Photo

Devs have forgotten Eldevin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#1 Negalda

Negalda

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 13:12

So I guess even though people are still paying for supporter, Eldevin is still being ignored? I've had a ticket open for 30 days regarding an abusive player. We get no valentines day update? I mean when the Devs put out the forums that we wouldn't get as much dev support as other games, we certainly didn't think that it mean we wouldn't get ANY dev support AT ALL. It just doesn't seem fair that so many people have spent their hard earned money on this game and literally get ZERO support from the makers. I get that not as many people play the game as they would like, but some of us DO actually play the game. Not only that, Eldevin has a very loyal fan base and some of us will continue to play no matter how terrible the lags are. No matter how terrible the bugs get. No matter how terrible the Dev support is. It just isn't fair. Wonder if/when the population of their other games drop, will they receive the same treatment as Eldevin players? 

#2 Legolis2

Legolis2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 14:17

Sigmastorm

Legolis_2 - Professional Respeccer lvl49

Suneky - Warsin lvl33

#3 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 14:43

Looks at calendar ......... o it is groundhog day again. 

#4 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 15:52

So I guess even though people are still paying for supporter, Eldevin is still being ignored? I've had a ticket open for 30 days regarding an abusive player. We get no valentines day update? I mean when the Devs put out the forums that we wouldn't get as much dev support as other games, we certainly didn't think that it mean we wouldn't get ANY dev support AT ALL. It just doesn't seem fair that so many people have spent their hard earned money on this game and literally get ZERO support from the makers. I get that not as many people play the game as they would like, but some of us DO actually play the game. Not only that, Eldevin has a very loyal fan base and some of us will continue to play no matter how terrible the lags are. No matter how terrible the bugs get. No matter how terrible the Dev support is. It just isn't fair. Wonder if/when the population of their other games drop, will they receive the same treatment as Eldevin players? 

I think you have answered your own questions;-

1. People are still paying (so why do anything if there is still an income)

2. We, as loyal fans, are still playing even with the lag, bugs, rubberbanding and kick in the face for long term players from changing xp update earlier this year (so why bother doing anything if we are staying anyway)

Don't worry about the ticket being open 30days. A large percentage of my tickets have taken over a month before a response. I have even had a few that were open for 250+ days just to be finally told nothing would be done about them and was closed.

The devs did say "we intend to continue to fully support the game" in the June 2016 development update. Unfortunately they didn't clarify what the term "full support" entailed.

I personally stopped hoping for fixes or updates, because all it seems to do is.

Get us all wound up saying the game is dying on the forum and the end is nigh.

Encourage the hcs staff to make a post (6months or so after we started ranting), saying lots but telling us nothing, about continued support and no time scale.

Then finaly bring out a poorly thought out update to make the game easier for new players so they start and pay cash from the beginning rather than encourage people already here to stay and reinstate their payments.

Edited by Steve1973, 15 February 2017 - 16:06.

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#5 Negalda

Negalda

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 15:56

I think you have answered your own questions;-

1. People are still paying (so why do anything if there is still an income)

2. We, as loyal fans, are still playing even with the lag, bugs, rubberbanding and kick in the face for long term players from changing xp update earlier this year (so why bother doing anything if we are staying anyway)

Don't worry about the ticket being open 30days. A large percentage of my tickets have taken over a month before a response. I have even had a few that were open for 250+ days just to be finally told nothing would be done about them and was closed.

The devs did say "we intend to continue to fully support the game" in the June 2016 development update. Unfortunately they didn't clarify what the term "full support" entailed.

Mostly I just want something, ANYTHING, to be done about the lag. My point is that since people are still paying to play, shouldn't they at least offer us basic maintenance? I would like to have the event. But regardless of whether or not they feel like doing the event, AT LEAST do ANYTHING about the lag. Even if it's just something minor. They have ignored us completely. It's not in the least bit okay.

#6 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 February 2017 - 16:27

We're aiming to release the Love Bites event later this week.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#7 Brenzlo Xate

Brenzlo Xate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 17:12

So far by "full support" I think it means

"We will still keep the game online for as long as it's worth the headache. Update it for as long as it's worth the headache. Fix stuff in it for as long as it's worth the headache and OFC answer tickets for as long as they're worth the headache."

Before people start saying I'm hating on HCS or anything, I wanna say that I completely understand this. They made it clear that the game didn't get enough following as they've wanted. That's just how it is. It's not just Eldevin that has suffered this kind of problem.

Does it justify not being able to answer simple tickets quickly, well in hindsight, nope . BUT for all we know, HCS only has 2-3 actual staff members left for real LOL and rest are just outsourced moderators/admin that don't have enough insight to answering tickets (meh). OR maybe it is as simple as blatant negligence. I don't know.

Too much factors are working against HCS at this point. From the lack of players to their struggle in putting out updates. It's pretty obvious that from HCS' perspective updating the game isn't worth the headache ATM, it's just 1 level but it's most likely a big thing since it has taken them quite long. This IMO isn't due to laziness but due to it not being worth the effort atm. They made it clear from that announcement.

Hmm, if it's taking this long to release 1 level which is to my understanding has been in the works alongside with the level 47 and 49 updates we got about 2 years ago. IF HCS manages to actually release the level 50 content, how long exactly is it going to take to release newer content after that?

2skye6m.png

#8 Negalda

Negalda

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 17:13

Okay great. And anything about the lag?

Okay great. And anything about the lag?

#9 malaggar

malaggar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 17:30

Posted in wrong thread ;-)

You've come to the edge of the map, Here be Dragons

#10 Brenzlo Xate

Brenzlo Xate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 17:34

So I guess even though people are still paying for supporter, Eldevin is still being ignored?

Not exactly ignored... Just being put at the back of the queue ;)

I've had a ticket open for 30 days regarding an abusive player.

Why wait 30 days, you can deal with it with just a click of a button. The ignore button. ;) Seriously though, only way for a player to abuse in Eldevin as far as I can tell is if you let him/her.

It just doesn't seem fair that so many people have spent their hard earned money on this game and literally get ZERO support from the makers. I get that not as many people play the game as they would like, but some of us DO actually play the game. Not only that, Eldevin has a very loyal fan base and some of us will continue to play no matter how terrible the lags are. No matter how terrible the bugs get. No matter how terrible the Dev support is. It just isn't fair.

That is totally true. Sadly however that seems to be a part of the formula to keep the game up that HCS is operating on ATM. I understand that people wanna continue to support the game. That's a good thing, but only up to the point where it gives you the satisfaction that's worth the money you put in it. Not sure if it's good to spend "hard earned money" on the game at its current state.

Wonder if/when the population of their other games drop, will they receive the same treatment as Eldevin players? 

Most likely, and maybe with some minor adjustments. And by that time, it's also most likely Eldevin would've been gone already LOL.

Edited by Brenzlo Xate, 15 February 2017 - 17:37.

2skye6m.png

#11 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 17:39

I understand that people wanna continue to support the game. That's a good thing, but only up to the point where it gives you the satisfaction that's worth the money you put in it. Not sure if it's good to spend "hard earned money" on the game at its current state.

:)

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#12 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 February 2017 - 20:25

does this mean all events will be late this year? 

some new content would be much appreciated..:)

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#13 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 February 2017 - 22:34

I've had a ticket open for 30 days regarding an abusive player.  

I've had one on payment issues that has had no response for 48 days. The issue has become irrelevant now, but that kind of says it all

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#14 RsShadow

RsShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:58

Support or not from the devs (although they are there just in hiding) I am a supporter for two years now and I'll continue to do so :) I guess I stay optimistic that some day some how we will hit the spotlight and Eldevin will and shall become the winner it is meant to be  :)

#15 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2017 - 16:15

Question is, are HCS in breach of trading standards or advertising standards? if so they could be looking at a very hefty fine to say the least, the game is/was advertised as level 50 content and was promised regular support and updates, many players may have purchased supporter on this promise therefore it's false advertising and a breach of statutory rights, now, i know this post is going to get deleted but i would highly advise HCS to address it in another way if the truth upsets them ;)

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#16 Kinfa1987

Kinfa1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 17:29

HCS Promote your game and maybe someone will come and play.....
You are bitching about not getting enough money from players, but on other hand you are not doing anything to

bring players in....

.... so what did you expect from good game with bad staff management ....

So go do some job and;

share Eldevin tro game sites,

make another Giveaway ...

( dont have to give loads of stuff, just give anything as thats how players found some games, tro Giveaways)

Make Eldevin load tro FB can attract a lot of players...

Make anything instead of doing NEW BAD GAMES !!!!

Edited by BigGrim, 16 February 2017 - 18:31.
No swearing, thanks.

#17 Kinfa1987

Kinfa1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 17:33

So many players Sharing, Tweeting, Twitching, Posting, making Wiki's .....   ( does your job)

And what you do  ???????

" NOTHING "

SUPORT US AND WE WILL SUPORT YOU BACK !!!!

Thats how things in this world go ....

... give something to get something .....

#18 Kinfa1987

Kinfa1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 17:59

lol on editing my post !!!!!

#19 Brenzlo Xate

Brenzlo Xate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 18:01

- Removed by admin -

Whew! Hahaha!!! That's one solid hit right there bud LOL!

Question is, are HCS in breach of trading standards or advertising standards? if so they could be looking at a very hefty fine to say the least, the game is/was advertised as level 50 content and was promised regular support and updates, many players may have purchased supporter on this promise therefore it's false advertising and a breach of statutory rights, now, i know this post is going to get deleted but i would highly advise HCS to address it in another way if the truth upsets them ;)

Damn Fiz bud, you might be onto something there. I have never read the terms for purchases on Eldevin so I don't know for sure but I've always wondered about that aspect given that there are still those who support the game and may not be getting what they were promised in their purchase.

2skye6m.png

#20 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2017 - 18:02

Just to confirm, the development update that Mojawk posted in June still applies:

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=74316

We are no longer dedicating a full development team to Eldevin. If we did, there would be no Eldevin at all in a very short time, and no other HCS games either. I know it's disappointing to our loyal players, and it's a disappointment to us as well. But we are a small team doing the best we can.

We have never made promises or advertised exactly when updates, including level 50, will come since we knew these things would depend on any number of factors. So Kezza, no, we have not broken any rules. The game features in the game right now are exactly what we advertise and claim. 

Some of responses to this thread have been edited because they were needlessly inflammatory. We don't mind criticism and feedback but as always, keep your conduct on the forums civil. Thank you.

Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: