47 replies to this topic

#1 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 17:48

I truly am finding it difficult to keep up with repair cost.  Just posting my personal cost and they happen quite frequently.  Already repaired twice today doing quests.

repairs_sage_zpscde8b8fd.jpg

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#2 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 17:57

We'll be reducing durability loss in the next update! Thanks for your feedback on this.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#3 GiovannaTeles

GiovannaTeles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 17:59

Agreed, repair cost is too high, with this price for repairing is impossible to have enough coins for anything else. All of our savings goes to repairing. I'm pretty sure everyone would be very happy if this cost was decreased.  :)

eov6.jpg

Giovanna_Teles - Level 6 - Ranger

#4 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 18:12

I agree the cost for repairs needs to be reduce and the price vendors pay for things needs to be increased otherwise I probably won't be doing much of anything on this game I love the game but I want to feel like I can work my skills and quest without worrying about how I will repair or how I will pay to work my skills like cooking and leatherworking and such I love working all the skills but as it is now I am pretty much just questing and that gets boring after awhile my skills provided me a nice break from questing

#5 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 18:15

Thank you so much Mojawk!  I'm truly getting no where monetarily everything goes back to repairing and buying abilities.  The cost is very high as well.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#6 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 18:20

I've actually been fixing a bunch of items that sold for incorrectly low values and also reduced the cost of crafting by almost 50% at low levels, if you let me know anything else you feel is wrong I will investigate!

Thanks for your continued support and testing!

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#7 Visual Kei

Visual Kei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 19:07

thnx mojawk, keep up the good work:)

drocell_visual_kei___signature_by_ryuuki

IGN: Infinity

Class: Prophet

Server: Oceanic

Guild: Log Horizon

#8 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 November 2013 - 20:00

Mojawk, could you look into the cost of ranger gear from the leather shop in the market please.  Seems very, very high also.

#9 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:21

Another screenshot of repairs

repairs2_sage_zpsbb669bfb.jpg

Edited by Sage, 21 November 2013 - 04:23.

#10 MooCowMoo

MooCowMoo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:26

I've actually been fixing a bunch of items that sold for incorrectly low values and also reduced the cost of crafting by almost 50% at low levels, if you let me know anything else you feel is wrong I will investigate!

Thanks for your continued support and testing!

It's possible you could make a profession that allows repairs on weapons & armor, right?

I think that'd be more Eldevin-y than just buying it so NPCs repair. Also perhaps if you do go with the suggestion, have it so that there is a chance that the armor/weapon could break, but chance progressively goes away as your skill goes higher?

Just a thought :)

Edited by MooCowMoo, 21 November 2013 - 04:31.

#11 Visual Kei

Visual Kei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:53

im repairing for 3 gold against lvl 10 mobs in boonies lol...and the combat bug there isn't helping either

#12 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:14

use crafted gear, is very cheap to repair :P

style5,Majjer.png

#13 Visual Kei

Visual Kei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:20

crafting gears is time consuming and cost a lot to level...you'll be broke by the time you achieve your desired level, that's if you have the money to get it...its the repair price that needs adjustment

#14 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:24

with the decrease in the cost of items needed you don't lose as much now when crafting (sure u still lose but it's only a slight loss) not really worth crafting during this beta only a couple of days left 

at the rate everything costs so much i wonder how on earth a level 25 is supposed to pay 100 gold for the skill at that level

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#15 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:28

with the decrease in the cost of items needed you don't lose as much now when crafting (sure u still lose but it's only a slight loss) not really worth crafting during this beta only a couple of days left 

at the rate everything costs so much i wonder how on earth a level 25 is supposed to pay 100 gold for the skill at that level

its not possible unless you pay $ for the gold coins packages. at the current rate you lose everything you make just on armor repairs alone and becomes even more difficult as your lvl raises and you get better gear. im almost lvl 20 atm,i have died a few times and i'd say 99% of my coins have gone to repairing my gear, i only have 4 silver right now,so i wouldnt expect being able to buy my lvl 25 spell for a very long time.

Edited by HuMoR, 21 November 2013 - 06:33.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#16 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:32

With AS and LW the resource is pretty easy to get by skinning and prospecting, but to be able to tailor, we are looking at buying seeds, scarecrow crop dust and compost if used, before even spending on dye and thread, very expensive.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#17 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 November 2013 - 16:33

I personally think they need to put game back to how it was before update as it stands now not many of us are happy seems to me the only happy people playing are the merchants and the pvpers so yep I am thinking I don't want a founders pack or even to play this game that I love

#18 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:38

Imho this update was the worst I've ever seen. If I had known about these changes before, I don't think I had bought a Founders Pack.

As it looks now, I'll just  quit after the 3 months included supporter time. :(

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

#19 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:04

i dont think so. you just got it bit harder without supportership.

from my point of view i see just whinning and ranting of spoiled children after last update. please dont forget you have been just testing till now. past 1/2 year you got everything easily and without much effort just to be able to test all possibilities as much as possible.

and now, even without supporter status, some made it to lvl 20 within a few days. how much time is need then to win the game? maybe focusing more to sustainability rather than levels will be the right approach.

Edited by Majjer, 22 November 2013 - 09:05.

style5,Majjer.png

#20 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2013 - 16:21

What is the main issue here, do you feel the cost of repairs is still too high? If so what reduction do you think would make sense?

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: