Photo

Composing - In Detail (Revision 1.2)

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing Poll (458 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think we should go ahead and add revision 1.2 of Composing should be added to the game?

1. Yes (392 votes [85.59%])

Percentage of vote: 85.59%

2. No (66 votes [14.41%])

Percentage of vote: 14.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:54

i would really like to see the gold cost increased..

such an opportunity

to be a gold sink..

why waste it.

+1 the potions are powerful. so let the payable gold balance it out

#22 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:11

Basicly how the composing is now, there is no need for leveling in composing since you would make what you want emediatly and no need to train the skill ... who cares that it takes 3h ... you do not even hunt each 3h.

The maximum duration of the potions are also affected by your Composing Level.

#23 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:12

Is there anything to stop guild tagged items from being broken down? If not, this could become a nightmare. I can visualize thieves joining a guild and stripping it of very valuable gear.

I will reserve vote until this is answered

You can't break down guild tagged items :)

#24 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:13

What about the potion lvl hoof? Will that be tied to composing lvl also?

#25 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:14

At the moment no, I'm not opposed to factoring that in as well though :)

#26 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:15

Thanks hoof! 

#27 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:36

Where will we find the potions once invented?  Backpack / Guild Store?  Mailbox / Guild Mailbox?

#28 PXT

PXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:37

I vote yes... Maybe stop items from shops being broken into fragments? Otherwise we could just go buy a zillion common items from the low level shops  :)

Simply remove the low level shops with useless stuff in them and problem solved. OR another idea is if it's not selling a Quest Item, remove the contents or turn it into a bottle shop. Say up to level 400??? I'm guessing here. 

I like the idea, think it's great. Fabulous work Hoof!

PXT

#29 Nordom0

Nordom0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:43

Simply remove the low level shops with useless stuff in them and problem solved. OR another idea is if it's not selling a Quest Item, remove the contents or turn it into a bottle shop. Say up to level 400??? I'm guessing here. 

they cant do this because of some newbies will want to purchase the items... it would cause more problems than anything else... as for buying a zillion lower level items... it could come to being a problem... but then again they only really sold Common or rare items... it woudnt really help to cover the SE, LE or CR, Items that you have to get in other ways,

and in all honesty, i do think that the levels of the potions should be effected by the Level of the Composing... basically for level 1 only allowing potions of up to level 100, then go from there... dunno which way you want to go with that...

another thing is... when this comes out... i am thinking i will be seeing prices like back in 2007-8 when most legendary items were 100+ FSP, and the SE items were rivaling the current Epic Prices.... all because of the cost of the fragments....

because of these two things... i will have to vote No for this one....

#30 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:47

Mongo, on 03 Jun 2013 - 10:22, said:

Maybe stop items from shops being broken into fragments? Otherwise we could just go buy a zillion common items from the low level shops  :)

Which would be better -- low level maps filled with high level hunters (fewer creatures for those of map level to hunt)  or high levels sinking gold in low level shops (or caves)?

#31 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:54

Hoof’s Basic Potion [30m]
Conserve 50
Librarian 180

This potion would require:
3 + 9 = 12 Common Fragments
1 + 7 = 8 Rare Fragments
0 + 3 = 3 Unique Fragments
0 + 1 = 1 Legendary Fragments

Actually it is:

This potion would require:
3 + 9 = 12 Common Fragments
0 + 7 = 7 Rare Fragments
0 + 3 = 3 Unique Fragments
0 + 1 = 1 Legendary Fragments

The Conserve 50 skill won't require any rare fragments because it is not above level 50. ;)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#32 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:55

i would really like to see the gold cost increased..

such an opportunity

to be a gold sink..

why waste it.

word..  30k for level 250 buffs?? 60k for instant brew? WAY too low

#33 dazriel

dazriel

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:58

Just make everything sold in those shops a common item. Common items are gonna be everywhere anyway and I cant see anyone having trouble getting them, the other ones are gonna be what requires the effort to get. So leave them in the shops, make them a few hundred gold same as pots or something and let anyone wants them go and buy them. 

The potion level being tied to composing level is a good idea too. Duration, time to compose and level all increasing as you level through composing. 

As for the price of gear sky rocketing I dont think it will happen. A balance will be struck between what the item is worth in composing and what its worth to wear. Prices will never hit 100fsp unless its already close to that now because even 10fsp would make it too expensive to break it down for a couple shards in composing.

#34 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:59

If this whole idea is to go ahead (what are the chances?  :o ), I think it should be added slowly.  Maybe only introduce buffs from the lower levels in the skill trees to begin with (tied to composing level this should not be a problem), plus maybe 3 composing only skills (one for each category, offense / defense / special).

Have a thread in the forums for evaluation of the whole thing (game effects such as buff selling, regular potion making / selling, market place prices and AH prices) before introducing higher (skill tree) level options for composing.

#35 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:09

At the moment no, I'm not opposed to factoring that in as well though :)

Composing level should affect which potions can be made.  The higher in the skill tree, the higher composing level should be required, reflecting effort made to 'gain' the skill.

#36 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:10

No still to easy ... increase the influence of composing level (limit buffs, max buffs in pot and buffs level depending on composing level)  and add the possibility to pay more to make it in less time (made a possible equation for this in previous revision).

I voted against as I disagree with the fact that an L50 player can make L1600 potions. Whats the point in levelling up, when somebody with a low level can make the same potions as I can make, for the same cost?

Basicly how the composing is now, there is no need for leveling in composing since you would make what you want emediatly and no need to train the skill ... who cares that it takes 3h ... you do not even hunt each 3h.

I am voting no for the exact same reason.

This is why I voted no also.

Don't really see much point in arguing this any further though, this idea is completely broken, but seeing as people that aren't able to cast some skills now will be able to create these skills instead with this borked proposal. (and there are a lot of them) I'm guessing this will have a good showing in the poll.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#37 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:30

I don't see why low level players should be restricted in the level of potions they can make. Also, I think that the potions need to be at a decent level from the start for it to be interesting to others than the low level players. 

And yes, it is a relatively low price, but you also pay with the items you throw in.

In general, I think this is a good idea and I look forward to trying it.

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

#38 muabnesor

muabnesor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:38

I voted against as I disagree with the fact that an L50 player can make L1600 potions. Whats the point in levelling up, when somebody with a low level can make the same potions as I can make, for the same cost?

This is not new, Potion of Lesser Light Foot only requires a player to be level 1 even though the buff is a level 700.  This is the same with many of the potions that can be currently made in the game.

#39 Nordom0

Nordom0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:43

This is not new, Potion of Lesser Light Foot only requires a player to be level 1 even though the buff is a level 700.  This is the same with many of the potions that can be currently made in the game.

To make Yes level 1, to Use, level 20, but remember its only for a level 25 Light Foot...

i dont think the main complaint is for them to be able to make the potion for a level 1600 buff, but for its buff level to be overpowered for their level,

#40 ventr

ventr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:52

It may be wise to allow certain skills to be put into potions from lvl 3 of composing etc. It would be wise too to add requirements for each level of composing - nothing complicated but things like: for lvl 2 you need to brew a pot's which use a total of X common, Y elite, Z legendary fragments and so on. That would prevent going to lvl 10 of composing just via common items being sunk, and would add assurement that some better items will be sunked.

As to price skyrocketing - it won't happen, cause you can use any item so only the cheapest and most available will be touched in the process. But it will be up to price of 1 FSP if item was sold for gold initially.

And in general I think idea is good. It may put life back to SE hunting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: