Photo

make it so you cant see friends list or who logs in when at trappers atol.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 15:56

pretty sure friends list wasnt supposed to act as a fricking advanced warning tool to every forager at trappers atol..add a pker to friends list and watch for them to log in and you exit stage left swiftly.  fix this please.

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#2 Hellion

Hellion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 16:03

Yeah I agree, It also allows ppl to add you to friends so they can harass the person whenever they log on..  this is a totally BAD idea to allow that.  It just brings the number of ppl wanting to play because someone wants to act like a fool & harass ppl.

#3 byteme81

byteme81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 16:08

Yeah, That has to go ASAP!  I am sick of some jerk harassing me as soon as I log in because they cannot take a joke or an opinion without trolling & acting like a fool..   having that is like you saying we do not care, Pay us & still be harassed by every little child who does not like what someone else says & wants to harass them..  PLEASE remove/fix that Friends list problem!

#4 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 August 2014 - 18:07

Would it be good enough that a friend has to accept your friend request?  Or do you want to kill them to???   :ph34r:  I say this because I do head to TA to gather will waiting for friend to come online.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#5 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 18:09

Not just TA slip! privacy options should be available throughout the whole game... that would also solve your problem, you could choose to login anonymously and then go stalk in TA.  :P

They need to fix the fact that anyone can add anyone to friends list too, we should have to "accept" a friend request.

Something like this, suggested back in March:

http://forums.hunted...in-anonymously/

Edited by Mongo, 03 August 2014 - 18:10.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#6 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2014 - 17:21

I should of mentioned this in my last post, but for anyone having the same problem as slip, you just add your target to your ignore list.

This will remove you from their friends list and they will not see when you log on or off. (me and slip tested it to double check, works like a charm). :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#7 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 18:39

:ph34r:

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#8 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 21:27

I rarely go to TA but I love having the advanced warning system. I think it's great. I have every PVP person I know on my list and some of us have shared this info. If any non pvp'ers need a list of names to add, let me know in game, as long as you don't show up as an alt of a pvp player. If you need more tips too, I'll help out. I say leave this the way it is ;)

If they remove the ability to see friends list in TA, then I would suggest all non pvp players to never go to TA again. Make the place a ghost town and go back to farming regular nodes. You know the price of rare mats has skyrocketed. Lots of profits now farming outside of TA :)

Sorry, I just feel like TA was a very bad idea from the start. Enticing lowbies to gather there at the price of being one-shot and robbed by a high level ? It's a bully system. If it were more even level, then fine. But it's not.

Edited by zargon, 14 August 2014 - 21:52.

#9 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 August 2014 - 21:55

HCS DO NOT do this,  stop listening to all the high lvls,  :angry:  :lol:  not only is it not fair to be beat down by a lvl 45 (with out having a chance to fight back)  we lose WAY TO MUCH loot as is when you die, so  most of you had to WORK  HARD (SO YOU SAY)  for your res, then why the hell are you wanting to hit others trying to WORK hard to get theres?  i understand it TA (PVP) but to lose that much with out even having a chance is not right,  I AGREE WITH ZARGON  TA was a bad mistake, take it out and make it a place for our OWN PERSONAL SHOPS to set up  for next update :)

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#10 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:13

you don't loose anything. you just loose the extra resources that you gained while farming in TA. and keep the amount you could have farmed outside in the same time period.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#11 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:00

im still losing???  :(  think my idea of it being a place for our shops is GREAT~~

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#12 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:16

TA is a PvP zone. Expect to die, or at least fight if you go there and stop whining about it.

I would actually like it if some of you whiners went and gathered somewhere else as it would mean more rare mats in the market, so please take your own advice and go do that :)

Perhaps we should make a Happy Pony island where you have to be level 44 or under to enter. Everyone that goes there gets free cupcakes on arrival. That might make low levels happy?

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#13 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:31

TA is a PvP zone. Expect to die, or at least fight if you go there and stop whining about it.

I would actually like it if some of you whiners went and gathered somewhere else as it would mean more rare mats in the market, so please take your own advice and go do that :)

Perhaps we should make a Happy Pony island where you have to be level 44 or under to enter. Everyone that goes there gets free cupcakes on arrival. That might make low levels happy?

Nah cupcakes wont be enough. But maybe 300 valour points each time they enter will make them stop whine.

Edit: And it's not only low levels that whine. Seen plenty 40+ that whines as well

Edited by Zook, 15 August 2014 - 21:32.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#14 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:49

Yes, stop whining. Just don't anyone go there at all unless you are PVP. Problem solved. Let the 10 PVP players make their home there and change nothing about it. They do not want to hear anyone else not liking the way it's setup. It's perfect for those 10 players.

edit: Oh wait, they won't have any more easy low level one-shot kills anymore. Damn.

Edited by zargon, 15 August 2014 - 21:51.

#15 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 22:19

I am not a pvper. I go there for gathering. My response came from a gatherers perspective, just sick of the whining, lol

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#16 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 August 2014 - 22:20

I'm not fond of open PvP.  I ignored PvP when speccing talents, concentrating on best (IMO lol) PvE build.  While I buy some of my mats, I do gather in TA with both my 45 and 29 chars when not after rare mats.

I have no problem with TA the way it is.  Keeps me on my toes and more in the game (when I gather in safe places I tend to read or whatever).  So I die sometimes, comes with the territory.  And there is that rare victory.  In other words, I make the best of it and just have fun.

Most 'professional' pvp'ers don't attack every time they see you.  What's the point if there's no real fight?  I make a lot of trips to cash in, so I rarely have many smuggled mats.  (Made a mistake the other day and someone got very lucky.  Not going to happen again.)  Sometimes they stop and kill me, mostly they ride by and let me finish my gathering.

Many PvP'ers go on a rampage occasionally.  And there are a couple that always go for the kill.  When it reaches the point where the fun is gone, I leave and return later.

Oh, and before I forget.  Regarding the original topic, with the new distant views is it still relevant?  Can now see people coming long before they can get into attack range.

Edited by Irradiated, 15 August 2014 - 22:33.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#17 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 22:40

If only you could put all these low levels back in the day  of Eldevin where you lose durability if you die in trappers atoll, and when gathering outside of TA a low level trash mob interrupts your gathering and revives every minute,when you get no where as close as much mats as you get in TA even when you are dead, you even get smuggled gold  , making buying the other mats you  need to get from NPC's affordable ,we had none of that first week of Eldevin, First weeks of Eldevin whenever you crafted something you lost money in the process selling the final product back to the NPC gaved you less money than what it takes to make it.

Most of you in that time would probably whine that we need a faster way to get mats, and we did the first week players got around to it and the HCS crew came up with putting faster resources in TA, be thankful for the higher level players and HCS that got this game far for the new generation of players don't have to struggle like we once did.

EDIT: Reason why most of the high levels are being sarcastic as hell is because the people who are whining are spoiled as F.

Edited by lester, 15 August 2014 - 23:11.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#18 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 23:29

Can't say I agree with the OP, I like to know when my friends get online, whether I am in TA or not.

Sadly I don't have enough space to add the PvPers - Mongo, Fiz and sd have taken most of my availability, so I guess I'll keep looking over my shoulder.

However, if you gather in TA then expect to fight. It is a PVP zone without durability loss!! All you lose is a little gathered resource. There is sooooo much whining for something that is very clear. There are plenty of places to gather, so if you don't want to PvP, go gather elsewhere.  

#19 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 00:06

The whining is not about being killed in TA. The whining is about high levels killing low levels. Like shooting fish in a barrel. Not very sporting or challenging. The justification is that's it's a balance of nature to keep lowbies from over farming - lmao. Those who do this get satisfaction when a lowbie bitches about it knowing that they were the cause of their angst.

#20 Eloom

Eloom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 00:23

they just added 200 more to ignore list. darn i shouldn't be helping pkers... but wile i'm here pls take out mini map for TA make it more fun not knowing who you will pop in to :) 

milkyway-pan1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: