• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Whammies

Whammies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:11

I just broke a volkers amulet because i didnt painstakingly check to see if i have activated my 15 potions. and guess what i missed one. unbreakable. before i used to be able to click all of my pots on a page and if they didnt need to be put on they didnt get wasted. now i gotta double and triple check to see if i have a buff on so i dnt waste expensive potions. HCS THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED BACK OR OTHERS WILL DO THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes i used caps because i am annoyed and i mean to emphasize each word. Gosh.

And i know the smart alecs will say " should have checked your buffs. i am currently rocking 49 buffs with tiny little avatars representing them. alittle hard to keep straight

*Admin Edited for swearing. Knock it off.*

#2 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:47

I just broke a volkers amulet because i didnt painstakingly check to see if i have activated my 15 potions. and guess what i missed one. unbreakable. before i used to be able to click all of my pots on a page and if they didnt need to be put on they didnt get wasted. now i gotta double and triple check to see if i have a buff on so i dnt waste expensive potions. HCS THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED BACK OR OTHERS WILL DO THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes i used caps because i am annoyed and i mean to emphasize each word. Gosh.

And i know the smart alecs will say " should have checked your buffs. i am currently rocking 49 buffs with tiny little avatars representing them. alittle hard to keep straight

*Admin Edited for swearing. Knock it off.*

FORTY NINE buffs ? - sheesh, if there wasn't one already called overkill, I'd say 49 was overkill LOL.

#3 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:53

yes but he probably needed 15 buffs that do not do any help to him at all ,all the ones that do not help if you are already 1 hitting .....but it sure looks impressive seen a person with 74 one day have never laughed so hard..

Solution create a hunting folder for your pots then put 1 of each you intend to use before a hunt when it is empty you know you have em all on, no duplication !

#4 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2012 - 14:47

The even easier way is to simply move all of the potions you need for a hunt into your main folder, have all your gear and other stuff in 'bought' folders.

This way when you click 'quick Wear' (FSH feature) all of your hunt potions appear at the top of the list and can be quickly drunk...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#5 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2012 - 14:53

I get more requests for "all buffs" from people about to level than for any other combination or package. Even though I try to make it as clear as possible in my bio that the pvp buffs that are excluded from the levelling pack don't function in PvE.

A folder for potions is very useful, I wouldn't be able to manage without mine, and with UB, I find it easier now to tell if I have it active, because of the equip durability display between current stam and backpack spaces on the top bar. If it never changes it's because UB 200 is active, and if it drops at any point it's because it's not

#6 Whammies

Whammies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 17:29

A folder for potions is very useful, I wouldn't be able to manage without mine, and with UB, I find it easier now to tell if I have it active, because of the equip durability display between current stam and backpack spaces on the top bar. If it never changes it's because UB 200 is active, and if it drops at any point it's because it's not

yes that is a choice however its stupid extra cost and time to run though and make a new potion folder

FORTY NINE buffs ? - sheesh, if there wasn't one already called overkill, I'd say 49 was overkill LOL.

3 people dropped all their buffs on me before i hunted.

The even easier way is to simply move all of the potions you need for a hunt into your main folder, have all your gear and other stuff in 'bought' folders.

This way when you click 'quick Wear' (FSH feature) all of your hunt potions appear at the top of the list and can be quickly drunk...

Once again extra work that was unneeded before this patch

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 April 2012 - 17:40

This patch was implemented due to player feedback.

#8 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:10

It's not really extra work.. Moving all of your needed potions from their individual folders into an empty main folder, then using quick wear to drink them all is a fast way of making sure you've drank all of the potions you need.. Something I've done for well over a year now..

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#9 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 21:30

Nobody asked to have potions be used up and do absolutely nothing.

If a buff would not be applied, the potion should not be used up.

What was asked for was for multi-buff potions to partially apply on top of existing buffs; not for single buff potions to be wasted.

#10 Whammies

Whammies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 22:08

Grim i have an idea why not make this a player preference . either the new way or the old way.
then you dont have people like me complaining about wasted buffs.
look problem solved!
Whammies

#11 Whammies

Whammies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 22:11

It's not really extra work.. Moving all of your needed potions from their individual folders into an empty main folder, then using quick wear to drink them all is a fast way of making sure you've drank all of the potions you need.. Something I've done for well over a year now..

shar.
read your first sentence of your original post. its extra work dude. if i didn't need it, the game was smart enough not to let me use it.
however my idea of make it a player preference would solve this post easily lets see what a cow says

#12 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 April 2012 - 16:43

Solution create a hunting folder for your pots then put 1 of each you intend to use before a hunt when it is empty you know you have em all on, no duplication !

That is exactly what I do ... also keep a head count on how many potions should be in that folder BEFORE you hunt.

that way you can do a quick count off ... after using each one. you'll never run into that problem again, :mrgreen:

Most of us were NOT effected by the update because we already use potions in this manner, via folders.

#13 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 00:05

What was asked for was for multi-buff potions to partially apply on top of existing buffs; not for single buff potions to be wasted.

with due respect Grim, the update was a bit different from players feedback. Potions should work exactly as buffs:
if you already have it: you cant be buffed
if you have a lower level buff: higher level buff applies

So in a multi buff potion, only higher level buff should count.

Please remember that in game there are a few perfectly orgenised players who never make a mistake, a good part of players who will get confused by new rule (and they will waste potions), and (i suppose) a vast majority of players that probably didnt even noticed the update and will happily waste their potions for months before realising what is happening (honestly not their fault, its game and it should be played, its not a work to study :wink: )

#14 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 29 April 2012 - 23:02

Hmm had 5 mins left on a lf1250 and a wither 450...thought to myself...drink the new ones, to simply refresh my other pots... low and behold..Nope... they just disappear O_o and i still had less then 5 mins left on the lw and wither pot LMAO wtf? Seriously... this makes no sense O.o

#15 Versair

Versair

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 23:49

with due respect Grim, the update was a bit different from players feedback. Potions should work exactly as buffs:
if you already have it: you cant be buffed
if you have a lower level buff: higher level buff applies

So in a multi buff potion, only higher level buff should count.

Please remember that in game there are a few perfectly orgenised players who never make a mistake, a good part of players who will get confused by new rule (and they will waste potions), and (i suppose) a vast majority of players that probably didnt even noticed the update and will happily waste their potions for months before realising what is happening (honestly not their fault, its game and it should be played, its not a work to study :wink: )

+1

#16 scarsick

scarsick

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:39

Hmm had 5 mins left on a lf1250 and a wither 450...thought to myself...drink the new ones, to simply refresh my other pots... low and behold..Nope... they just disappear O_o and i still had less then 5 mins left on the lw and wither pot LMAO wtf? Seriously... this makes no sense O.o

You serious o_O ?

And this's supposedly a result of a game 'update' :roll:

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:19

Hrm. That's not what it's meant to do. It should overwrite the buff with the updated time. Not use it and leave the duration as it was.

#18 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:14

Hrm. That's not what it's meant to do. It should overwrite the buff with the updated time. Not use it and leave the duration as it was.

I didn't think it was supposed to do that ( hence i drank the pots) but yep, they just go *poof* :(

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:50

I didn't think it was supposed to do that ( hence i drank the pots) but yep, they just go *poof* :(

Yeah, I'm talkin' with the Coders about this.

#20 Lamium

Lamium

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:08

Hey Maehdros, You said you had lf1250 and wither 450 activated right? I need to know, was the other potion the same buffs? Or were they different buffs? I need you to be as specific as you can about what happened :)

Looking into it now but need your response to do a proper check :mrgreen:

Many Thanks,
~ Web Developer
Richard 'Lamium' Logan-Baker | Steam | Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: