BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 14:42

Hey there Everyone!

A new Titan has emerged to terrorize the world during Oidhche Shamhna.

Tommy Aches (Titan)
Posted Image

There was a selfish baker who plotted the downfall of his rivals, cheated his customers and charged more for an inferior cake and yet he still had the audacity to pray to Sahria for wealth and the Greatest cake in all the lands. That night his wish was granted and the Titan known as Tommy Aches rose from the bakers kitchen, his chocolate covered mallow and jam body swelling in great size and squishing the baker before blundering away in a random direction.

Level: 300+

This Titan will be available in the Realm Haunt of Tommy Aches for the next two weeks! His drop will be available through Titan Kill Points though it has not been unveiled yet.

Furthermore, in response to player Feedback, Titans will no longer appear on the Classic Map. They will only display on the new Map. This ought to ensure everyone has a fair chance of hunting the Titans.

Additionally, we have reduced the Community Goal to 50 million kills. This ought to allow the Community to attain Global Ruby.

~ The Fallen Sword Team.

#2 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 November 2012 - 14:47

Niiiice!

#3 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 15:00

it would be cool if it was a epic resource and used to make a couple different epic items across many levels

#4 bulseye71

bulseye71

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 15:05

Furthermore, in response to player Feedback, Titans will no longer appear on the Classic Map. They will only display on the new Map. This ought to ensure everyone has a fair chance of hunting the Titans.

Please explain why this is good...or "fair" or makes things "even"...couldn't any hunter choose the classic or the new map and thus choose which map to use when hunting Titians ? I guess I don;t understand the need for this change one way or the other. I'm simply curious for clarification, i rarely hunt Titians...so.

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 15:10

Please explain why this is good...or "fair" or makes things "even"...couldn't any hunter choose the classic or the new map and thus choose which map to use when hunting Titians ?

Players using the classic map were still using old scripts which do not function on the new map system. The way the new map functions ensures that everyone is on level footing.

#6 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 15:14

sweet! I wonder what this over-sized cookie tastes like?

Let's all go and whack a piece and find out :-)

#7 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 01 November 2012 - 15:16

Awesome update, and Sweet titan! ( pun intended LOL )

good work Hcs.

#8 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 15:19

nice idea on the new titan an how to be able to hunt it. :wink: don't hunt much on titans but might make it more worth the while to give it a shot. am sure are waiting to get a few bites of the cookies it brings an what the item is. 8)

#9 cramble27

cramble27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 15:42

Question: Why do you have to complete the quest Spooky Smashers to be able to get to the realm to kill the titan?

#10 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 15:58

New titan epic, always wanted me some gloves made out of chocolate. heh Nice

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#11 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:01

Nice one :) i cant get single kill from 20 mins of moving around to get on spot :lol:

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:08

Question: Why do you have to complete the quest Spooky Smashers to be able to get to the realm to kill the titan?

If you read Spook Smashers and notice the weapon you need to fight the Pesky Spooks (who are green floating uglies) you'll notice that we were riffing off of Ghost Busters, which is an awesome film. We didn't want to copy Mr. Staypuft, so Tommy Aches is a giant rampaging monster made of teacakes. So it's all thematically linked.

Teacake =

Posted Image

#13 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:11

Would have been a clever move to only permit those who qualified for ruby tier to hunt the titan Grim?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:14

Would have been a clever move to only permit those who qualified for ruby tier to hunt the titan Grim?

Putting the needed kills at 25 thousand would have incited riots, of that I am sure. My original number was 4,000, and I though that might be a touch high. So 1,000 kills it is. But they have to be Pesky Spooks.

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:15

Putting the needed kills at 25 thousand would have incited riots, of that I am sure. My original number was 4,000, and I though that might be a touch high. So 1,000 kills it is. But they have to be Pesky Spooks.

Let em riot, what are they going to do? VIRTUALLY fire-bomb you's? lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:16

At the end of the day, I want there to be challenge but also, most importantly, fun.

#17 dar

dar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:18

Hey Grim.
Just wondering if the reward is TKP only or if it's a straight-out drop for the guild that gets 50% of the kills?
Cheers,
D

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:19

Hey Grim.
Just wondering if the reward is TKP only or if it's a straight-out drop for the guild that gets 50% of the kills?
Cheers,
D

There is a drop for the Guild that gets 51%, yes. But it will be a TKP item too.

#19 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:19

that might be a bit of a stretch there Doom, I so far gotten like 50% of mine to ruby but I still plan working towards it more. but I also did some of the other quests I wasn't able to do before so I would of had more global kills. am planning to do more but waiting on stam. an for others that have less stam would be tougher to even get the chance.

atleast with having to do the event quest an use of the bound item to hunt it like the kraken titan an the Fushy SE you sorta gotta do some quests to do the same thing to be able to hunt it. but nice an sneaky way of doing it up to get more global kills in. :wink:

#20 feonix13

feonix13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:20

For those of you who are wondering, here's what the new epic looks like:

Posted Image

Creation-byRoan.png

Ahem!!! ... As all the cakes are mine - That is my cake.
All of it.
Every last sprinkle.
Its mine....my precious....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: