50 replies to this topic

#41 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 12:55

I'd prefer fewer XP buffs and more PVP buffs that steal more XP when hitting.

a little off topic, but still about updates
Personally, I'd like to see the 28day protection upgrade removed and a cool down period when you can use the 7day protection after it expires. Certain people I know are going to give me the "but players will quit and blah blah blah" speech. Okay, toughen up. We get two 2x XP per year, but in my opinion, it should only be once.

In some ways, I think this upgrade is killing BB because "PvPers" can't hit players with protection active to complete their DQ. After all, you won't get a count unless they lose XP. Some people simply want to smash for the sake of amusement.

PvP Will be dead so long as levels are cheap. It costs way more stamina to remove levels (Not to mention tons of more effort) through PvP than to relevel hunting. The level formula needs a correction at least at EoC forward since the XP Buff power creep. The game would be much more fulfilling/competitive if leveling was a little bit more challenging and maintaining EoC took more effort.

This warrants an entirely different thread though in my opinion as it's worth exploring. It only costs an EOC about 30-40k stamina and 1-2 hours of effort a year to maintain EoC. Doesn't sound very challenging at all. This also causes problems with distribution of player base throughout other leveling ranges (Everyone just sits in EoC bracket when other ranges suffer because its so easy to maintain EoC).

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 April 2022 - 12:59.

#42 etrigan778

etrigan778

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 13:58

I really like the idea behind Death Dealer, it's the only buff that takes your Kill Streak into consideration, if we had a Death Dealer that buffed other or multiple stats it could be useful for SE/Titan hunting (sometimes)...A Death Dealer that increased your XP Gain would be interesting to see, how people would work out the math of having that extra XP Gain against doing a suicide hunt...But I don't think any other XP Gain buff is needed.

This is a cool idea; I'm surprised it hasn't been thought of before.  Agree that more XP gain probably isn't needed, but boosting other stats would be unique.  Unique in the sense that it's tied to a killsteak for PVE.  Again, I guess anyone could argue that PVE is braindead enough and there's no real need, but hey, it's something that has some value somewhere (unlike assist lol).

#43 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 14:07

This is a cool idea; I'm surprised it hasn't been thought of before.  Agree that more XP gain probably isn't needed, but boosting other stats would be unique.  Unique in the sense that it's tied to a killsteak for PVE.  Again, I guess anyone could argue that PVE is braindead enough and there's no real need, but hey, it's something that has some value somewhere (unlike assist lol).

I like the idea of kill streak benefits, however like you said we would need more challenging content. 

Right now a killstreak is actually detrimental to progress. If you have a killstreak, it means a. you are hunting for gold or b. you are hunting for XP incorrectly.

With that said I'm usually against caking on things that are unneeded and power creep without any sort of reaction on more challenging creature creation... I say bring it on if they can create a scenario where it's needed.

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 April 2022 - 14:08.

#44 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2022 - 14:55

EP stop being so right, its sickening, not even gonna like your last two posts cos it wouldnt be doing enough justice, that is all.

#45 Onifighter

Onifighter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 22:58

I have to say that the Daily Quest reroll is very welcome. But I would like to know if there will be any rules about DQ's rarity or requirement. For example: my DQ requirement is breakdown items, If I reroll is there a chance it will be a breakdown DQ again or the new DQ will it necessarily have a different requirement (kill creatures/travel tiles)? If I have Common DQ, when reroll can the new DQ be Rare or Legendary or will it remain at the same rarity?

Speaking of DQ, I think it needs to be revised. In my opinion, the idea of DQ is to encourage the player to log in every day and play different aspects of the game.There are some DQs that are practically impossible to complete, like killing creatures of certain classifications for low level players or PvP DQs for high level players. There are also other Daily Quests with requirements and rewards that aren't worth the effort, such as Break down 80 items for +130 Current Stamina reward or Inventing dozens of items for low current Stamina.

Well, but that's a topic for another time. The reroll will help in these situations. :)

#46 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2022 - 09:47

I personally don't see a need for a DQ reroll at all , but i'm hoping (given that they're implementing one) that it will be purely random - so, you "could" get one that's exactly the same, or you could get one vastly different...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#47 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 April 2022 - 09:55

I have to say that the Daily Quest reroll is very welcome. But I would like to know if there will be any rules about DQ's rarity or requirement. For example: my DQ requirement is breakdown items, If I reroll is there a chance it will be a breakdown DQ again or the new DQ will it necessarily have a different requirement (kill creatures/travel tiles)? If I have Common DQ, when reroll can the new DQ be Rare or Legendary or will it remain at the same rarity?

Speaking of DQ, I think it needs to be revised. In my opinion, the idea of DQ is to encourage the player to log in every day and play different aspects of the game.There are some DQs that are practically impossible to complete, like killing creatures of certain classifications for low level players or PvP DQs for high level players. There are also other Daily Quests with requirements and rewards that aren't worth the effort, such as Break down 80 items for +130 Current Stamina reward or Inventing dozens of items for low current Stamina.

Well, but that's a topic for another time. The reroll will help in these situations. :)

If I understand correctly, from discussions I have seen in places like Global and Discord, the Re-roll will be random in nature, up to and including the task, rarity and reward involved.  Since that truly makes sense and is about the only way it could be made fair to all players, both old and new, lower levels to EoC, we could probably bank on how that is how it will be...
Although I understand Pardoux's position about there being a need for it, I do feel that it is necessary for those of us that get a totally insurmountable task, such as a lower level player getting a "kill X mounted creatures" (impossible below a certain level) or a PvP DQ when there are no "active" players in range whatsoever... or even an undesirable task, i.e. invent or breakdown several hundred items, or, in my case, damage a Titan  <_<

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#48 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2022 - 12:38

Hey there everyone.

Regarding the update, I’m afraid we’ve had to postpone it further. This is due to circumstances completely out of our control. When we look like we’ll be able to get this update out, we’ll let you know. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

As ever, we thank you for the feedback you’ve provided and will continue to take it into account.

We have decided to change Avenger from Damage to Attack, as requested. Additionally, we have decided to include Stalwart Heart in the update instead of Soul Guard!

Stalwart Heart: +0.03% per point boost to Armor when an opponent hits you (Maximum number of boosts: 5).

~ Grim

#49 Onifighter

Onifighter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2022 - 00:30

If I understand correctly, from discussions I have seen in places like Global and Discord, the Re-roll will be random in nature, up to and including the task, rarity and reward involved.  Since that truly makes sense and is about the only way it could be made fair to all players, both old and new, lower levels to EoC, we could probably bank on how that is how it will be...
Although I understand Pardoux's position about there being a need for it, I do feel that it is necessary for those of us that get a totally insurmountable task, such as a lower level player getting a "kill X mounted creatures" (impossible below a certain level) or a PvP DQ when there are no "active" players in range whatsoever... or even an undesirable task, i.e. invent or breakdown several hundred items, or, in my case, damage a Titan  <_<

In my case, are the PvP DQs (since I'm not into PvP) and the breakdown/inventing items because I'm lazy  :lol:

I personally don't see a need for a DQ reroll at all , but i'm hoping (given that they're implementing one) that it will be purely random - so, you "could" get one that's exactly the same, or you could get one vastly different...

The reroll will help in these situations that Penny and I said but doesn't solve the problem. Having a DQ with a big reward but not being able to complete it due to a situation the game doesn't offer can be frustrating. Reroll the DQ and new having the same requirement makes no sense, but for a player aiming for a higher rarity DQ, the reroll is a good bet. I think DQs could encourage other aspects of the game, like Composing or Scavenging. I don't know exactly how, but it's just an opinion. But I have high expectations when Reroll comes.  ;)

Edited by Onifighter, 09 April 2022 - 00:32.

#50 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2022 - 13:01

We are currently deliberating if the boost only activates when the player takes damage, or when the next turn begins in combat. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this alternative  :)

Any news on which option you guys decided to go with?

For Stalwart Heart either option will work as it is unlikely an opponent will be missing hits vs someone wearing armor.

For Avenger, on-hit works if the defender is wearing armor, in the case of two defence setups with neither hitting each other on-hit activation might never happen, turn based activation might help shorten the combats. 

Also, are these two buffs defender only buffs as the description is implying?

Edited by sohail94, 20 April 2022 - 13:07.

#51 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 13:44

Thoughts on increasing these buff durations to at least 60 mins (I think 90 is great personally)? Anything at 30 minutes is so low. Especially if the stam cost will be so high. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 20 April 2022 - 13:45.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: