• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 kokorog

kokorog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:34

From the Reserve Stamina page: "Sometimes the game will experience downtime, or we may just be feeling generous! In such a situation, we will credit your character with 'reserve stamina' which can be used whenever you wish and will never expire."

As HCS declared, this was not a "burst of generosity" that brought about this last reserve stamina distribution. But rather HCS being true to their own pledge, to compensate their customers for 'denial of service' due to some technical issues. Do they have to do so? Well, if they say they will, they should.    

But this was not the issue. Rather the question was if the manner in which it was done is indeed the best way to do it ?

This is a legitimate question I think, and it does call for some discussion, and maybe even better ideas on how to do it.

In the far past, there were much more cases of 'down time' than we have today. Back then, as far as I recall,  the reserve stamina was given on an equal ground. At some point that changed. Why ? I do not know. Maybe for a good reason, and maybe just because. Still, it does deserve some attention since this method is, to my opinion, not good enough. 

Does HCS have to accept my opinion or that of anyone else ? Obviously they don't.  But if during a serious discussion a better idea pops up, they might embrace it, and hence the game just got better. 

This is, to my opinion, the main purpose of this forum. It was not meant for people that just kiss up to HCS no matter what, but it is a place where people raise issues that need to be fixed, or at least get some attention, in favor of improving this game. 

By that I don't mean that HCS do not deserve a 'thank you' or a good word, as they surely do,  but rather that if a person raise a legitimate issue here, he should not get a bunch of irrelevant reactions just because it is not all praises to HCS.

Thanks for reading.

#22 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:04

I think the cows did a great job of allocating reserve stam.  A fixed amount to every player may seem "fair" to some but that means lower stam banks get a higher percentage of their stam than players who have upgraded their max stam.  5,000 stam to someone with an max of 2,000 just got 2.5 times their max stam in reserve while another player with 25,000 max only got 20% of their max from that same 5,000.  Allocating a multiplier of your stam gain benefits everyone as equally as possible.  Yes, it's unfortunate a player or two wasn't wearing their epics instead of regular gear but the cows made the best of a bad situation.  If they had given notice of what they were going to do somebody would have complained they didn't get more notice.  I'm not shy about calling out the cows for their mistakes but in this instance, they hit a home run.  Well done to all involved.

Screenshot everything!

#23 kokorog

kokorog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 22:08

Well, I agree with you that Max Stam is a much more reasonable scale than stam gain at a particular moment.

Maybe this is the way to go.

#24 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:47

Well, I agree with you that Max Stam is a much more reasonable scale than stam gain at a particular moment.

Maybe this is the way to go.

think you have read that wrong ,Koko was all for the stam gain  as am i 

yes some people didnt have epics on ,myself included ,but hell im not complaing free stam is free stam 

as for using max stam as a guide well thats just insane ,think about it for a while and you should come to the same conclusion

5aZzW0p.png,

#25 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:05

Reserve Stam is, and always has been, allocated by each players Stam Gain over the amount of time we deem fit. That is not going to change. Sorry.

~ Grim

#26 Tracy44187

Tracy44187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:04

BigGrim, thank you all for being awesome.

Edited by Tracy44187, 24 January 2019 - 03:05.

One with the light that brightens the day of each individual so that he himself will have a good day.  

#27 kokorog

kokorog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:26

Well, according to BG reserve stam was always allocated based on individual stam gain.

Since I'm sure that must have been the case, I stand corrected.

Yet reflecting on why I was mistaken, I remember that back than there were almost no stam gain items at all. The 'hottest' thing around was the Gurgriss set that gave +1 to stam gain and the Writhing Ward was still to come.

Indeed in those days it was almost entirely about stam gain upgrades, and the equip meant no more than few percents at most.  The equip today, on the other hand, stands for up to 40% of stam gain, which is bout tenfold. That probably was the source of my wrong impression.

Anyway, since BG practically said the last word in the matter, this post just serves to correct my mistake in the previous one.

Thanks.

#28 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:30

note to self:

next time game comes back after an outage, switch to epics ASAP

#29 Ammix

Ammix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 18:26

I guess that this "process of allocating" is a long and exhausting process for Hunted Cow team... It past a week from that tremendous announce and I'm still waiting my reserve stamina... probably I'm not part of "all players" like the anounce said... Anyway... it's a realy great game... I like it very much with and without this little issues... :)...  :)  :)  :)

#30 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 January 2019 - 21:09

From the Reserve Stamina page: "Sometimes the game will experience downtime, or we may just be feeling generous! In such a situation, we will credit your character with 'reserve stamina' which can be used whenever you wish and will never expire."

As HCS declared, this was not a "burst of generosity" that brought about this last reserve stamina distribution. But rather HCS being true to their own pledge, to compensate their customers for 'denial of service' due to some technical issues. Do they have to do so? Well, if they say they will, they should.    

But this was not the issue. Rather the question was if the manner in which it was done is indeed the best way to do it ?

This is a legitimate question I think, and it does call for some discussion, and maybe even better ideas on how to do it.

In the far past, there were much more cases of 'down time' than we have today. Back then, as far as I recall,  the reserve stamina was given on an equal ground. At some point that changed. Why ? I do not know. Maybe for a good reason, and maybe just because. Still, it does deserve some attention since this method is, to my opinion, not good enough. 

Does HCS have to accept my opinion or that of anyone else ? Obviously they don't.  But if during a serious discussion a better idea pops up, they might embrace it, and hence the game just got better. 

This is, to my opinion, the main purpose of this forum. It was not meant for people that just kiss up to HCS no matter what, but it is a place where people raise issues that need to be fixed, or at least get some attention, in favor of improving this game. 

By that I don't mean that HCS do not deserve a 'thank you' or a good word, as they surely do,  but rather that if a person raise a legitimate issue here, he should not get a bunch of irrelevant reactions just because it is not all praises to HCS.

Thanks for reading.

The reserves were allocated by the same criteria as they have been for ages, "x" time times each players individual hourly gain.  Obviously those of us that sleep in our epics got a bit more than those that don't, and those of us with maxed gain upgrades more than those without.  It may seem unfair, but it's currently the best way to do it.  

Thanks Hoof and the gang for keeping this particular system available.   

Edited by BadPenny, 28 January 2019 - 18:33.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#31 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:37

I guess that this "process of allocating" is a long and exhausting process for Hunted Cow team... It past a week from that tremendous announce and I'm still waiting my reserve stamina... probably I'm not part of "all players" like the anounce said... Anyway... it's a realy great game... I like it very much with and without this little issues... smile.png...  smile.png  smile.png  smile.png

Please contact Support. We'll sort you out there.

~ Grim

#32 Ammix

Ammix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 17:46

Thank you, Grim... the issue is solved... :)

#33 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 January 2019 - 17:47

Yer welcome. :)

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users