• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:01

I know BG mentioned recently he was looking to add some new buffs, so I thought maybe it would be a good time to also look at reworking some of the older buffs that aren't used as much. Balanced attack and defense are the first two that come to mind, and possibly other ones to look at could be heavyweight and bodyguard. 

Those are the four that come to my mind right away, but I'm sure there are others that can be looked at as well.

If BG is open to the idea of reworking some buffs, maybe we can get a conversation going of what to change.  What are your thoughts?

Edited by Melons, 21 January 2019 - 04:43.

#2 Rigger

Rigger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:23

agree with you on balanced attack and defense... they seem almost pointless. Regardless of whether its for hunting or PVE, the sets I wear are almost never the same level. 

#3 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:25

yep bal  att and def are totally useless,bodyguard i use sometimes ,heavy weight think ive used it twice

myself would like to see some new ones from 3000 upwards as there is only 1 of each in the 3 groups

5aZzW0p.png,

#4 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:42

yep bal  att and def are totally useless,bodyguard i use sometimes ,heavy weight think ive used it twice

myself would like to see some new ones from 3000 upwards as there is only 1 of each in the 3 groups

Yep, I can't remember which post it was, but BG said he's working on new buffs. So, one can assume they will be level 3000 and above. 

Edited by Melons, 21 January 2019 - 06:42.

#5 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:41

Agreed these could use a slight tweak! I don't think i have used any of those buffs mentioned in the post! 

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#6 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:07

How about adding Necrosis to the skill tree somewhere.  We've always had Holy Flame but Necrosis is only available by potion and the Necrosis 175 would give people a lower option without coming too close to the potions.

Screenshot everything!

#7 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:35

How about adding Necrosis to the skill tree somewhere.  We've always had Holy Flame but Necrosis is only available by potion and the Necrosis 175 would give people a lower option without coming too close to the potions.

yep like this idea

5aZzW0p.png,

#8 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:16

These arent useless buffs, every buff has its use. Better to have them and not use them instead of needing them and not having them.

Edited by gapukas, 24 January 2019 - 06:21.

#9 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:22

how about a chest locator buff? Would give you a ping if you were within so many map levels of a chest up or down. I mean there is a lot, LOT of maps and if you want to go and find a chest to open .. good luck. Its beyond a needle in a haystack.

#10 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:20

how about a chest locator buff? Would give you a ping if you were within so many map levels of a chest up or down. I mean there is a lot, LOT of maps and if you want to go and find a chest to open .. good luck. Its beyond a needle in a haystack.

I say NO on chest locator buff (and SE locator too).  Chests are intended to be random and rare, which they are.  So much in this game has already been nerfed and now you want to nerf another aspect?  No thanks, I say leave chest locations as they are.  Now if you want to discuss the cost to open chests, I definitely think the higher tier keys are way overpriced.

Screenshot everything!

#11 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 February 2019 - 17:25

I say NO on chest locator buff (and SE locator too).  Chests are intended to be random and rare, which they are.  So much in this game has already been nerfed and now you want to nerf another aspect?  No thanks, I say leave chest locations as they are.  Now if you want to discuss the cost to open chests, I definitely think the higher tier keys are way overpriced.

Agreed and Agreed

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 February 2019 - 18:55

I still want a pot that gives me more gold when I hunt... I'm not afraid of Yotekiller :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#13 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:42

i think rage, fury, aura of protection, fortify etc etc, all those buffs are outdated and could use a buffing, even if only by .1% per point, bring em in line with the likes of SH and SW, AB, KE etc, or more so, give peeps a reason to love their level up points again :-)

#14 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2019 - 18:31

How would it be a nerf to add a chest locator buff? I'm not saying it tells you exactly which coordinate the chest is at ... i"m saying it would give you a hint if your somewhat nearby .. then you would have to go through each zone and check it like you would normally already do. I want it from a medal point of view .. I could careless about whats in the chest.  

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2019 - 19:10

How would it be a nerf to add a chest locator buff? I'm not saying it tells you exactly which coordinate the chest is at ... i"m saying it would give you a hint if your somewhat nearby .. then you would have to go through each zone and check it like you would normally already do. I want it from a medal point of view .. I could careless about whats in the chest.  

I agree with Yote - there should be NOTHING that helps you find SE's and/or Chests...

If you want 'em that bad, pay for locations, like many others do ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#16 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 25 February 2019 - 13:23

still reckon a invertor 2 buff that swaps dam and armour 

5aZzW0p.png,

#17 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2019 - 22:50

I agree with Yote - there should be NOTHING that helps you find SE's and/or Chests...

If you want 'em that bad, pay for locations, like many others do ...

I'd rather earn them but its impossible to do so currently. How is that in the spirit of the game ... to buy locations from others as the only real way to do something in-game. Yes its possible to stumble on 1-2 by luck but come on .. if your going for a medal that isn't going to work. 

SEs are completely different thing .. there are specific SEs that spawn at predetermined maps for certain SE that have a more or less set respawn time (with some variance). That is something you can work towards.

Edited by Windbattle, 28 February 2019 - 22:52.

#18 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:51

I'd rather earn them but its impossible to do so currently. How is that in the spirit of the game ... to buy locations from others as the only real way to do something in-game. Yes its possible to stumble on 1-2 by luck but come on .. if your going for a medal that isn't going to work. 

SEs are completely different thing .. there are specific SEs that spawn at predetermined maps for certain SE that have a more or less set respawn time (with some variance). That is something you can work towards.

Actually, I'd disagree there ... 

I've FOUND 42 chests so far, whilst SE hunting :)

Probably would be more too, were it not for folk buying locations LOL

#19 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:21

^^^^ This guy got the diamond SE medal first y'all (see Accomplishments)... avoiding buying  SE locations  I aspire to be just like him when I grow up.

But back to the topic at hand....  several of the earlier buffs need to be either reworked or replaced.... Quite a few defensive buffs, as well as Rage and Fury, depend on points being put into their respective Attributes... Most FS players are advised early on to put all level up points into damage.... which makes these buffs absolutely useless unless you're an idiot like me with points everywhere... These buffs should either be changed to be more useful to players with points only in damage, or replaced entirely.  Other buffs are rarely used now except by very new players, because even most Specials pots deliver better effects, and there are many cheap potions for sale in the AH, as well as the composed pots over half of us can make long before EoC composing.  With the plethora of new buff ideas available, from the ones already devised but not yet implemented by staff, to the ones thought up by players just like me, being viable and wanted, it seems that they need to be put out into the game with a quickness.  After all, once the app is released to the public in its final form, you want the new folks to see useful things to look forward to so that they don't wander off to a more sophisticated game.  And don't we want the old fogeys like me (game wise) to stick around as well?

Edited by BadPenny, 01 March 2019 - 08:32.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#20 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:02

trouble is if they give us new buffs ,will they be added to the compose list 

if they are will it instantly make them overpowered ?

will the new players be able to access them easily ?

will the so called "elite few " try to get them changed ?

why add them at lev 4000 ,maybe add them at different levels so the majority of players can get them ,not just those at eoc 

after all we want these new players to have an enjoyable start to the game ,or they will just leave to go elsewhere

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: