#121 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2022 - 01:49

this is something that requires HCS attention, i think the OP has put a lot of thought into this, its been a detrimental issue since its inception, a bandaid of sorts, if it were a policable offense people would as sure as daylight notice an offender, there are posts for an against, does HCS have time to move this into a roadmap?

#122 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 02:21

"Hey guys, there's a bunch of new arenas and they all need 8 people. 7 join naked so 1 can join with gear and it'll be a for sure win."

It's that easy and abuseable regardless if using your own sets or guild tagged equipment, which I'm pretty sure that is why there is a cap and will always be a cap.

The logic doesn't hold up.  Being in the same guild has absolutely nothing to do with arena aside from guild tagged gear. You can communicate with people outside your guild just the same as you do for people in your guild. The only differentiating factor is guild tagged gear.

Edited by EpicPiety, 21 February 2022 - 02:21.

#123 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Canada

Posted 21 February 2022 - 03:26

The logic doesn't hold up.  Being in the same guild has absolutely nothing to do with arena aside from guild tagged gear. You can communicate with people outside your guild just the same as you do for people in your guild. The only differentiating factor is guild tagged gear.

You forgot to mention it's easier and quicker to chat/communicate with guild members in guild chat, which would make abusing arena much faster than communicating and coordinating with people via emails/personal messages in game/discord.

You're also forgetting to remember that not much of the player base will have the integrity to not abuse the arena if the cap were removed. A few won't, but a large number of players will, the history of this game has proven that players will abuse anything this game has to offer just to get ahead.

#124 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 February 2022 - 03:59

Alright, this needs to be addressed: and addressed promptly. Cows there absolutely must be a solution to your arena. With less and less guilds within the game and larger guilds adopting players from dying guilds: there are a large number of players unable to join the arena. A supposedly large aspect of your game. The way I see it; the players base will only shrink if this continues the way it is heading. The players that support this game and provide the majority of the funds are the ones that are promoting new players to also donate and support this game. When neither of these players are able to enjoy this aspect due to your % of join ratio (For whatever reason) there is a problem.

Thanks, Rek

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

#125 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 04:02

You forgot to mention it's easier and quicker to chat/communicate with guild members in guild chat, which would make abusing arena much faster than communicating and coordinating with people via emails/personal messages in game/discord.

You're also forgetting to remember that not much of the player base will have the integrity to not abuse the arena if the cap were removed. A few won't, but a large number of players will, the history of this game has proven that players will abuse anything this game has to offer just to get ahead.

I disagree with you here vastilos. Most communication simply exists outside of the game chat already. If we wanted to cheat the game, it would not take much effort to coordinate. That simply isn't the case here. You're also making it a point that there is a large profit within the arena, which there is not: nor has there been. 

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

#126 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 04:09

Then why hasn't it been abused now? You suggest that it can't be done currently? 

It's also far easier to communicate on discord and you can even have targeted and focused chats with specific purposes. I can much easier get someones attention on discord.

I don't think you make good points as they've been proven not to beable to stand on their own legs. I don't think you are considering the facts. I'll move on as it's not worth investing deeper into debate.

Edited by EpicPiety, 21 February 2022 - 04:16.

• Rek likes this

#127 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 04:14

You are clearly making assumptions about things you don't use, please do your research.

The ability to communicate with people on discord is 100x better and faster than the text dump called "guild chat".

#128 IVANIDAS

IVANIDAS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 04:27

Lately Arena has been a on going issue, mainly big guilds who have many arena fanatics. Arena is a style in the game like any other which should be respected. Some players struggle with arena which is normal. Solution?

• Novice for one was a 10/10 idea to give players a trial run in arena. A majority of players get their 50 wins from there which is fine. Also Novice arena is less crowded as it locks when you reach 50 wins or you max the moves you are able to get.
  • If arena were to break down to brackets such as above (Novice 50), such as 100 wins, 500 wins, 1000 wins and so forth. Yes this will let players get the medal easier but also it will open the the problem for big guilds to do arena and be able to do their DQ.
  • Expanding amount of players in arena. Most arenas are 8/16 capacity. In 8, only 2 players from the same guild can join. For 16 I believe its 3 or 4. So how about making arenas 24 or 36? Solution to this it can let more players from the same guild join. Problem, the time it will start.

This is my ideas and thoughts. Please let me know what you guys think. I just see this subject be brought up a lot. 

1XUAuwf.png

#129 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 04:42

All of you are making good points, and with some planning and coordination, I'm sure you guys can come up with some workable solutions, including an adjustment to the cap...

Too bad FS doesn't have volunteer devs like Legacy does.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#130 Arioche

Arioche

Producer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 February 2022 - 09:37

Hello everyone!

I will gather your thoughts and bring them to Hoof to see if any sort of solution can be found. I agree that there is still a lot to be done to improve aspects of the game, and while I'd love to have everything on the current roadmap, some things do take time and need further consideration. 

I'll see what I can do  :)

#131 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 09:39

Hello everyone!

I will gather your thoughts and bring them to Hoof to see if any sort of solution can be found. I agree that there is still a lot to be done to improve aspects of the game, and while I'd love to have everything on the current roadmap, some things do take time and need further consideration. 

Appreciate the feedback. What are your particular thoughts on the OP?

#132 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 09:46

Lately Arena has been a on going issue, mainly big guilds who have many arena fanatics. Arena is a style in the game like any other which should be respected. Some players struggle with arena which is normal. Solution?

• Novice for one was a 10/10 idea to give players a trial run in arena. A majority of players get their 50 wins from there which is fine. Also Novice arena is less crowded as it locks when you reach 50 wins or you max the moves you are able to get.
  • If arena were to break down to brackets such as above (Novice 50), such as 100 wins, 500 wins, 1000 wins and so forth. Yes this will let players get the medal easier but also it will open the the problem for big guilds to do arena and be able to do their DQ.
  • Expanding amount of players in arena. Most arenas are 8/16 capacity. In 8, only 2 players from the same guild can join. For 16 I believe its 3 or 4. So how about making arenas 24 or 36? Solution to this it can let more players from the same guild join. Problem, the time it will start.

This is my ideas and thoughts. Please let me know what you guys think. I just see this subject be brought up a lot. 

I think the idea has merit in the right circumstance as in if we had like 5-10k players. However considering we don't have many players, this would just cause arena to literally never start. It's slow enough as it is, which is part of the reason for this thread.

#133 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 11:09

Hello everyone!

Thanks Arioche

hope you go through thread to check all the ideas to allow all players enjoy this aspect  :)

Edited by shindrak, 21 February 2022 - 11:10.

#134 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 11:11

And what's to stop a guild from simply chatting this in guild chat:
- same can can done via discord as it is at this moment and arena rules, without any guild restrictions what so ever

"Hey guys, there's a bunch of new arenas and they all need 8 people. 7 join naked so 1 can join with gear and it'll be a for sure win."
- that way that one dude has almos same chanses as before them 7 joining ( well maybe 1st round win, but it does not matter), they 7 will just lose their money and lose to 8 off guild players that enter the tourney
It's that easy and abuseable regardless if using your own sets or guild tagged equipment, which I'm pretty sure that is why there is a cap and will always be a cap.
-no good arena player tells guildies or others the sets to use, its something everyone needs to do on their own, because you gotta trim setups constantly based on other strong arena players, to get wins. And on top of that, who on their right mind would wanna mess their combat sets constantly...that to the guildie rule###
As I posted earlier in this thread, just create tabs for level ranges and make 20-30 arena's in each of those ranges. Problem solved. - got nothing on this

Edited by Artzik, 21 February 2022 - 12:05.

#135 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 11:27

And yeah i might join arenas too some times, usually the ones i think about joining are filled thanks to 25%, then i just let it be for next month or so, untill i get that dumd idea of joining again in my mind

#136 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 12:11

FAIL, not working with current amount of players

Edited by Artzik, 21 February 2022 - 12:12.

#137 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 15:37

The 25% Guild mate arena rule should be changed to the following.

Joining with all your own gear = bypass 25% rule
Joining with Guild Tagged gear = 25% rule applies

=== yes im all for that ( 50% minimum), infact id be all for 75% or even removing all restrictions. It would work just the same, atleast within our guild, competitive as it is. All against all, but diffirence being all that would wanna join could do so ...

#138 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 15:55

=== yes im all for that ( 50% minimum), infact id be all for 75% or even removing all restrictions. It would work just the same, atleast within our guild, competitive as it is. All against all, but diffirence being all that would wanna join could do so ...

An adjustment to the cap is a great idea.... 

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#139 Artzik

Artzik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 18:39

Btw last timeI joined Arena it was in beginning of this month....Took over 2 Weeks before that arena  finally rolled. Might be good idea to just force start arenas that havenĀ“t started within 48 hours with the people that have joined, if one player is missing opponent add one poor npc  (random Mercenary)  to match. no need for too fancy code since merchenarys are allready there.

Edited by Artzik, 21 February 2022 - 18:48.

#140 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 19:16

I'd stick pretty in favor of the original OP. I do think there should be at least a 25% limit for joining with guild gear. Think about it, a guild full of 100 people can utilize just one set of every item to join arenas? That is very broken and bad for the market.

If you want to buy your own gear you can bypass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: