Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2013 - 16:35

I gotta agree with Majjer in some respects here, this is a MMORPG.. there's going to be grinding and there's going to be times when you need to choose how to spend your funds wisely.

Initial release = hard for everybody, it's going to be hard.. expect it. There's no guides and no one will have played like we will on release (it will be much different).

Within in a few months to half a year of the game being live, everything will probably settle down and a proper economy should immerse.

I'm sure if there are real problems with prices and repairs HCS will sort all this out within the first 1 or 2 months. The prices could never have been 100% accurate because we never tested the game like we will play on release (maybe for these past few days of beta) but it will still be different.

Edited by Neon, 22 November 2013 - 16:36.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#22 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:10

i dont think so. you just got it bit harder without supportership.

from my point of view i see just whinning and ranting of spoiled children after last update. please dont forget you have been just testing till now. past 1/2 year you got everything easily and without much effort just to be able to test all possibilities as much as possible.

and now, even without supporter status, some made it to lvl 20 within a few days. how much time is need then to win the game? maybe focusing more to sustainability rather than levels will be the right approach.

Longer then few day's about 5 day's or so, Just as well still farly fast to lvl even with out add bonus xp!

Thought still issue on gold gain's cover repair cost lower lvl's, Over slowly starting get point where can make some income cover cost but not much left cover crafting!

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#23 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:44

What is the main issue here, do you feel the cost of repairs is still too high? If so what reduction do you think would make sense?

Honestly do not know what should be done.  I do know that I cannot complete a dungeon scenario without getting messages that my equipment is in need of repair.  My character is a ranger.  Before the last boss at Ohdar I have gotten the message over and over today.  Same thing in the Vault.  You've seen my screenshots.  Nothing changed.

Edited by Sage, 23 November 2013 - 02:46.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#24 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 15:18

For the launch of the game we will be reducing the durability loss on the armor further :) I think we're quite happy with where weapons are right now. But please keep the feedback coming!

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#25 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2013 - 16:04

Mojawk, my crossbow is the first to give the message that its broken.  Could you look into the ranger weapons and see if there is something going on there please?  Also, stealth shot talent isn't lowering my aggression like it should.  It seems to have no effect one way or the other.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#26 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2013 - 17:01

Sage, are you casting mostly skills or auto-attacking with your bow?  Wonder if that could possibly be an issue.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#27 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 17:09

We've made a small tweak to this, to now include weapon speed, this would have meant faster weapons would have lost more durability. It will now be even across all weapon types.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#28 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2013 - 18:17

We've made a small tweak to this, to now include weapon speed, this would have meant faster weapons would have lost more durability. It will now be even across all weapon types.

Sounds awesome Mojawk.  Although I won't have time to fully test it I do appreciate your patience with my persistence.  I had a feeling it had something to do with the 2.50 attacks per second lol.  My bow was firing like an automatic weapon.  Also want to thank you for working on durability of all the gear, it will help tremendously.

Edited by Sage, 23 November 2013 - 18:20.

#29 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2013 - 20:31

Mojawk, after talking to other players as well.  I am told that Stealth Shot talent for rangers has never worked either.  Could you investigate that too please?  I am constantly pulling the aggression from bosses and have all 3 points in stealth shot.

#30 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2013 - 20:42

Not currently doing ranger, but based on the last beta where I had a lvl 40...

Stealth shot not worth it, even if it works.  Three points for 5/10/15?  The mage gets 20 for 1 point, the prophet 25.  Playing at 40, I just had to start slow (hemorrhage, envenom, maybe 1 or 2 regular shots, watch for early crits) while the tank got solid hold.  Then I could blast away freely with no points in stealth.

IMO, for stealth to be worth considering, at least at endgame, it would have to reduce threat by 15 or 20% for only 1 point.  Having those 3 points for dps throughout the rest of the fight was worth more in the long run.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#31 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2013 - 20:52

Agreed, Bart.  Not worth having stealth shots.

#32 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2013 - 22:26

Majjer I agree with you to a extent on the ranting/nagging but some of it is just a actual problem now with that being said though,you haven't really played the game since this last update enough to really see the problem at hand. If you had played the game and got far enough into the game you would see that your gold intake doesn't keep up with anything at all enough to advance in anything. your armor degrades so fast and has such high costs that even taking no damage and doing dungeons you cant get back enough gold just to repair for those trips. when skilling if you intend to that is,you lose on that also so you cant afford to just go from skilling to combat or combat to skilling whenever you want. your armor will degrade the same in combat if you take no damage as it would if you were the one tanking multiple enemies i've tested it in ohdar scar. with jeff,sage,and jeffslady and jeff was tanking. my staff however degraded fairly slow in those trips.

Edited by HuMoR, 24 November 2013 - 22:27.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#33 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:13

well, it is true i havent played much compared to previous release.

but i have ended up as xp lvl 11 with no assigned lvl-up point nor talent as i didnt needed it for questing / killing quest mobs. on top of that i was lvl 16 in prospecting + few minor crafting skills like 6 in armorsmithing. thats why i could advice to use crafted equipment - i had no issues keeping it repaired as costs were really low (thanks to low price when sold to npc's).

if you want something special - no problem, just calculate with upkeep costs (perfect gold sink for hcs).

you have been just unlucky again as theres no market yet and we were still beta-testing.

Edited by Majjer, 25 November 2013 - 07:15.

style5,Majjer.png

#34 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2013 - 15:51

the lvl I was at there wasn't a achievable crafting skill to keep up with the gear i needed to use,so was forced to use individual heroic items or relic sets. and both are extremely high in cost just to repair let alone actually get them. 

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#35 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 14:12

There was a bug with stealth shots previously but this has been fixed, we'll also be balancing Phase Walking a bit better.

As for repair costs, what items are you finding very expensive, I've been trying to find the issue with repairing.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#36 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2013 - 14:23

I can only speak for myself.  I couldn't complete a dungeon like Vault or Ohdar without receiving the message that my gear was broken prior to reaching the last boss.  My bloodied crossbow would always be on zero at last boss and all armor flashing needing repair.  I was wearing full Vault ranger gear at the time (except for helm) while at Ohdar.  Also want to add that I was never being directly hit by any of the npc's we were fighting since our tank was taking all the hits, so my armor shouldn't have been deteriorating at such a high rate in my opinion.  Having to repair at nearly 4 gold per trip is excessive.  There were no weapon drops at all at Ohdar instances except the ranger daggar, I'm sure there were weapon drops there before this final beta test.

One thing that troubled me in the final beta test was the lowering of drop rates and removal of certain drops totally from nearly all areas.  This was my first reset and prior to the final test I was able to keep up monetarily although I didn't make a lot I could sustain my characters needs, but then again I was getting drops that I could sell back also to pay for my crafting and continued play.  I think this is a very large part of the problem.  I love to craft and due to the high prices for the secondary ingredients in shops I had to give crafting up because I couldn't make enough to continue, which forced me to attempt to find coins in other ways like fighting, there too the coins just didn't come.  I was fortunate that friends who actually quit the game gave me coins to finish beta testing.  On the final day of testing I had only 3 gold and some change with taking into account the 15 gold that was leant to me.

Also, ty for looking into 'stealth shot' talent. Is it also possible to raise the 5/10/15 on that talent to match what other classes receive on similar talents?

And :D would still love to see an epic bow or crossbow for rangers to fight the plagued.  Ranger class is overlooked in some aspects of the game.  The bow at Nidaros Arena evened our odds there and was a complete success when it was introduced (yes I tested it at level and completed for the first time).  Please consider an epic bow for plagued also?

Edited by Sage, 26 November 2013 - 14:59.

#37 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2013 - 16:01

And :D would still love to see an epic bow or crossbow for rangers to fight the plagued.  Ranger class is overlooked in some aspects of the game.  The bow at Nidaros Arena evened our odds there and was a complete success when it was introduced (yes I tested it at level and completed for the first time).  Please consider an epic bow for plagued also?

They would then have to take a look also at one handed swords, daggers, and fist weapons, to even it out for all classes.  The weapons only give a 10% bonus against plagued, and it really isn't that big of a deal (from my experiences on all classes).  Also, the bow was never needed in the Nidaros Arena to "even" the odds.  It was always easily doable using envenom (as tested and proven by myself and others).  There seems to be a lot more areas to work on, in my opinion, that are of greater urgency.

#38 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2013 - 16:13

There was a bug with stealth shots previously but this has been fixed, we'll also be balancing Phase Walking a bit better.

As for repair costs, what items are you finding very expensive, I've been trying to find the issue with repairing.

would seem relic set items cost a fortune and degrade as fast as low durability items if not faster. and whilst taking no damage at all. just being in a combat phase and attacking while receiving no damage the gears were degrading immensely fast.  literally full durability degraded to 0 before reaching the 2nd to last boss in Ohdar and Jeff was the one taking all the damage. 

Also have to agree with Alpion on that one,before focusing on the little things of the game that are temporary and will be fixable just by leveling in a days time. there are greater things needing to be worked on that effect all in game regardless of their level and bugs in combat that are existent. 

Edited by HuMoR, 26 November 2013 - 16:13.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#39 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2013 - 17:18

They would then have to take a look also at one handed swords, daggers, and fist weapons, to even it out for all classes.  The weapons only give a 10% bonus against plagued, and it really isn't that big of a deal (from my experiences on all classes).  Also, the bow was never needed in the Nidaros Arena to "even" the odds.  It was always easily doable using envenom (as tested and proven by myself and others).  There seems to be a lot more areas to work on, in my opinion, that are of greater urgency.

At any rate, the request is valid and would like it considered without it being torn apart before its given any thought at all.

#40 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2013 - 18:14

i'm not saying i support it being tossed out,just think it should be put on the back burner for a bit and put the needs for all players ahead of it for now so the game launch and few days after can bring in more players and opportunity for HCS to further themselves into the game production and minor fixes or adjustments.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: