33 replies to this topic

#1 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:06

I'm asking for the ability to abandon a relic after 24 hours because nobody wants to get stuck with a relic they don't want. An added benefit to this ability would be increased relic captures since guilds would know they could abandon the relic the next day if they so desire.

Screenshot everything!

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:24

Hi there.

We've said no to this several times as it would be abusable.

~ Grim

#3 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:34

hmm, we have traveling composers...may be a market here for traveling relic hunters

#4 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:57

Hi there.

~ Grim

Can I ask how it would be abusable if it is on a 24 hour timer?

Screenshot everything!

#5 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:05

Can I ask how it would be abusable if it is on a 24 hour timer?

my guess, and its just a guess, would be that a guild could take take a relic from someone, then purposely drop it for another guild. But that can sort of be done now by leaving it defender-less :/

hmm, we have traveling composers...may be a market here for traveling relic hunters

the tricky thing with this, is how would you take other relics after hitting you limit XD

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#6 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:11

how would you take other relics after hitting you limit XD

1 - create a guild (it's free)

2 - get 2 random players to join

3 - create group

4 - take relic

5 - profit!

disband guild and create another

if a relic is unwanted, i'm sure it's undefended...an easy source of revenue for new players if they can reach it

Edited by duktayp, 28 August 2018 - 12:22.

#7 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 13:17

1 - create a guild (it's free)

2 - get 2 random players to join

3 - create group

4 - take relic

5 - profit!

disband guild and create another

if a relic is unwanted, i'm sure it's undefended...an easy source of revenue for new players if they can reach it

aye, but whats the guild creation cost? @A@

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#8 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 13:43

the 10(?) fsp cost to create a guild was waved many years ago

a group to capture needs 3 members minimum...i'm thinking 2 fsp per member

would it be worth 6 fsp to a guild to have someone capture their worthless relic?

#9 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 13:58

possibly, but eventually youll run out of relics that need taking XD

#10 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 14:30

The 24 hour time limit would only apply to abandoning a relic, not recapturing. Relics can be recaptured after 1 hour so if it is a contended relic it could be recaptured before the time limit allows you to abandon it. If it's that much of a concern, make the time limit before you can abandon it even longer, 2 days or more, although I don't think it should be longer than 7 days.

Screenshot everything!

#11 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:07

The 24 hour time limit would only apply to abandoning a relic, not recapturing. Relics can be recaptured after 1 hour so if it is a contended relic it could be recaptured before the time limit allows you to abandon it. If it's that much of a concern, make the time limit before you can abandon it even longer, 2 days or more, although I don't think it should be longer than 7 days.

I think this is a good suggestion. Adding a time limit prevents a guild from just capturing, abandoning, and then recapturing it.

How about making it 48 hours then it doubles each time after until "X" amount of weeks? So, after the first time abandoning the second time will be 96 hours and so on. After a certain time, like 2 weeks, it resets.

Another possible suggestion too would be to add a permission for capturing relics. That way members with that permission are the only ones that can capture a relic in a guild. 

Edited by Melons, 29 August 2018 - 02:08.

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:15

Hi there.

~ Grim

There is a way to implement this with A a money sink and B with cooldowns and protections...

If you abandon the relic you aren't eligible for the one hour protection if you had it in your guild possession within the last 48 hours. Also you can only get rid of 1 relic per 24 hours.

Edited by EpicPiety, 29 August 2018 - 02:21.

#13 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:33

It shouldn't be a day or two, probably more like a 1-2 weeks so you couldn't sit there and pick and drop relics every day or every other day. Or toss in a guild upgrade where you have to spend 100fsp or so to drop a relic or a complete relic reset of all relics you currently own and put you on timer til you can reclaim them so you can drop and claim the good stuff right away :)

Another possible suggestion too would be to add a permission for capturing relics. That way members with that permission are the only ones that can capture a relic in a guild. 

And this is something a lot of people would like, since there are several occasions where a player new to a guild will just see a relic and take it without asking. That would help a ton in regards to picking up random relics. And making this a privilege wouldn't affect taking and dropping relics so to Grims response would have no way of abusing relic control, it would just be an in-house regulation similar to GVG conflict control. 

#14 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:48

Hi there.

~ Grim

The last post about relic abandonment I didn't see a response from you or anyone from the office. Went further in forums but no luck. 

For people(like myself) who are unaware of what was said on old posts, can you explain to us how would this be "abusable"? just explaining this would give us a better understanding of what you're thinking, so we can give our input and ideas if you are willing to listen and consider them.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#15 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:48

The last post about relic abandonment I didn't see a response from you or anyone from the office. Went further in forums but no luck. 

For people(like myself) who are unaware of what was said on old posts, can you explain to us how would this be "abusable"? just explaining this would give us a better understanding of what you're thinking, so we can give our input and ideas if you are willing to listen and consider them.

I don't recall this ever being denied either, just ignored and now it seems this thread has been moved to the "Ignore and hope it goes away" list too.  I'm still waiting to hear exactly how this would be abusable, especially with the safeguards mentioned here.

On a totally unrelated note, if someone would like a very fine relic named Peddlers Fruit Stall, level 2806, we would be grateful to give it up any time but preferably sooner rather than later.....lol

Screenshot everything!

#16 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2018 - 15:25

I don't recall this ever being denied either, just ignored and now it seems this thread has been moved to the "Ignore and hope it goes away" list too. I'm still waiting to hear exactly how this would be abusable, especially with the safeguards mentioned here.
On a totally unrelated note, if someone would like a very fine relic named Peddlers Fruit Stall, level 2806, we would be grateful to give it up any time but preferably sooner rather than later.....lol

still waiting for a reply on my topic

Edited by Alisa, 04 September 2018 - 15:29.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#17 Veisti

Veisti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 19:15

Hi there.

~ Grim

If not that, then maybe buff the less wanted relics somehow to make those relics somewhat more desirable to have. Could be something as simple as lowering their empowering costs or adding some more stats to them.

#18 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:15

If not that, then maybe buff the less wanted relics somehow to make those relics somewhat more desirable to have. Could be something as simple as lowering their empowering costs or adding some more stats to them.

Or just go thru the relics and tweak the rubbish ones ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:46

Or just go thru the relics and tweak the rubbish ones ...

Which ones do you consider "rubbish"?

~ Grim

#20 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2018 - 13:39

BG, there is a relic, maybe new, armor rack, noone has yet taken it, this is a good example for a better reason, it has +2% armor and +20 reinforced armor, id recommend buffing any relic that is single stat and only has 1 or 2 enhancements, also grab a whole row of relics for 200 levels and buffing them even more so, like the ones that have all stats plus xp gain, doesnt need to be stam gain like the few rare ones tho a whole batch with +20 or +30 xp gain would add some fun and fighting :-)

edit: its not OP either as there are rare ones with +400 and +200 xp gain.

Edited by Undjuvion, 06 September 2018 - 13:40.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: