Photo

Development Update January 2015!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#41 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:03

fixed that for you...

No no no!

It's Eldevancians! From the country called Eldevanc of which I am going to be the ruler!

You see, LegendVonAnger and I got to the prince at the same time and the prince announced that I would be his successor and that the country would henceforth be called Eldevanc! B)

LegendVonAnger is just a false pretender to the throne and his claim that it should be called Eldevon is equally false! :angry:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#42 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:07

Let me highlight something here just so that it is perfectly clear before it is released...

"We're also looking at greatly improving our open-world PvP zone by adding a second island that significantly larger than Trapper's Atoll."

"open-world PvP zone"

"PvP"

Note that it does not say "open-world lets sit around a campfire and have a sing song zone". It will be a brutal and chaotic area not intended for the faint of heart.

You have no excuse.

Sure.

But let's not fill that island with gathering nodes then. Makes no sense to have blueberry bushes and grape trees in the middle of a big melee fight while fireballs are scorching the earth. ;)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#43 Massmo

Massmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:48

This sound like a lot of work for the development team and bringing in cross server functionality will mean auction houses would be a step closer to reality. 

I think Hunted cow are doing an excellent job, the new pvp map will please pvp'ers (hopefully) and those who want something new to do will have darrowvale and with the updates new crafting recipes it sounds like there might be more for 47's to do than most people are giving HCS credit for.

I do have a small request if it's possible and it's only a request but when guilds do come in can we have a tag on our names in chat that says what guild we're in eg:

massmo [ecgatheringcorp] :  

Something along those kind of lines maybe so people know we're in a guild and don't try to poach players accidentally from other guilds. If that's not possible or easy to do then fair enough it was just a suggestion.

But all in all thank you cowboy and the rest of the development team, the new updates sound really cool and I can't wait for them :)

Massmo, MassTwo, Anon_e_mass, Healer_Mass, Mass_Car_Pony, Ranger_Mass, Kriss_Mass,  TiraMASSu, Friesian_ninja, FriesianPriest, _Alan_, Call_me_al, Al_be_back, HongKong_mooey, affew_bob, MassmoReloaded

I got more 49'ers than San Francisco   :P

#44 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 16:10

I didn't know it's even possible to tank on a ranger in this game, so that was dungeon mode?  interesting.  are you pure ranger or hybrid and if hybrid what is your hybrid? curious I be. :)

Nah the tank build was templar/ranger hybrid, basically a less tanky, more dps tank

Cant be a "real" tank in this game without at least 22 points in templar for the longer duration taunt, since some bosses will switch targets even if you do high threat, if you do not have taunt on it up all the time

#45 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 January 2015 - 23:16

Yes yes yes!

It's Eldevonicans! I'm so sorry sire!

I forgive you....just this once.

But now that I think about the level 47 cap, I rather wait a bit longer to grind to level 50 then play to rush to level 47.....2 level is not enough in my opinion.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#46 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:11

I loved healing alts ranger tank was fun and challenging cried when it was retired

#47 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2015 - 13:35

I loved healing alts ranger tank was fun and challenging cried when it was retired

say what o-o

where is this build >_>

#48 Sharky

Sharky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 13:25

u should make good prices in pvp so ppl will have some appetite for it. thats all :D

#49 Marvonen

Marvonen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:19

any date when this all new stuff and lvl cap increase will be added in game?

#50 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2015 - 13:20

any date when this all new stuff and lvl cap increase will be added in game?

Few months from now if it don't happen, blame L3fty and dem :P

#51 hero

hero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:46

where are you guys, you have not shown up on the forums for several days and not updated us on the development  besides what you did earlier this month. So what is going on, I thought you said you want to get things out at a more steady peace?

Edited by hero, 31 January 2015 - 11:47.

#52 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:53

They mention in the post that their schedule is being based on last year's, If I read that right. And level 45 content didn't come out till February last year.

So it sounds like they might be doing the same again as mentioned.

Edited by Spirit, 31 January 2015 - 11:55.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#53 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:17

where are you guys, you have not shown up on the forums for several days and not updated us on the development  besides what you did earlier this month. So what is going on, I thought you said you want to get things out at a more steady peace?

https://forums.hunte...d-game-content/

https://forums.hunte...-46-50-content/

answers your question?

Edited by Endarken, 02 February 2015 - 04:18.

#54 MaxedCash

MaxedCash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:48

@Cowboy any chance there will be any way that pvp will be profitble in the future? Like other than just looting random tokens from kills or mats like actually really profit from pking? Maybe there is a zone where u lose ur gear on death and its lootable, maybe you could place wagers on a 1v1 fight in some type of arena, or maybe have some kind of ranked system and you win prizes for coming in the top rankings each week? Just a suggestion I love pvp no matter what but it would definitely be more exciting and enjoyable if there was some profit and more risk involved :)

#55 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:41

Hey all, we're certainly still hard at work on everything posted in my last blog, as well as a number of other game improvements and we'll be deploying game updates as soon as features and content are ready!

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#56 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2015 - 19:12

Would still be nice to have say a weekly update thread so we know how you guys are going. Even if it just says "same as last week". Doesn't have to be a novel.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#57 LeRenard

LeRenard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:39

- Level 47 why not 50 ??? peoples will get to 47 in 2 days

- AUCTION HOUSE is URGENT

First game i play in over 17 years ( i beta test UO ) that ther's no way to sell to others players other then Shout or spam Chat Why ??

- When everyone pull together to kill the giant troll near town WHY only the first one who hit as reward ??cant you make everyone get a little something like in GuilWar 2 Will it kill you to make everyone Happy we all help for the kill ??? or at least make a roll window open so everyone that as a hit can roll for items

- And talking about The giant troll spam Can we get more of those happening all over in diff zone its funh to see everyone helping to do a kill

- ok thats it for now I LOVE the game for me its a return to the source UO but in 3D If only i could do someting with the 1000 of items i craft others then selling to vendor for cheaper then it cost me to make

B)

#58 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 February 2015 - 14:15

- Level 47 why not 50 ??? peoples will get to 47 in 2 days

I wanted to be 50 as well; part of it is to maintain players but apart of me wants the whole 46-50 content.

Like you said indirectly: the level 47 content will go by fast.

#59 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 February 2015 - 16:04

I wanted to be 50 as well; part of it is to maintain players but apart of me wants the whole 46-50 content.

I know the feeling.  I want to see where the story is going already.  It could be the next two levels are so involved (and require a sharp increase in XP) that all will be OK.

Otherwise, I really hope they are not planning to drag this out another year+.  Is this really the new trend, to drag stories out as long as possible?  'Hunger Games', 'The Hobbit', now 'Eldevin' :)

(I understand it's a matter of what is ready.  Better two levels now and three later, then waiting until all five are ready to go.  But it was a great excuse to post the above video :). )

Edited by Irradiated, 03 February 2015 - 16:16.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#60 Thuum

Thuum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 23:15

Happy there's an update announcement.  And those things all sound good.  Kinda disappointed auction house or some kind of shop is not on the list though, especially with more people playing from the Steam release.  But with the cross server functionality, can't help but think that the ah/shop system might also be closer to being developed, as with the guilds.

If ah/shops are not a priority, I can live with the chat trading system, but would really like an upgrade to the system.  Seperate trade channels, more customizable private chat channels, customizable text to make stuff easier to read (scrolling through everyone using the same font and color is just dizzying, especially if many are talking at the same time), and linking of items in chat.  

Will the nameplates system also work on our characters themselves?  Like I mean, a title system, based on achievements unlocked.  Like for example, "Player Betrayer" Ben, or something.  

There are private chats, hit F6 on your keyboard or Fn F6 if you are on a laptop and then name your chat then tell peeps to join, it's really easy and fun.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: