• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 17:23

I think it is pretty annoying when vendors, especially farmers, walk out of range while we are trading, and thereby close down the interface. Can't you please fix this so that interfaces stay open no matter how far away the NPC walks?

Another example of this is Otto near the the eastern gate to Eldevin City. He is very conveniently located for selling stuff we collect outside of the gate, but unfortunately he walks around collecting planks, so If I am not careful to place myself near the center of his path, he walks too far away from me when I am in the middle of transfering items to sell, and the window closes down. It is extremely annoying.

#2 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:29

but that's part of the charm of this game. the npcs aren't static animation characters. they have lives and are busy doing their thing ;)

you get used to it. you just need to go up to them, click and it will open the window and won't close once you do. they will stop walking.  it's possible that your clicking them before your next to them maybe so the split second of doing that and the window opening gives them a chance to continue their animations?  idk but I got the hang of it after a shortness and don't have any issues with it. 

I wouldn't want them to change it so that the npc's that are doing things just stood there like statues.  we have enough of those in games and this one.   one of the funniest animations is Otto's temper making him go after players if they knock on his door or when they first encounter him if they keep clicking on him. 

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#3 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:26

I still say that the game is buggy when it closes down interfaces like that. It is not something I should get used to. It should not happen at all. It is poor design. The NPCs can walk around all they want, I am fine with that, but it should not have any influence on open interfaces.

Edited by Falbal, 02 February 2015 - 03:27.

#4 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:47

Hi,

Thanks for the report. I've improved this behaviour so they stop even if they are in mid patrol. If you happened to talk to them while they were already moving they would keep going and close your shop.

This should resolve the issue, it will be in the next update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: