I think every year, during every double XP event, questions are asked about the duration and lack of it. I'm fortunate, the length of time it runs will not impact on me participating. I feel sorry for those that it does. Will an extra day really hurt? Will hoards of players reach EOC because of it's a addition. No and No. For most in FS it's a "one time" hunt. Chests and stam stored for the big hurrah to be used "one time" only. An additional 24hrs added to the duration will only accommodate more players in the game, it won't break it. So I think it fair that HCS consider the request.

Cheers.

wil72

#6 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 19:51

i dont think that a 24h extention, would hurt anyone,  or that are ppl that can take advantage of this 24h timeframe.

instead more ppl will be able to participate,  and from my experience, as there is a bigger window for hunting, less lag for everyone.

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 20:25

Run it for a week! Make a true event out of it!..

Put up a FSP deal with altering bonus 60$ potions throughout the week!.. Toss out all sorts of Legendary creatures - in the caves and the realms!.. Force spawn ALL the titans randomly!.. Give us bonus Composing XP for the event! (double or 50% or w/e).. Double or triple PvP prestige gain!..

Think about that activity! Would truly be a wonderful to have.. 

..if anything.. think about all those donations during that period ;) 

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 20:49

Whatever happened to the idea of a "2xp" potion that was given out to players to use at their discretion - that worked, obviously, alongside all other xp boosting buffs / potions ?

I remember the idea of it being brought up a couple of years ago and deemed a great idea by everyone.

Not only did it remove any need for folk to have to hunt within a specific time frame or miss out but by its very nature of being a potion (and thus used whenever), it reduced the concentrated load over the otherwise specific event window ...

The potion idea  should be, IMO, looked at again :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 21:35

That would alter the whole double XP event.. Would it become a twice a year potion handout? I'd rather see the event lengthened than get a potion..

The event isn't just about earning that XP.. it's about the experience of teh event itself.. By making the XP event game wide instead of a cherry pick personal event, you bring the community together at one time to take advantage of it.. Potion brewers, Buff dealers, and Composers are occupied with filling the demand spreading the fun around while boosting the economy.. Gold thieves are in teh shadows ready to pounce.. Bounty board is filled with pages of rewards to be claimed.. Titans are out there ready to be picked off while others are burning their stamina leveling or taking advantage of the other aspects of the game..

thats why i suggest for a week long event.. or even 120 hours!.. 5 days is better than this jam packed 48 hours where there will be a lot of players who aren't able to participate.. the end of december is filled with holidays from all cultures.. 

this game is too big to contain the fun that could be had throughout the whole spectrum of play during an epic gathering within such a small time!!!

Edited by RebornJedi, 12 December 2014 - 21:35.

#10 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 21:53

That would alter the whole double XP event.. Would it become a twice a year potion handout? I'd rather see the event lengthened than get a potion..

The event isn't just about earning that XP.. it's about the experience of teh event itself.. By making the XP event game wide instead of a cherry pick personal event, you bring the community together at one time to take advantage of it.. Potion brewers, Buff dealers, and Composers are occupied with filling the demand spreading the fun around while boosting the economy.. Gold thieves are in teh shadows ready to pounce.. Bounty board is filled with pages of rewards to be claimed.. Titans are out there ready to be picked off while others are burning their stamina leveling or taking advantage of the other aspects of the game..

thats why i suggest for a week long event.. or even 120 hours!.. 5 days is better than this jam packed 48 hours where there will be a lot of players who aren't able to participate.. the end of december is filled with holidays from all cultures.. 

this game is too big to contain the fun that could be had throughout the whole spectrum of play during an epic gathering within such a small time!!!

You raise valid points but, especially this year, with the new hosting and all, are we (well, they, as in the cows and the new setup) ready for all this flurry of activity ?

I hope so - I really REALLY don't wanna lag out when I'm using BIG potions on the event ...

Time will tell :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#11 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 22:11

Perhaps a pot with a one or two week expiration date would be the happy medium.  Longer time frame to use it at your convenience but still must be done within a certain time or it's lost.

Screenshot everything!

#12 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 22:54

i like the idea of everyone hunting during a time limited event.  If I have time and foreknowledge of the XP event I like to look at guilds XP and see how well they did during the event.

I also like the idea of a X2 doubler potion as I have been busy in RL and unable to hunt during some XP events.  

Does the potion take away from the challenge of stamina management during these big events with multiple events throughout a Holiday period?  Right now we are going to have to prioritize our stamina use between Dragon event, Holiday Quests, Holiday Titan Hunting, and XP event.  I am not sure we should have a potion.    

Edited by justinian9, 12 December 2014 - 22:56.

#13 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 00:11

last xp event I was busy in real life, I working a lot, many hours and miss xp event for hunting like other players

I am grateful for HCS give us xp event 48h

there are fallensword players here that are busy at this time and maybe 72h xp event duration give them chance to make their hunting too

this my opinion: I think maybe best date for xp event is one week after, on friday 26th december because students have no school and players who have job take vaccation at this time to be home, with family, celebrate

again I saying I am grateful for HCS give us xp event

#14 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 00:40

Why is adding 24 hours even a problem? Explain, so it's all crystal like. 

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 13 December 2014 - 00:42.

#15 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 00:52

Run it for a week! Make a true event out of it!..

Put up a FSP deal with altering bonus 60$ potions throughout the week!.. Toss out all sorts of Legendary creatures - in the caves and the realms!.. Force spawn ALL the titans randomly!.. Give us bonus Composing XP for the event! (double or 50% or w/e).. Double or triple PvP prestige gain!..

Think about that activity! Would truly be a wonderful to have.. 

..if anything.. think about all those donations during that period ;)

excellent ideas...that would make for a nice xmas present from the cows...

#16 skidoodle

skidoodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:10

I voted yes to extend, for the same reasons others have already stated.

PS....

Dear HCS

Think of it this way, it is a rare opportunity to make both levelers and PvPers happy...more time to hunt for the levelers and more time  to gold hit for the PvPers! :D

#17 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:38

I think 48 is fine. If cow dung happens to hit the fan, the option to add 24 hours is the ace card for HCS.

#18 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:48

Oh, wait, if HCS extends the time of this double XP event, then players will always want more, more, more. Well, why not? Well said Light Saber wielder!

Cheers.

wil72

#19 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:16

BG, Hoof please hook up the players with less max stamina so they can hunt twice or more by extending it to 72hours.

#20 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:45

Moving the double xp event on the 26th, when ppl will 100% be more free, as its christmas holiday, sounds better for me..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: