#1 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 December 2014 - 18:56

ok i have put a list together here of bugs and issues me and others are having as when i say them on other posts devs either miss them or don't bother with them, so if i put a list together then it might help.

1. frost dragon:   when you need to kill it to go further in the quest it's not registering the kill. the other day i had to kill it 4-5 times before it advanced the quest and others are having the same problem.

2. loot/quest drops:    ok noticed this the other day on killing the last boss in TR storymode. the boss killed me as i was just taking a swing at it but with that swing of the sword i killed it, but the chest never dropped so couldn't go back into the area to collect the relics and the boss was dead so could beat it again to get the chest. so i had to reset the instance so lost 1 whole run. this also happens in all dungeons a belive and also happens with any mob but with normal mobs you can get loot off the next mob.

3. TR loot drops:    so since the fix the 2 handed items have started dropping now but still no throwing weapons drop there even though they are on the loot drop table. i here off Ana that no essence's are in the loot table but all other dungeons have essnece drops in them if we could maybe have some in tr? upto you on that one but throwing weapons fix would be good.

4. laggy servers/dcing/ freezing:  ok this has been getting worse since the servers went back to just 3. when things happen to me they happen to some others at the same time, like the game will feeze for 10 seconds then be ok. most things that are happening are like before when we started steam, i'll be on mount going somewhere and i will suddenly start going really slow like the matrix. another thing i have noticed if i run and then cast a spell i jump backwards but the spell i cast is in the spot where i cast it which is strange. the mobs in BT do it, you wait for them to group together then cast tremor as tank and about 5 skellys jump backwards like michael jackson's moon walk. last thing with servers is the US and OC servers are really laggy to play on ( i'm from the UK so play EU server) the ping seems more than what it used to be before we went back to 3 servers.

5  this one isn't a bug just a suggestion.   can we have a button a bit like the like button for devs to use on a now post to say they have seen the post and is looking into the bug so we know that you have seen it please. it would really help to let players know that you have seen a post or not and then we can ask or not for you to look at it. few times i've posted buggs and not known if you have seen them or not and can't send ticket in as it just tells you yo post on forum.

thanks. :) any comments about the bugs or more info others have about the same buggs just post below.

ps 6. toplist's have stopped working again, for xp anyway.

Edited by sdcrichy, 23 December 2014 - 08:49.

#2 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 December 2014 - 19:53

3. TR loot drops:    so since the fix the 2 handed items have started dropping now but still no throwing weapons drop there even though they are on the loot drop table. i here off Ana that no essence's are in the loot table but all other dungeons have essnece drops in them if we could maybe have some in tr? upto you on that one but throwing weapons fix would be good.

I've been running TR (story and dungeon) and I've gotten throwing weapons pretty often (got at least 4 of them last night) so I'm not sure if it's a bug. :3 

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#3 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 December 2014 - 21:00

bet you never got any throwing weapons from storymode boss chests, i've had the odd one from normal loot, and dungeon mode loot is ok just storymode.

#4 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:54

1. frost dragon:   when you need to kill it to go further in the quest it's not registering the kill. the other day i had to kill it 4-5 times before it advanced the quest and others are having the same problem.

for this part of the quest so others who maybe didn't see my reply in another post.

best way to get that quest is go right under the dragon's belly.  just let yourself die and don't res and wait till the dragon is dead.

you will get the quest and your reward even if dead.  you have to be close to him however even when I was close to him I still couldn't get the quest and when I decided to just stand right under him ( I pew pew'd a while before I even died but eventually did die, must be less dmg taken right under him lol.) and die and stay dead when he died I got both.  best and easiest way. ^_^

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#5 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:56

oh did they fix story mode TR now so we can run it?  I haven't tried it but been pre occupied mostly with event.  I was told not to bother till they fixed it, so they did fix it now?

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#6 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:02

yes you can run it and first boss is fixed so can complete it now just chest loot is bugged still i think.

#7 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:38

yes you can run it and first boss is fixed so can complete it now just chest loot is bugged still i think.

I thought it was more fun before they "fixed" it. The first boss was perfectly doable for my ranger at level 40 (didn't try other characters) though it did require a couple of healing pots to service the critters' reflect. Now it is pretty trivial.

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#8 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:44

4. laggy servers/dcing/ freezing:  ok this has been getting worse since the servers went back to just 3. when things happen to me they happen to some others at the same time, like the game will feeze for 10 seconds then be ok. most things that are happening are like before when we started steam, i'll be on mount going somewhere and i will suddenly start going really slow like the matrix. another thing i have noticed if i run and then cast a spell i jump backwards but the spell i cast is in the spot where i cast it which is strange. the mobs in BT do it, you wait for them to group together then cast tremor as tank and about 5 skellys jump backwards like michael jackson's moon walk. last thing with servers is the US and OC servers are really laggy to play on ( i'm from the UK so play EU server) the ping seems more than what it used to be before we went back to 3 servers.

Is this lag, or is it network latency?

I've mainly noticed this when I'm using Oceanus (and I'm playing in the UK), but Oceanus is consistently showing a ping > 300 ms when I log on, so I'd figured it was my choice to work with the 'lag'.

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#9 Kendiosa

Kendiosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 18:11

Thanks for posting this sd.

I agree with the lag. It has gotten worse recently, more recently than the server reduction I think. To start with it was fine when we went back to 3 servers but now I do get the lag events you describe. I'm also getting random dc's and occasional client closing (but I'm suspicious that is my laptop that has the issue).

As for tr, I have to say I am saddened at the over nerf. All it needed was to fix the over reflect by the uber-croc.

#10 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 January 2015 - 19:54

another bugg today in ta was fighting loads in TA at the same time so not sure waht happened, but i got hit but letal concotion i think as i had the green buff on while hp was going down but it didn't go and just had to die in the end. tried keeping myself alive for 5 minutes but it was still taking hp away even though nobody had attacked me all that time.

#11 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 20:11

lets not forget the evade bug, i went to farm fusion powder yesterday and a few of the creatures in the spot couldnt be hit, kept saying theyd evade my attack, on EU server today i heard it has happened there too supposedly by a bugged weapon effect messing up the creatures :-)

#12 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:36

bump

#13 Tom92

Tom92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:06

lets not forget the evade bug, i went to farm fusion powder yesterday and a few of the creatures in the spot couldnt be hit, kept saying theyd evade my attack, on EU server today i heard it has happened there too supposedly by a bugged weapon effect messing up the creatures :-)

This is caused by the flee on weapons.

#14 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2015 - 16:57

1. Looks like the valid range in the quest was unfortunately set too short for the Frost Dragon so ranger/mage/prophet players or players who were far away from the dragon when it died would have had trouble with this. It would be fixed now but definitely a bit late in the day to be of use.

2. The simultaneous death & kill wasn't really something the loot system expected, dead players were generally treated as invalid. We should be able to improve this.

3. There are definitely throwing weapons on both Story and Dungeon mode loot tables for TR, beyond that you're up against the RNG. There is an essence on one of the Dungeon mode loot tables though the dropped version would currently have been broken after recent changes.

4. The source of lag itself can be hard to pinpoint. However it has been noted that lag frequently has horrible compounding effects on movement resulting in snapping and rubber banding. I have tried to bring this issue to attention a few times.

5. I'll pass on the suggestion but really can't promise anything.

Yes, as Tom92 stated the Flee effect can cause that bug. This should be getting fixed in the next update.

#15 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 January 2015 - 20:49

number 3 the throwing weapons i meant to say they don't drop from the chest there just from the mobs, not had a look for a while but defo not in chests as i ran 5 alts in they all storymode for relics to get sets and not once did a throwing weapon drop from boss chests. 

number 5 might help a bit not sure what others think about it but it does get frustrating not knowing if a dev has seen a post and looking into it or not. :)

thanks for getting back to me though. much appreciated.

#16 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:48

hi cygnus about number 2 bug it just happened again and was thinking, i'm sure age's ago when this happened the chests dropped and you just went back in and opened them. unless that happens for the other boss's and the bugg just happens on the last one you will have to check it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: