6 replies to this topic

#1 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2013 - 20:33

PvP arenas should be a totally random queue.  I understand people want to group with their friends...but for the purposes of PvP arenas, it should be all random, no groups.  Not unless you can get 2 groups of 5 willing to go in.

It's too common now for a group of higher levels to join queue then go against a random group of very low levels.  This not only makes it extremely unfair for those lower levels, but it also puts a bad taste in their mouth for ever doing it again.  There is no point for any person to join the PvP arena if they can always expect to go against a group of high levels.

There is no reason to allow groups to queue PvP, unless as I said, it is 2 groups of 5 who may want to queue vs. each other.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#2 Garlic

Garlic

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 21:04

I've gone in there two times. First time I was in there I was a bit confused, but found it fun. Lost though.

Second time I went in there I realized I was going up against the same level 40s. Lost again.

I was level 11 at the time, I level very slow lol. But after the second match I said to myself I'm not going in there until I'm 40. Guess my copper sword wasn't doing much against their shiny gear xD.

#3 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2013 - 21:11

And that's a huge part of the problem.  If you're undergeared or underleveled, you'll be overwhelmed going against a group of higher players.  Split them up to opposing teams and make the teams more fair all around.  If there's 5 level 40's and 5 level 10's, then it should be one group of 3 40's and 2 10's and another of 2 40's and 3 10's.  Not 5 40's vs. 5 10's.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#4 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2013 - 23:11

Yeah even though it is fun, I think it needs looking at, to be more balanced for everyone participating  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#5 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:00

There can be 2 options. 2 types of pvp battlegrounds. One with level bracket, the other with no level bracket. The one without level bracket reward slightly higher exp and valor, just slightly. Players will choose to queue in the one with no level bracket because lack of player.

Also, when queued in group, you face other players who queue in group only.

Edited by D4VYJONES, 15 December 2013 - 08:12.

#6 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:09

I went in there once, Capture the Flag mode (though to be honest I had no idea what I was supposed to do regarding any flags). Got killed a million times, doubtlessly brought shame to my group. But I ran back to the area after every respawn, knowing the least I can do is annoy and distract the opposing group members and/or watch the back of/support my group members. (We lost.)

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#7 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:48

I love PvP in general. You won't catch me playing it in this game though. They need better rewards for prophets and have the TDM players randomly selected. They could then have a separate mode later on which allows team vs team or guild vs guild.

Also, allow us to select what mode we are playing. I would consider playing something other than killing for points, if that were available to me as a selection.

Edited by ComradeLewis, 15 December 2013 - 10:49.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: