Photo

Farming Actions no longer Interrupt-able...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 21:52

So I was very excited to hit level 11 farming and add that second plot only to be really disappointed when I discovered farming actions are no longer interrupt-able :wacko: It effectively negates the benefit of farming the second plot because of the potential crop loss from disease due to ill timed actions. I just want to check if this was a deliberate intention or if these actions can be made interrupt-able so that I can react if disease strikes rather than watching on in horror as everything withers and dies...

Edited by JQuan, 03 December 2013 - 22:54.

#2 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 15:44

I know this probably doesnt affect that many people at the moment, but since I can interupt smelting or forging by clicking away or moving away, it would be great if I could interupt farming actions also 😃

Edited by JQuan, 04 December 2013 - 15:45.

#3 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 16:56

Best way to do this is prepare one plot first so it's ready to go, but don't water it.  Then prepare your second plot the same way.  Water one, then the other.  This generally offsets the disease that hits, so you take minimal losses (if any) going back and forth pruning.  That's how I've done it for a long time and it's always worked well for me.  Also use compost to make the crops grow much faster and that pretty much takes care of it all.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#4 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 17:11

That is what I have been doing, as I did in the beta. However, if I rake the second plot and disease hits the first just after I rake, I am trapped raking away until the action completes (you would be surprised how often this happens to me). The 3 seconds that I am am raking for works out at 3-6 disease loss each time. It just seems bothersome that the actions  can no longer be interupted.

#5 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2013 - 18:12

What I'm saying is don't water the first plot at all...not until after you rake and plant in the second plot.  Make sure both plots are fully planted and ready to go before watering either of them.  That way disease CAN'T hit your first plot until your second plot is fully ready.

But honestly I don't remember being able to interrupt farming actions ever.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: