10 replies to this topic

#1 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 20:19

Ghello,

As tittle said: Many of the full geared people are having huge issues with getting enough fusion powder. For a tank like myself it's really hard to get enough fusion powder to fuse my gems. Thus i'm always needing a fuse service. I don't care letting a lvl 20 fuse my glims/defined ones but i'm getting to the point where i'm going Absolut/Supreme and radiant. And I don't think it's going to be economy breaking to make fusion powder unbound.

Post feedback and things i forgot about.

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

#2 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 20:56

I would not mind but would make easier to p2winners to make a PERFECT gem

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#3 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 22:40

Has been suggests before and i agreed back then. Agree now too.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#4 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2014 - 23:33

I still disagree with this.

Having fusion powder as a bound material makes players who wants to create gems go out and grind for it themselves.

What this will happen if this is kept how it is, is that higher tier gems will be worth much more due to the fact they take a substantial amount of fusion powder to create.

If fusion powder is unbound it will lower the price of gems, add to the pay2win aspect of the game allowing people to now purchase powder/gems at a cheaper rate.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#5 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:34

So if I use a fusion service with ep. A p2w player has no advantage? Only thing that changes is that the low lvls who do this now actually will be able to sell their fusion powder. 

Basically you'll need around 500-600hours of grinding for 1 perfect gem (max gear max dps and best grind spot) I play rather much but by the time you got the gold for it and gems we're talking about 1 year for 1 single perfect gem. (and this is the people that buy gems with ep and use fusion services) 

Also when people start fusing more and more gems gold will rise in vallue making gold be worth more than ep as people will need gold to gem up and I doubt there is generated enough daily to even keep up with the gold demand. This way unpaying players will be able to reach out in "Shop". And sooner or later only thing people use ep for is repair kits and cooldown changes.

But we're getting off topic.

I doubt making fusion unbound does anything except for making it more convenient. Also it's not that there is going to be a magical amount of new fusion generated like that. Or ye maybe it'll give some people who're now gathering and boring themself to death (to close the exp gap between quest lines) an extra incentive to grind.

And speaking as a tank I can assure you. Even tho i can grind my grinding time takes 2x more repair costs and 2x less benefits for 1h grinding compared to a warrior/ranger/mage. So either they change it so the tank has a better fusion receive dropchance in dungeons or make it possible to grind/trade fusion as a tank because atm. I got loads of gems w8ting to be fused just can't grind enough fusion to keep up with them.

Edited by Alphamale, 29 June 2014 - 01:37.

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

#6 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:58

personaly i would say

currently = you can use other people's fusion powder to fuse gems. but have to trust them. and the player has to have a lot of fusion powder before you'ld use them otherwise no point.  that = mid and high level players benifit from this while leaving the lower levels and some mid level's with fewer FP's just shit out of luck.

Making fusion powder unbound = we can still use other peoples FP's to fuse gems but now those low and mid level players with fewer fusion powders can sell them as we would obtain the powder not the service and that means everyone could benifit from it.

so my vote would be yes unbind them.

Edited by awollsd, 29 June 2014 - 02:01.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#7 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:57

Get rid of trust trades, mean the price for fusion powders will probably go up as well.  As Alpha said, just because they become unbound will not make the supply magically increase as well.  This way, it becomes more convenient for buyers, and sellers will have better reason to sell them.  

#8 Dasan

Dasan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:21

So either they change it so the tank has a better fusion receive dropchance in dungeons.

Lmao.

To topic. Fusion powder should be unbound imo. Im trading for it only with peoples that i know atm, cause its rly risky to give new people gems worth 1-2k ep just to fuse em.

#9 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:17

Basically you'll need around 500-600hours of grinding for 1 perfect gem (max gear max dps and best grind spot) I play rather much but by the time you got the gold for it and gems we're talking about 1 year for 1 single perfect gem. (and this is the people that buy gems with ep and use fusion services) 

Not a year dude X D like 4-6 months for 2 perfect gems if you try...which isn't all that long tbh.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#10 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2014 - 14:01

Make any gem a player fuses, bound. Then there would be no trust trading of powder.

If powder is meant to be bound, the trust trading of powder is actually an exploit.  :P

If it is not an exploit, then unbind it as it makes no sense as it is currently.

Need to make a decision, one way or the other. Bind fused gems (to stop the exploit) or unbind powder to get rid of the trust trading.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#11 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2014 - 14:03

Make any gem a player fuses, bound. Then there would be no trust trading of powder.

If powder is meant to be bound, the trust trading of powder is actually an exploit.  :P

If it is not an exploit, then unbind it as it makes no sense as it is currently.

Need to make a decision, one way or the other. Bind fused gems (to stop the exploit) or unbind powder to get rid of the trust trading.

BAM!

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: