77 replies to this topic

#1 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 22:57

Hello, :)

I have started a project using VR and the Fallensword website. It is currently private and for personal use. However i have decided to make it more public and help other guilds build a VR that has their guild interests playing on loop. 

The VR i am working on has/ will have the following;

- Recipes of items and their relevant creature in some kind of order along the walls of the VR.

- Halls of fame with nominated players of your choosing and their accomplishment Plaque underneath.

- A constant stream of your guilds interests playing on a large screen in the common room, e.g; Conflicts, Titans, Relics, Log, Chat, Recruiting and even individual player screens of lead relic defenders displaying active buffs.

-  Fallensword News updates aswell as tavern rumours.
 - Guild Adviser Displayed either on loop or updated at any time of your choosing.

- Guides of gear required for each level

There are many more ideas i could implement, if you leave them below and i find them doable i will include it. Below are the Cons of this idea.

- You must have a device, or a member of your guild to have a device to run alongside your primary device. Meaning you need 2 computers or use your computer to stream the guilds interests in the common room. I do not have a work around for this i apologise.
- I would be setting up the hall for you meaning any information on plaques, halls of fame (or flame) is known by me and access to guild streaming is also possible.

They are the Cons of owning/ running one of these VR rooms if you want those features. 

Here are other tools that are available; Voice-chat, Character modelling, world modelling, Private portals to leader rooms, Advertising items and services, Displaying items for sale in BP or by the guild, Viewing forums, streaming videos and music, Quest guides, Composing charts, SE spawn locations, chest locations, Frag/item requests, guild notice boards, community boards and i forgot to mention the whole time your in there you can access your personal Fallensword account to play.

P.S no VR headset required you can play on an old laptop! (i7 3000 series+)
(Pic below for example)
 VRVR.png

#2 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 23:28

P.S.S, The room must abide by HCS TnCs, Any breaking of the TnCs will result in a deletion of the room and a report to HCS with the evidence. From there your guild will never own a room again.
There will also be TnCs for use of player created creatures images not to be used without permission and sets. If its used in a hunting set the pic will be replaced with a piece of hoofmaster test gear with the items text as the relevant piece.
(Example zaragoth set replaced with hooftest gear but text displays zaragoth, there will be an identifier so you can see it has been changed aswell as who was the creator of the set)

#3 IVANIDAS

IVANIDAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 April 2022 - 23:29

why is this even a post  :lol:

1XUAuwf.png

#4 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 23:43

why is this even a post  :lol:

Because i wanted to share information with the community i suppose :) i have worked on it for my guild learning the tools etc and i decided it was easy enough to do for other guilds :) who knows, maybe if i get good enough i can put the whole platform on a private server and have 1000+ players in a lobby rather then 30-50 i would be able to give it to HCS and they could put some very nice features on it. 

#5 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 00:09

First, let me say that the idea as presented, doesn't thrill me a lot.  BUT the basic theme of FS in a VR does.  Taking the idea to (maybe) it's ultimate conclusion has a player swinging their enchanted pickaxe at a horde of attacking rats. (insert favorite monster and weapon here)  Maybe that's a pipe dream, maybe not, but the basic idea intrigues me. 

#6 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 00:19

First, let me say that the idea as presented, doesn't thrill me a lot.  BUT the basic theme of FS in a VR does.  Taking the idea to (maybe) it's ultimate conclusion has a player swinging their enchanted pickaxe at a horde of attacking rats. (insert favorite monster and weapon here)  Maybe that's a pipe dream, maybe not, but the basic idea intrigues me. 

If FS take over they could do daily minigames in public areas on servers they own. However i cannot :( maybe guild mini games that give you guild points but would be pointless. maybe a chess board and a few other board games in the guild VR if the guild leader chooses to implement. 

#7 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 00:42

Example of guild leaders room :)

#8 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 00:44

Example of guild leaders room :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 132.png

#9 IVANIDAS

IVANIDAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 00:58

Look, making this whether it was easy or hard I will give you props. I know many are surprised maybe even shocked of this concept but for FS...na. FS is simple and with this you are trying to change it to make it seem something different. You may have a passion for the game in which I see you have brought it to VR but I think in my opinion, the community is fine with where the game is play at and (APP  :wacko: ). So keep up the good work and as you know, this is a big NO for me, some may like it but this aint chief. 

1XUAuwf.png

#10 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 01:12

Look, making this whether it was easy or hard I will give you props. I know many are surprised maybe even shocked of this concept but for FS...na. FS is simple and with this you are trying to change it to make it seem something different. You may have a passion for the game in which I see you have brought it to VR but I think in my opinion, the community is fine with where the game is play at and (APP  :wacko: ). So keep up the good work and as you know, this is a big NO for me, some may like it but this aint chief. 

Dont knock it till you try it, imagine a room in your house filled with all the information on FS you could need with every screen around you rather then sitting behind tabs? my first thought was no to VR. but once i learnt the tools and used it myself i saw its capabilities. If Hoofmaster allows it i will post a public server for you to see for yourself and decide from there :) 
Best way to put it is imagine walking into a bar and being able to either talk to someone behind the counter for some compose potions or artisan potions and have them sent to your BP. If the players are offline or off VR you could leave a note which could ping all the 'bartenders' that there is a request for x potions from x player.
Another one could be you walk into a merchants store where you can send requests for items at x price and they can ST you the item if they like the offer.
The possibilities are endless.

#11 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 April 2022 - 23:23

Update;
Test portals to other rooms working!
Performance with an old laptop is smooth.
collection went from local images to hyperlinked images from HCS.
HCS has requested further information into the VR (Mainly automation questioning and what information i would be able to see)

The example hub is now operational and ready for HCS to view. 

#12 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 04:03

Im not sure if that URL will be visible but its just an example of what is possible,

#13 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 04:04

Im not sure if that URL will be visible but its just an example of what is possible,

Apologies for the lowest quality video posted to forums to date. But you can see what is possible :)

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 09:57

The work you have put into this is impressive, but it clearly appears to be automation in one way or another, and as most of us know, this is decidedly against ToS....
which is why the only outside thing we have ever been allowed is FSH....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#15 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 10:21

The work you have put into this is impressive, but it clearly appears to be automation in one way or another, and as most of us know, this is decidedly against ToS....
which is why the only outside thing we have ever been allowed is FSH....

The automation isnt on the game itself or interacts with the game in any way. The automation is equal to auto reload :) no ingame automation whatsoever. The automation is select tab 1, reload tab 1, select tab 2, reload tab 2 etc. The automation in question is the transitioning between the tabs as auto reload is accepted.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 10:27

The automation isnt on the game itself or interacts with the game in any way. The automation is equal to auto reload :) no ingame automation whatsoever. The automation is select tab 1, reload tab 1, select tab 2, reload tab 2 etc. The automation in question is the transitioning between the tabs as auto reload is accepted.

I'm pointing out my perception... I wish you all the luck that the Bovine Dieties see it as you do

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#17 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 10:45

I'm pointing out my perception... I wish you all the luck that the Bovine Dieties see it as you do

I hope so to, worst case i have a work around but its not as good, will just effect the quality a little but will still offer same features :) so lastly, i have found a way to make the rooms private and personally owned rather then owned and ran by me. So i will no longer be able to see your guild chat content, log or anything like that while it is being streamed in your room. Also any content added to your room i will not be able to see unless i am invited.
Just need to make sure the cows will let me use their art to make the place look like fallensword and it should be ready just after Easter :)

#18 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 22:41

Wow!

FS info is fed and reorganized. What about wiki? UFSG? Guild web site?

How are other guild members perceived? How to communicate?

How is this run in terms of memory? Processing?

If in VR, then not playing the game?

#19 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2022 - 23:49

Wow!

FS info is fed and reorganized. What about wiki? UFSG? Guild web site?

How are other guild members perceived? How to communicate?

How is this run in terms of memory? Processing?

If in VR, then not playing the game?

The info isnt adjusted it is just snippets of the relevant screen, to do what you are thinking the fallensword team would need to do the project. However i can offer the same thing but not as easily done or visually appealing.
Im pretty sure the platform offers character models but im sure i can upload my own and use them. (customised characters). Communication is via chat or voice in the rooms. At this moment the test server is using 256mb memory however this will likely go upto 512mb in the near future. an I7 - 3000 series cpu with no GPU and 8gb ram can run this program on a pc. As far as mobile compatibility i will test when i have completed the hub. When you are in the VR you can access a private screen (your personal desktop) which you can use as a browser or you can play the game in the browser and just navigate tab.   

#20 BMachine

BMachine

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 02:20

Here is an image of the 'hunting gear gallery' that i have taken and i would like some feedback.

Would the background be better suited in classic FS colours or keep the greyscale theme?

Should i snip an image of the gear being worn instead of placing the images on a plane?

Lastly, Should the sets name be listed under the images or should there be a small sign infront of each setup that has set names and URLs to the items fallensword wiki?

Here is an image of the 'hunting gear gallery' that i have taken and i would like some feedback.

Would the background be better suited in classic FS colours or keep the greyscale theme?

Should i snip an image of the gear being worn instead of placing the images on a plane?

Lastly, Should the sets name be listed under the images or should there be a small sign infront of each setup that has set names and URLs to the items fallensword wiki?

Attached Thumbnails

• wallss.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: