Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:36

Ok, so anyone that has tried a little pvp knows how easy it is to form a pre group and own a bunch of random players who join the queue solo. It is not a challenge, it is too easy and really just laughable  :D

The first couple of times, yeah it was fun to just smash everyone with little to no risk of ever getting killed. Now I actually feel bad and kinda guilty killing randoms when I'm in a pre made strong group. I have also tried queueing solo and team members left after being killed! leaving us as a 3 man and 2 man on both occasions.

Lets make pvp more challenging, seperate groups from solo. These groups want a challenge (I think?) and currently it is not challenging, so how about......

If you enter a pre made group of 5 you can now only face another pre made group of 5, or maybe we could even set the minimum at 4? so 4 man group could face a 4/5 man group, just to give the flexibility and challenge.

If you enter solo, you will now be mixed at random onto the 2 groups with 9 other players who entered solo.

That is my suggestion  :)

Edited by Mongo, 06 February 2014 - 16:01.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#2 Johnyy2q

Johnyy2q

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 13:19

Agreed. 

#3 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2014 - 13:31

mongo you been a bully. lol. killing lower lvls in pvp you bad man.

yeah seen this loads of times happen, really think benny spell should be band from pvp. as if there is someone on both sides with the spell it can get hard to kill each other. mybe the patch on monday will help but still think benny spell shopuldn't be aloud in pvp.

#4 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 13:32

mongo you been a bully. lol. killing lower lvls in pvp you bad man.

Mongo innocent, always  :D

#5 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2014 - 13:54

I still think the PvP needs to have level separation... A level 20 getting slammed by a level 40 will never be a fair fight.. All of you that have gotten to level 40 have done really well.. But if PvP stays like it is then it won't be around long..... I would say break level up into level 10-14, 15-19, and so on.. But just my little idea... 

#6 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 14:41

We don't have the population for something like this, while I'm all for your idea Mongo I would like to think the main priority is global balance and then everything follows. We should see some main balances with the implementation of the Monday patch.

I'd also like to suggest that you can see who you are being grouped with in some sort of menu, their class and level. Have the option to kick said players from the "solo que group". Hear me out though, a kick option doesn't necessarily mean to grief someone. If there are trolls, people just going afk, players the majority of the team don't like.. etc.. you have the option to kick them.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#7 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 16:00

True, player base would make it difficult to separate group/solo at this time. Unless everyone joins solo queue for now?  :P

That would not be fair on those who want to group up with friends in their team though  :(

#8 Tidushg

Tidushg

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:37

The idea of having different level pvp is better as shylark mentioned, that way everyone can have fun and maybe have a pvp where its a death match and if you lose you lose your equipment :P, and the player that killed you takes it and passes the loot on etc..

#9 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:01

We don't have the population for something like this, ...

We have ... Im pretty sure we can find 2 premade groups ... and if people want just pvp without slamming random people, they all have to queue solo - Point - ...

If they want a challenge they premade their team and then queue, so does the other team that wants to play against them.

The idea of having different level pvp is better as shylark mentioned, that way everyone can have fun and maybe have a pvp where its a death match and if you lose you lose your equipment  :P, and the player that killed you takes it and passes the loot on etc..

doesnt fit the game ... you have to run like 100 TR runs for the full set - loosing it in 1 Fight would just destroy pvp for real

Edited by Lagenia, 07 February 2014 - 10:02.

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#10 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:46

We have ... Im pretty sure we can find 2 premade groups ... and if people want just pvp without slamming random people, they all have to queue solo - Point - ...

If they want a challenge they premade their team and then queue, so does the other team that wants to play against them.

Okay let me rephrase myself, we don't have an active pvp community. You cannot join the game and get into pvp within a few minutes (it takes hours). Once the population is at the point where you can log on and find a game in a maximum of 5 minutes we can successfully admit to having an "active population".

I didn't say this suggesttion was bad? It would be a bad decision to implement the idea while there is limited pvp population.

Edited by Neon, 07 February 2014 - 11:46.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#11 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 13:44

Well from my point of view right now there shouldnt be premade queues for pvp.

Or for example 2 different kind of Queues "solo queue and premade queue" so if people want to make pvp join either solo queue or premade queue (which would lead with the community right now, most likely to solo queue pvp because noone wants to get stomped by premades) and also it fixes the problem, when there will be a more active pvp community, because the groups can then decide whether to join the premade queues or the solo queues (for faster pvps)

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#12 Johnyy2q

Johnyy2q

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 15:33

I swear neon your on every post. :)

#13 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 February 2014 - 13:03

At the current population level I think it would work best to have all players randomized - that is, no premades. It might not be ideal but it solves the problem for the time being - and can be rescinded once there are more people around.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: