#21 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:13

Not everyone has access to level 60 composing potions. Even then it's not 100%

Traveling composers are HCS approved contact one today. Probably half a dot or less.

#22 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:37

Not everyone has access to level 60 composing potions. Even then it's not 100%

Sure they do. They just gotta level it up, which EVERYONE can do.

That's by far the most ridiculous comment here. There are currently 0 for sale in the AH and they are extremely expensive. Did you think before you typed that?

Stay civil. Keep the insults outta the forum please.

Doesn't let them compete.

Also stops in-guild collusion.

~ Grim

#23 ikhaos

ikhaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 16:49

After being in the ladder for a few years off and on, 

I agree. Deflect should be disabled or at least watered down for ladder attacks. 

The number of 1st place wins I've lost because of consistent deflects are irritating and demoralizing. Especially prevalent with minimal targets in the band. I've stumbled across 10+ back to back deflects at times. The amount of resources wasted towards deflected attacks are in tens of millions at this point.

Maybe a PvP Ladder specific buff is in order -> Anti-Deflect++ ;)

Change would be nice but doubtful,

My recommendation, compose highest Anti-deflect you can and always run SB/SL.

#24 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:53

I agree. Deflect should be disabled or at least watered down for ladder attacks.

Nope. Deflect is used for protection while offline as well. Not even Ladder players stay on 24/7 to keep themselves buffed and ready for combat. Use Ant-Deflect. It's why it exoists.

~ Grim

#25 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 14:53

Someone should do a Myth Busters test on Deflect and Anti Deflect, to see if they actually kick in at the advertised rates

#26 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 August 2018 - 15:45

Someone should do a Myth Busters test on Deflect and Anti Deflect, to see if they actually kick in at the advertised rates

Somebody did when anti deflect was new.... but that was years ago and I don't even remember who it was....    or the final result.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#27 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:18

Let's say it works around the figure it says it does. But I think deflect has some formulas that trigger it that isn't stated.

Like when you are top ladder fully buffed and geared. Then goes offline. Deflect has a higher rate of getting triggered.

If you are at low rating in the ladder, just staying there to farm tokens , I doubt Deflect have even 3% Chance of kicking in lol .

Also I think deflect work less as it should in Gvgs. Well it is annoying enough in Gvg and I wouldn't really want it to work more than that but it's just a thought. It doesn't work as much as stated in Gvg.

Also deflect can have a higher activation rate when you are hunting and have high gold on you...

Though I don't have solid proof research about that. It's just a feeling I get when I PvP...

#28 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:22

And actually I don't think these stuff affecting Deflect would be bad as long as it makes a balance. TBH someone who spent way too much to buy buffs and stay atop of the ladder with worthy of Deflects protection specially before the reset kicks in.

The other who just wait until he assumes ladder is about to reset then starts attacking isn't as worthy as the one who defended the first spot for too long.

I just want to say that not everything in the game is 1+1=2 and shouldn't be. It's hard to reach the perfect equilibrium but I assume the PvP system that HCS is one of their best creations. They just don't know how valuable it is and not advertising it...

#29 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:28

The other who just wait until he assumes ladder is about to reset then starts attacking isn't as worthy as the one who defended the first spot for too long.

This, i do not believe to be true IMO. That is a valid strategy. Sure, you can endlessly buy/receive buffs and sit on top, or you can bide your time and plot a cunning sneak attack. Either is valid in my eyes. And Deflect is in a way a counter to such a strategy, even with anti-deflect.

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#30 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:43

This, i do not believe to be true IMO. That is a valid strategy. Sure, you can endlessly buy/receive buffs and sit on top, or you can bide your time and plot a cunning sneak attack. Either is valid in my eyes. And Deflect is in a way a counter to such a strategy, even with anti-deflect.

I am not sure about it ... I just felt it.. and it's not that you can't totally do such strategy, you can ofc. But Deflect will work more often and you LL have to get a high composed anti deflect or at least normal anti deflect for attack someone strictly before reset who has. Been defending the entire time.

Maybe the Cows should increase the buffs that works while defending only to make it that they wouldn't need deflect to work more often before rest(that's something I assume, I don't know if it's really true) also (defense only buffs LL makes us hard for us to antipate the out come of battles, but that's the thrill about it) ... In any case I find the cows PvP balance is close to equilibrium, a more diverse and strategy wise buffs like power transfer and increase in HP stats per set equiped would be greatly loved too xD.

Alot of players now dumping their attributes in HP. Why not give it some love after all we can always fix the percentage so that it shouldn't be that over powered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: