#1 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 14:14

668faac81e3eb0a18e95fcc2adb20623.png
As you can see by this picture, the lvl 45 dropped xbow is better than the lvl 45 crafted essence. it has slightly more base DPS and a WAY faster rate of fire. go and place a mage and ranger with these two items together only using basic attack, the ranger will win. 

#2 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 14:16

I forgot to mention all ranger skills are insta-cast. Mages primary skill has a 1 sec cast 

#3 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 July 2014 - 14:26

I'll start off by saying this.....that bow is insane for being a bound heroic drop. BUT it is needed yes,i realized this a long while ago,but it doesn't need a nerf at all! rather the essence being crafted needs a buff as its barely even more beneficial over the rare dropped if it is beneficial at all(haste loss). The essence needs a buff. staff is fine atm. fabled is fine atm,rest can be balanced out within the mage tree itself which i feel will be rather soon.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#4 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 14:29

Yes, the ess really needs a buff. For something that you have to get rems and flakes for it should be noticeably better than something a ranger can get as a drop on a run

#5 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 17:33

What's the point of this?  Classes don't need identical weapons, it needs a balance in overall, not just auto attacks.  And while both ranger and mage are range dps, they have completely different playstyles.  It's like comparing a dog to an orange.  

Or are you saying mages need to have exact same dps weapon as ranger, exact same damage auto attacks, with exact same cast time spells... why not just play ranger?

Sure mages need a boost overall, but don't just look at a single aspect (weapon only, or whatever) and look at the class as a whole.  

#6 Tankh

Tankh

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 23:23

There are no essence-required skills anyways. Mages are skill dps rather than weapon dps if you get what I mean. If that essence had +45 sorcery....That would be a totally different story.
I am a million steps ahead, people don't understand and want me dead. I know true knowledge making me bright, eventually people see that I was right. - Tankh. ;D

#7 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 July 2014 - 23:38

What's the point of this?  Classes don't need identical weapons, it needs a balance in overall, not just auto attacks.  And while both ranger and mage are range dps, they have completely different playstyles.  It's like comparing a dog to an orange.  

Or are you saying mages need to have exact same dps weapon as ranger, exact same damage auto attacks, with exact same cast time spells... why not just play ranger?

Sure mages need a boost overall, but don't just look at a single aspect (weapon only, or whatever) and look at the class as a whole.  

I think what he means is...mages are supposed to have much higher dps... and % based attacks...so yes this weapon feeds into that. As mages are SUPPOSED to be slow but very high damaging. Also as I stated above the mage tree is what needs the focus to balance it out. 

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#8 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 00:45

I think what he means is...mages are supposed to have much higher dps... and % based attacks...so yes this weapon feeds into that. As mages are SUPPOSED to be slow but very high damaging. Also as I stated above the mage tree is what needs the focus to balance it out. 

Exactly. Mages aren't supposed to be as weak as they are. And as far as the essence, why should something you invest a lot more time and money getting (gathering materials) and it be weaker than something another class can get in a couple of runs?

#9 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:27

Thanks for reporting this will investigate the issue here.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#10 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:39

Thanks for reporting this will investigate the issue here.

The bow doesn't need a nerf,the ess just needs a slight buff. 

take things into consideration like...
1)they have a craftable normal bow that's 45 and its horrible and cant use it effectively
2)the cb is bound so they do have to do extra runs to obtain it as it is bound on pick up
3)the essence just needs a slight buff to make it more lightly effective as it requires a lot more to obtain.
4)I agree the ess needs to have better stats then the cb though.

Edited by HuMoR, 15 July 2014 - 12:00.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#11 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:01

How about this? A major buff for the assassin class because they aren't OP enough.  Seems like every balance issue leads to a buff for them...  Torture anyone?  Once that's in play, a little buff on the mage essence won't matter.  Assassins will be even more unstoppable.  Want to be hardcore? Respec to assassin, lol.

8TLwd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: