Photo

Double XP Event! 48h vs 72h

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Duration of Xp Event (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Xp Event be 48h or 72h?

1. keep it 48h (12 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. extend it to 72h (36 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

3. cancel Double xp event (4 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:29

the more time the better...gives more people a chance to take advantage of this rare opportunity...I really don't see why anyone would be against this? it makes absolutely no sense, if you can hunt twice...good go for it...nothing wrong with that...I agree with Rebornjedi as well a week would be even better ...

Another thing to do is send out emails to all the players promoting the event...maybe spark some returns...probally should be promoting this event on several websites as well I think thats one of the main reasons the games not getting new players is the lack of promotion...maybe its time to hire a market expert...HCS's doesn't seem to have one 

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#22 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:18

I gave no vote as I'm fine with whatever is decided:-)

Edited by Nagoyaka, 13 December 2014 - 10:36.

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2014 - 14:35

Moving the double xp event on the 26th, when ppl will 100% be more free, as its christmas holiday, sounds better for me..

That seems a bad idea - because it then means one (or more) of the cows have to be available in case of problems - and they want to enjoy the xmas break too ya know ? ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2014 - 19:05

it's been extended to 72 hours multiple times if i recall correctly so who knows?

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#25 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 19:52

it's been extended to 72 hours multiple times if i recall correctly so who knows?

I do know it's been asked for every time we have one. Or it sure seems like it anyway. As always I say take what the Cows give us and be happy! 

And a big Thank You to Hoof, Grim, and all who work so hard to bring us all the great fun at this time of year!

#26 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:19

Actually it was recently extended from 24hrs to 48... Last year it was initially 24 then the cows made it 48.

#27 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:55

Apologies about any confusion with the weeks notice, in hindsight it would probably have been better 7 days before   :(

What we can do however is make the event 72 hours instead of 48  :)

doublexpevent.png

The Double XP event has now started and will be live for the next 72 hours!

During the event, all creatures will give DOUBLE their normal xp. Enjoy!  :)

.. it was 48 hours last december's.. after changing it from 24 to 48

Actually yeah - it should be 48 hours sorry. I was thinking we normally ran it for 24 hours, but it's actually normally 48 hours  :)

I've updated the news post  :D

Edited by RebornJedi, 14 December 2014 - 10:05.

#28 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:00

every year you hear about players not being able to fully enjoy the double experience event.. it's easy to please everyone in this situation by extending the event.. would be such a moral boost for the game.. great way to make some extra donations too

#29 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 19:21

Either way in this discussion is fine by me, although there should be more challenge added during this event by making the xp taken in direct PvP doubled

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#30 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 19:51

Either way in this discussion is fine by me, although there should be more challenge added during this event by making the xp taken in direct PvP doubled

Who's the challenge for there ? - PvP'rs can beat any setup as it is, so doubling the xp taken is no challenge at all ? - just means double the "pain" for those hit and a soft-clear on the BB for most of those doing the hitting ?

I see no challenge there whatsover ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#31 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 20:52

xp event normal staying 48 hours, if extended to 72 hours mean more players can hunt, new and low players can do more than 1 hunting

I am happy with 48h, 24h, 72h or how much HCS give us is same, thank you HCS for xp event :)

Edited by kitobas, 14 December 2014 - 20:53.

#32 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 21:32

Who's the challenge for there ? - PvP'rs can beat any setup as it is, so doubling the xp taken is no challenge at all ? - just means double the "pain" for those hit and a soft-clear on the BB for most of those doing the hitting ?

I see no challenge there whatsover ...

Obviously challenge for the player, not "PvPer" vs "Leveler" as so many would like to continue to divide players with labels. Pain as you like to call it equates to a challenge. You have already thrown in the towel claiming there will be a soft clear. I promise you hit the wrong players and you will lose 5 levels and try hitting someone who's global potted. You think it is so easy, but it ain't. You're simply afraid, afraid of losing xp(even a little) which is so easy to obtain. The problem should be how to you keep the xp! As most veteran players already know, ditch your gold and you should be safe from attack. But then again so many just want to hit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,r and log off. Just goes to show the ease with which xp is attained... and on top of it players continue to want it easier to play; double xp gained isn't enough, triple is still desired by some. This game will not survive with the same old boring "events" players can now ink in their calendars. Speaking of challenges, I'm challenging the developers to come up with something that excites players, and I'm talking about more than adding some uber skills!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#33 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 22:05

Obviously challenge for the player, not "PvPer" vs "Leveler" as so many would like to continue to divide players with labels.

So, explain this CHALLENGE ? - taking double XP is just making one side of the fence inflict more "harm" on the other side of the fence whilst an event specifically designed to increase XP is in effect. A challenge is, to me, something to be worked at, something you have to push yourself at - just taking twice the amount of xp that an already easy hit would be against someone hunting still is no challenge.

Pain as you like to call it equates to a challenge. You have already thrown in the towel claiming there will be a soft clear. I promise you hit the wrong players and you will lose 5 levels and try hitting someone who's global potted. You think it is so easy, but it ain't.

Oh, I fully understand that some players can lose 5 levels - I very rarely see a pvp'r do so however. And, of course it's easy to hit someone whilst they're in hunting mode - most hunting setups are primarily damage related, not defence or armor - so you don't need much to beat them.

You're simply afraid, afraid of losing xp(even a little) which is so easy to obtain. The problem should be how to you keep the xp! As most veteran players already know, ditch your gold and you should be safe from attack.

Of course players know how to minimise the risks, but a lot of players during this event probably won't run sacrifice and thus will be raking in a lot more gold than normal during their hunt. Personally, I'll be running the best sacrifice I can - to minimise my risk of being hit AND to get the maximum xp from it.

But then again so many just want to hit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,r and log off. Just goes to show the ease with which xp is attained... and on top of it players continue to want it easier to play; double xp gained isn't enough, triple is still desired by some. This game will not survive with the same old boring "events" players can now ink in their calendars. Speaking of challenges, I'm challenging the developers to come up with something that excites players, and I'm talking about more than adding some uber skills!

This game will sink or swim from the actions of the developers - that's probably one of the few points you and I will ever agree on. BUT, the difference is, you see that action leading in 1 direction and I see it leading in another.

You think restoring PvP to the "halcyon" days of no limits lost on the bounty board and such will restore it - I think something like that would be the final nail in the coffin for  the game. Who will you pvp'rs hit when there's no-one left BUT you pvp'rs ?

#34 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 23:11

Speaking of challenges, I'm challenging the developers to come up with something that excites players, and I'm talking about more than adding some uber skills!

2x events aren't exciting? Levelers love gaining levels. Thieves love the massive gold available to steal. Fsp prices sky rocket in fsp marketplace. Bounty board lights up like a Christmas tree. Who doesn't look forward to this? No pleasing some I guess.

#35 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 00:58

Double XP loss will never happen.. Better off using your time for something more constructive..

..like bonus PvP Prestige and Gold theft..

#36 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:48

Oh go on then... 72 hours it is :)

#37 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:58

this gives more players time to hunt and me the time I need to hunt this xp event, thanks friend :)

#38 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:36

But then again so many just want to hit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,r and log off.

Luis, please try to get it correct. It is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,0,r and then log off. I know it has been awhile since you last did it, but sheesh...

#39 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:44

Thank you Hoof

#40 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:50

:D thanks Hoof hope to see this announced on the homepage soon....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: