• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:18

[ Legendary ]
Break down 450 items
0 / 450
Gain +625 Current Stamina

It seems like the reward for this legendary daily quest is a little small. For pretty much all the other daily quests I have gotten the rewards have more or less lined up to the actions required. Off the top of my head I think the legendary ones might be like walk 800 steps for 1,200 current stamina, kill 750 champions for 42 max stamina or other similar auctions. 

Breaking 450 items is already quite high, but if the reward is right I can see still trying to do it. If it was an auction slot or inventory space, I could see it. Reserve stamina for only 625 and it still wouldn't be worth that.

A player is going to spend more then 625 stamina trying to hunt creatures for 450 items they can break down. I don't know of any 100% item drop areas of breakable items, though that is a lack of knowledge on my part doesn't mean there isn't a place to do this. If you are talking about buying the items from the auction house then how much is expected to pay for 450 of them? On a good day there are some under 1,000 gold per item but that would be 450,000 gold give or take, plus hoping they would all sell for that and having the inventory space required to keep buying and breaking them down might be a bit much to expect. Still 450,000 gold would most likely be less then what you would get normally hunting creatures in the realms for 625 current stamina.

But the real problem seems to really be the reward. This is a legendary quest that gives 625 current stamina. When you put that against back pack spaces, auction house slots, and other legendary quests that give over 1,000 current stamina it just seems rather lackluster. I think reward wise that all legendary quests that give current stamina should give at least 1,000 current stamina. While that would still make it a debatable reward for this quest it would at least give more incentive to try all the legendary quests that pop up even if a player wouldn't normally titan hunt, pvp, or try the arena. 

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:42

I tend to agree here. The term "Legendary" implies that not only the task but the reward should be on a legendary scale.  For this particular quest, I would hunt either Mountain Path Darmovs Cave or Elya Plains Mouth, since those critters drop more often... Still their drop rates are infinitesimal for a breakdown quest of this magnitude with such a low return.

I do understand that the DQ was designed to boost activity and the rewards are supposed to be a secondary bonus, but such a tiny reward is a deterrent to activity rather than an incentive.

Many things could make this better, including but not limited to:

• The reroll.  I would be more than willing to spend a dot to try to get a better DQ
  • Multiple choice DQ's.  Most games I play with dailies of any kind have a list to choose from.  You get a tiny reward for each, if all are completed you get something special.
  • Making the reward more relative to the task if not in value, in relevance.  

​

In any case, the DQ system should probably have a revamp, especially if new players coming in via the app once it's finished are expected to stick around.  There are just way too many app games that offer not only more variety but better returns for the daily quest, and as an avid user of such games, I know that if I didn't know and love FS, I would probably uninstall it and move on to something better in minutes as it is now.....

Edited by BadPenny, 03 September 2019 - 02:42.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:51

Good luck getting the reward vs the effort changed - it's been suggested / tried several times.

The general reaction is, if you don't like the quest or the reward, don't do it

And, I think, for the most part, that's not too unreasonable but there are a lot that disagree with me on that point LOL

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:31

Not that unreasonable to you or I, but face it, we're addicted to this game, else we wouldn't be here every day.... A newer player won't be that patient.  FS doesn't have mind bending graphics or cool music, and I like it that way, but to the gamer that is used to that kind of experience, FS needs to be a cut above in other areas to keep them interested long enough to get addicted too.  The DQ, as well as improvements and fixing bugs and other issues such as those hotly discussed in other topics in this forum, are an excellent place to start....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2019 - 19:12

Not that unreasonable to you or I, but face it, we're addicted to this game, else we wouldn't be here every day.... A newer player won't be that patient.  FS doesn't have mind bending graphics or cool music, and I like it that way, but to the gamer that is used to that kind of experience, FS needs to be a cut above in other areas to keep them interested long enough to get addicted too.  The DQ, as well as improvements and fixing bugs and other issues such as those hotly discussed in other topics in this forum, are an excellent place to start....

Penny, I think you realise, just as well as the rest of us, that it's gonna take a whole heck of a lot of changes and updates and fixes to even START to revitalise the game ... and, other than the snails-pace app, no changes / fixes are being made (or they're taking FAR too long to implement).

I really hope that the cows are right about the app "saving" the game, but I'm very dubious that it will - and that we're witnessing the death-throws of the game, not unlike what happened in SS2.....

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2019 - 21:25

Just an FYI ... My DQ today LOL

Daily Quest

Common ]
Break down 210 items
0 / 210
Gain +260 Allegiance Tokens

Daily Quest
Common ]
Break down 210 items
210 / 210
Gain +260 Allegiance Tokens

Edited by Pardoux, 03 September 2019 - 21:43.

#7 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 03 September 2019 - 22:13

if you dont like the reward dont do it ,simple

5aZzW0p.png,

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 22:31

Said what MMO developer/company ever? I seriously doubt HCS actually thinks that.

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:52

Believe it or not there are gaming companies that are in tune with their player base, but they are far and few between.... There are probably hundreds that HCS surpasses by far, as they were back in the golden days

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:29

Believe it or not there are gaming companies that are in tune with their player base, but they are far and few between.... There are probably hundreds that HCS surpasses by far, as they were back in the golden days

I really hope that the cows are right about the app "saving" the game, but I'm very dubious that it will - and that we're witnessing the death-throws of the game, not unlike what happened in SS2.....

7e292686cb7177555979059ef45545ee--grief-

#11 ClerBear

ClerBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 22:58

Daily Quest

[ Rare ]

Defeat 250 Canine creatures

0 / 250

Gain +15 Max Stamina

Time Remaining:

1h 5m 35s  

Fix the freaking bugs or whatever you call them, I should have been able to do this one if only the counter, counted. Yes, I did all the things a person does to make sure the problem is the game, not me.

Edited by BigGrim, 09 September 2019 - 09:02.
No swearing.

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:29

I've NEVER had a problem with the "kill x of y" quests - sometimes creatures which may be "canine" (in your example), actually aren't.

There are some really silly examples throughout the levels - and I wish I'd actually made note of 'em :)

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:03

Fix the freaking bugs or whatever you call them, I should have been able to do this one if only the counter, counted.

Hi there.

The counter IS working corrwectly as has been explained time and again. And do not swear on the forums, thanks.

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: