• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zelena

Zelena

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:04

I was on the Advanced melee quest and went through the Eldevin sewers. I didn't expect the plagued minions to respawn while I was trying to kill Squamanta from afar so they started attacking me while I was killing the boss. I finished the boss off but then was still being attacked by the plagued minions and before I could fend off the attacks, I was killed. Because I killed the boss first and was killed by minion which followed me into the boss area before I could check for dropped items, I didn't get the Lost Sword of Othalo.

Because I couldn't check for a loot drop before I died, I don't know if it glitched or not then, but I've killed the Squamanta multiple times in multiple ways now and the sword hasn't dropped. I was able to talk to the blacksmith in Othalo as if the quest were advancing, but I didn't have the sword with me, it wasn't in my inventory and I can't finish the quest. The lizard beast is not dropping the sword no matter how many times I kill it (I thought maybe because it was a melee quest it wouldn't drop it because I killed it with a ranged attack, but it made no difference when I went back and killed it with all melee damage because it still won't drop its sword and I want to finish the quest).

Please help, if it will only drop the sword the first time you kill it, please fix the game so that it will drop it until you actually loot it for your first time: that would be a better design so that people like me who die directly after killing the boss will be able to make the boss drop the item again when they try again.

Thank you.

#2 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:19

Hi there, sorry you're having trouble.

There is  problem with this quest that we're aware of. It will be fixed in the next patch, but until then I've added the Lost Sword of Othalo to the character that seems to be on the quest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: