Posted 14 November 2014 - 00:32

This one is a no brainer. Of course +1

#22 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:17

Most of the time I would be highly in favor of this suggestion as it stands.  I also agree with Ernzor that I'd prefer to see the current char online first and the main name second, e.g., Kainn (Raziel).

This thread has gotten overwhelming support from what I can see.  But I want to point out certain situations where the suggestions in this thread might work adversely.

Privacy:  One thing people like is that friend's have to be "accepted."  This would certainly lead to much greater privacy from non-friends.  But it would lead to much less privacy from actual friends.  While I advertise some of my alts, I have others that are less known or perhaps not known at all.  While an inquiring person could use top lists to see they are me, I don't talk much with them and I basically move around undetected.  Sometimes we all want to just have some quiet time, even from friends.  For people to always know when I'm online and who all my characters are seems a little unsavory.

Friends List Limit:  At the front end, this would save a lot of space.  If I have one friend who has a main and three alts on my current friend's list, I'd save three spaces as these four characters would become one friend (assuming it works like that).  However, on the back end I'd lose a lot of space.  I often help new players and tell them to add me to their friend's list in case they have questions or need help - but I don't often add them back.  If I suddenly had to add all these newbies back, I would lose a lot of space or they would lose the ability to contact me (if I rejected adding them).

Mixed Friends:  A third issue that arises is a mix between the first two categories.  I help a new player with my main and have him add my main to ask questions or help.  When I log on my main, I understand that the chances of being getting a PM with a question or requesting assistance are much greater.  Its unsettling to think that this offer of help to newbies would suddenly extend to any character I am on.  If I'm just trying to have some fun leveling up a newer character, I don't want to get bugged by the same newbie I offered help to from my main.

Possible Solutions

I do still like the heart of the original post.  But I think that there should be additional things added if it is implemented.

Quiet Mode:  Similar to do-not-disturb mode but it also applies to friends.

Hidden Alts:  Allows you to designate alts as hidden, so when you are on them you won't show up on people's friends list, even if you are friends with them.  It would also be nice if this prevented a character from being searched in top lists.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#23 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:55

A blanket dnd that covers friends too is actually what I was asking for when I suggested the privacy options, before they added dnd. This would instantly give you complete privacy when you wan't to play in peace. It was actually a "login anonymous" mode that I wanted, so no one would even see you are logged in.

Don't accept friend requests from players, that do not have the common sense to leave you in peace when you tell them you are busy. Also if you remove a friend from your list, it would also remove you from their list even after you have accepted the friend request. This would allow people to adjust who sees them online, at any point in the future.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#24 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 22:52

I think it would be nice if you could add a note on someones name when you ignore them, so you can remember why or make it that you can set your own name headers to add people too.

Example:

Vm8FHOP.gif

I played a game where you could make notes when put on a block list.  remember one of mine was 'crazypychobish' lol, yah I'll keep that story to myself though :P

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#25 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 22:54

But this would block people from whispering u when they are in need of something. Am I right?

People wouldnt be able to ask for help or so.

yes, if someone is put on a block/ignore list that's kind of the point.  they can't pm you and in some games they can't talk to you in normal chat, well it works like you cant' see what they say in normal chat so they won't get replies from you if they say something.   but I don't believe anyone is suggesting to have that particular feature here.

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#26 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:41

This been added yet?  :P

#27 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2014 - 18:58

No :(

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#28 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2014 - 19:19

When is this coming... Cows I want a reply on when this crucial measure will be implemented!!!!

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

https://forums.hunte...e-shop-startup/

#29 Simeonus

Simeonus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Poland

Posted 05 December 2014 - 22:56

Add it ;c

#30 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 23:08

I was on my lil alt the other night and was on /dnd which as far as i know prevents anyone that isn't on my friends list from whispering me but they did, however I was in mid log off so saw it as I was logging off.    I don't think it was a friend's alt though I can't be sure however I know it's a name not on my friends list so thinking if you don't have all your friend's alts on there when they are on them it still would work the /dnd.

is this a bug or am i missing how this /dnd works?  just wondering.

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#31 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2014 - 23:45

It says in the update (https://www.eldevin....-The-Last-Stand)

Added a do not disturb chat command "/dnd", while in this mode you do not receive group invites or whispers and you are removed from /who /where /inspect

So I'm not sure since I thought that /dnd makes it so even people on your friends list aren't allowed to whisper you? :3

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#32 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 00:01

It says in the update (https://www.eldevin....-The-Last-Stand)

So I'm not sure since I thought that /dnd makes it so even people on your friends list aren't allowed to whisper you? :3

no if they are on your friends list they can pm you but you still wont show for them as to /inspect, /who/where...also they can't invite you to group.  if they have you on their friends list but you don't have them on yours then they can't whisper/pm you.  

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#33 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Sweden

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:20

Hidden Alts:  Allows you to designate alts as hidden, so when you are on them you won't show up on people's friends list, even if you are friends with them.  It would also be nice if this prevented a character from being searched in top lists.

+1 

#34 ultramus

ultramus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 15:34

This would be great :)

#35 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:01

one more *bump* to this topic

...me likes friend list updates as well as hiding alts connection ideas

(it would be fun to have alts in different guilds and spy there for main :D  )

style5,Majjer.png

#36 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2015 - 18:23

Added yet?  :D  :P

#37 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 05 February 2015 - 21:45

Yes, yes it is. Now come back mr mongo...

:ph34r:

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#38 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2015 - 13:34

Yes, yes it is. Now come back mr mongo...

:ph34r:

Are you telling me porky pies ernzy?  :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: