47 replies to this topic

#41 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2013 - 18:22

At any rate, the request is valid and would like it considered without it being torn apart before its given any thought at all.

Agreed with HuMoR.  Not saying that it shouldn't be considered or that isn't not valid, but if it is, then it should be considered for all other classes that aren't represented as well.  As such, that's quite a bit of time, effort, and thought spent on an area that shouldn't be a big concern especially at this point in the game.  There seem to be so many major balance issues to be worked on now, that some other minor, very time consuming items should just be put off for now.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#42 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2013 - 18:35

I can only speak for myself.  I couldn't complete a dungeon like Vault or Ohdar without receiving the message that my gear was broken prior to reaching the last boss.  My bloodied crossbow would always be on zero at last boss and all armor flashing needing repair.  I was wearing full Vault ranger gear at the time (except for helm) while at Ohdar.  Also want to add that I was never being directly hit by any of the npc's we were fighting since our tank was taking all the hits, so my armor shouldn't have been deteriorating at such a high rate in my opinion.  Having to repair at nearly 4 gold per trip is excessive.  There were no weapon drops at all at Ohdar instances except the ranger daggar, I'm sure there were weapon drops there before this final beta test.

One thing that troubled me in the final beta test was the lowering of drop rates and removal of certain drops totally from nearly all areas.  This was my first reset and prior to the final test I was able to keep up monetarily although I didn't make a lot I could sustain my characters needs, but then again I was getting drops that I could sell back also to pay for my crafting and continued play.  I think this is a very large part of the problem.  I love to craft and due to the high prices for the secondary ingredients in shops I had to give crafting up because I couldn't make enough to continue, which forced me to attempt to find coins in other ways like fighting, there too the coins just didn't come.  I was fortunate that friends who actually quit the game gave me coins to finish beta testing.  On the final day of testing I had only 3 gold and some change with taking into account the 15 gold that was leant to me.

Also, ty for looking into 'stealth shot' talent. Is it also possible to raise the 5/10/15 on that talent to match what other classes receive on similar talents?

And :D would still love to see an epic bow or crossbow for rangers to fight the plagued.  Ranger class is overlooked in some aspects of the game.  The bow at Nidaros Arena evened our odds there and was a complete success when it was introduced (yes I tested it at level and completed for the first time).  Please consider an epic bow for plagued also?

So again, here were my suggestions and observations, rather than the last statement pulled from the entire post.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#43 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2013 - 18:59

As for your whole post...yes, they are addressing the issue of durability loss.  There may have been some issues they are looking into and changing.  Done.

Next part...lowering of drops.  I'm not sure where it was posted that they lowered drop rates, but I felt it was the opposite.  I was getting more drops than before.  You said this was your first reset.  It was my third?  Fourth?  Not sure any more but I thought the drops were higher than before the last update.  Is it all a matter of a Random Number Generator (RNG) being more friendly to one than another?  Who knows.  If they did lower the drop rates, then I surely didn't notice it anywhere.

I made a huge part of this last update to do only crafting, and some minor questing.  I had no trouble keeping up with coin.  I wasn't making money...but I was still able to afford anything I wanted to in crafting.  I love to craft too, as shown by my posts for many months.  And even with this last update, and the increased cost to craft...I still never had a problem keeping up.  Maybe it was because of my "perceived" increase in drops that helped to fund me...or maybe it was some other factor.

Other friends I know had well over 200g by the time this last round ended.  Somehow they were able to keep their equipment repaired...maybe craft too?...but to keep progressing and make money at the same time.  It seems like it worked rather well for many people.  Is it experience with the game?  Is it just luck?  I can't explain it.  But it happens.  I've been in games where my RNG has been so terrible it's made me quit.  Sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

And the rest...we've addressed.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#44 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2013 - 19:09

My remarks are directed to Mojawk who actually asked for the responses.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#45 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2013 - 19:15

not sure how the drop rates are worked out but i'm sure certain mob's drop more items than others. when grinding i had 2 mob's i would attack that were pretty easy to kill for xp and drops, but did notice some other mob's didn't seem to drop anything.  i my be wrong and just unlucky with the drops attacking certain mobs but i doubt it. as to the gold when grinding to lvl 23 i did run out of gold do to repair cost's, but i'm sure there is a way to make gold.

#46 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 20:14

Thanks for the responses here guys, please try and be friendly on the forums. We've improved the durability loss but you've never had it on the beta server and we've also improved the coins dropped by creatures for launch as well as fixing a few creatures that dropped nothing. As for a plagued bow, its something we are aware off, we plan on posting a development road-map on the forum shortly after launch.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#47 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 26 November 2013 - 21:25

Not sure repair cost mostly use heroic Relic set item, Dura lose - repair cost where high , Xbow degraed fast do speed Blood xbow form Vault,  As Archer losing more dura, costing more! Seen Temp/Prof where doing ok , War from what seen where manging, Assin not sure see very little. Over all Think inpart issue is Relic set's

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#48 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2013 - 23:33

I don't know about others but that development road-map has got me anxious,and looking forward to the live launch even more then before. i just have to try and stay sane for the next few days till i can play again. (hardest part now is sitting and waiting) maybe i'll just watch TWD series from scratch to end O_O

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: