2 replies to this topic

#1 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:23

1.  Background as I understand it.

The information for computing the stat bonus gained by hell forging as indicated on the page where you do hell forging and the information on the FS wiki appears to be in error.

Per hell forge page, you receive 5,5,5,10,25 points divided amongst the stats.  You receive an additional number of points =integer(minimum user level to use the item divided by 50, so at level 100, you will receive 7,7,7,12,27 points.

From the FS wiki the number of points received is modified during assignment to the item stats.  The points received for the level are divided amongst the stats applicable for that item.  If the number of points does not divide evenly, the 1st, 3rd, and 4th forging round up for each stat and round down for the 2nd and 5th forging.

2.  I have a Acheron's Deadly Ward.  The item is crafted to Perfect.  The shield has 2 stats, attack and damage.  Both the FS Wiki and UFSG indicate the stats at perfect crafting for are 970 for attack and 1040 for damage.  The shield is level 850 giving an additional 17 points per forging level giving 22, 22, 22, 27, and 42 or 135 points total.  This should result in 11, 11, 11, 14, and 21 points assigned to each stat, so 68 point to each stat.

When I hover over the shield, I the stat listed are attack = 1071 and damage = 1141.  That is a total of 202 points from forging not 135 the information indicates should be .

3.  What am I doing wrong?  Has the formula for points received per forging changed and the hell forge screen and the FS wiki just not been updated?

I am wearing the shield.  Anyone wanting to help can see the item to see what I am seeing.

Edited by NatalieEGH, 06 January 2016 - 01:29.

#2 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 19:18

There were changes. The Hell Forge link in game tells you the correct stat bonus. 

The wiki is incorrect in many aspects as is probably normal with anything kept "up-to-date" by players.

There are some Guides implemented into the "system" now (under Resources). I'm not sure if one of the gear calculators has been updated for that. Perhaps somebody that knows better can say. 

Hellforging might be interesting for a new guide. 

#3 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 15:51

https://forums.hunte...hl=hell forging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana