11 replies to this topic

#1 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:41

Here in this forum I'd like to make a few quality of life suggestions for the PvP and the game.

- First:

In the PvP Ladder: it seems that Guild mates are unable to compete with one and other this should be addressed. Anyone who has opted into the PvP ladder should be able to compete. However currently if multiple people from the same guild opt into the ladder they are unable to compete this is totally unfair and should be fixed.

- Secondly:

Due to the overwhelming population in this game, I strongly feel that the attack range between Player vs Players needs to be expanded especially in the higher levels.

700 - 999 = Should be able to attack anyone within 25 levels of their own personal virtual level

1000 - 1999 = Should be able to attack anyone within 50 levels of their own personal virtual level

2000 - 3000 = Should be able to attack anyone within 100 levels of their own personal virtual level

- Thirdly:

Above I suggested increasing the range of personal attacks in game, the same should be done for GvG.

In addition the games " TOP RATED " contains many inactive guilds - WHY??? History is nice but it should not hold a place on a Top Rated section of the game. In addition to the TOP RATED being brought up to date I'd like to suggest Quarterly Resets for the Top Rated GvG guilds. By doing this accomplishes clean competition and proper incentive for guilds to compete and not lose focus especially due to the quarterly resets.  

Also note that Guild RP packages could use some love as well - Remove older packs and replace with new packs please.

Please feel free to comment - Open to ideas and suggestions.

- Chazz

Edited by Chazz224, 27 October 2016 - 02:18.

#2 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:15

sexy mouth watering packs 

200.gif

#3 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:19

200.gifFixed now

#4 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:39

VxOprne.gif

I love PVP... and I like the suggested range-changes :)

And I'd love the chance to smack my guild-mates! :D I am pretty sure most of them feel the same way, but I'll only speak for myself.. lol

Edited by Mzzery, 27 October 2016 - 02:41.

og3DxyP.gif

#5 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:00

I like all of the suggestions you made Chazz. I've always felt guild mates should be able to compete on ladder, however it does open a loophole for foul play.

#6 daripper41

daripper41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:00

Sounds pretty good,,,,hope some certain people at least think about this

#7 Mickstar72

Mickstar72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:40

Sounds pretty good :)

#8 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:47

I like all of the suggestions you made Chazz. I've always felt guild mates should be able to compete on ladder, however it does open a loophole for foul play.

This look hole is precisely why point 1 will never be changed. This will only make the ladder an even less competitive place which is just full of collusion and inter guild cooperation. I hop to never see this implemented in the future, it would devalue the pvp ladder even further.

Edited by Davros81, 27 October 2016 - 06:48.

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 19:27

I agree with Davros on the collusion issue. However, I would note that collusion will always exist and already does despite the Guild issue. I do think that's part of the game as well.

I also think Chazz that you should separate your post into PvP and GvG suggestions. These are severely different game aspects in my eye.

I have a long-standing thought that the real issue with the BB is how rewards are allocated. I've spoken on occasion about how to reallocate for both sides of the equation.

On the one-hand, not to the detriment of Guilds that strive to protect their members. On the other, making a sliding scale on punishment-payment that will encourage players to bother to post bounties. 

I insist on keeping the counter-bounty system.

The payment issue, in my eye, is the major reasons why non-PvPers don't bother to bounty and why Bounty Hunters have no targets.

My suggestion is low on my priority list. Check back in 2020, lmao.

To get right to my opinion on your points: 

Firstly. Nope.

Secondly, if there was really an overwhelming game population, there would be more players in each range. Beyond that, leveling out of range is key for levelers. That said, you can level up or down to have more targets if you PvP. 

Thirdly. Again, I'd keep GvG separate. But yes... new top rateds based on activity need to be considered. A first shot just on the Guild XP is still being looked at.

Edit... needed to find the quote.

Anyway, this was Hoof's response (which pretty much applies to all Guild rankings and which I think most agree with):

I like this idea  :)

I agree that it should be a separate top list for Guilds using this value, but actually I think it should be the default one that people see when they view top guilds, but the other 'overall' version should still be accessible.

Edited by Egami, 27 October 2016 - 19:32.

#10 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 21:48

I agree with Davros on the collusion issue. However, I would note that collusion will always exist and already does despite the Guild issue. I do think that's part of the game as well.

I also think Chazz that you should separate your post into PvP and GvG suggestions. These are severely different game aspects in my eye.

I have a long-standing thought that the real issue with the BB is how rewards are allocated. I've spoken on occasion about how to reallocate for both sides of the equation.

On the one-hand, not to the detriment of Guilds that strive to protect their members. On the other, making a sliding scale on punishment-payment that will encourage players to bother to post bounties. 

I insist on keeping the counter-bounty system.

The payment issue, in my eye, is the major reasons why non-PvPers don't bother to bounty and why Bounty Hunters have no targets.

My suggestion is low on my priority list. Check back in 2020, lmao.

To get right to my opinion on your points: 

Firstly. Nope.

Secondly, if there was really an overwhelming game population, there would be more players in each range. Beyond that, leveling out of range is key for levelers. That said, you can level up or down to have more targets if you PvP. 

Thirdly. Again, I'd keep GvG separate. But yes... new top rateds based on activity need to be considered. A first shot just on the Guild XP is still being looked at.

Edit... needed to find the quote.

Anyway, this was Hoof's response (which pretty much applies to all Guild rankings and which I think most agree with):

The game has a small population of players at this time - this is why I suggest expanding the PvP Ranges. When I was talking about the over population it was intended to be a sarcastic.

The reason that people don't bounty as often as they once did - is due to the lack of players that are participating in pvp at this time. Any lack of population will slow things down on all aspects. PvP good, bad, indifferent - creates competition among other players and also creates bonds and friendships where it get's people talking to one and other. I've also said that the only reason to level in this game is to have and maintain a tactical advantage over other players, but at the end of the day it's all about PvP. Increased Level - Increased Stats = PvP and tactical advantages over other players. The NPC's were only created to help entertain us in between leveling and PvP...

#11 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 21:52

lol

#12 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 16:13

Interesting take on it.

I stopped putting up bounties because of one to many PvP players telling me that my bounty just bought me some 100  stam hits.  Some were delivered, ( finally put up PvP protection) some were not, but enough were given to make me back off.  Got real tired, I did.

I used to look at players and gear all the time, between hunts, and saw this in many a bio:  Your response to my 10 stam hit will dictate the next one.  There is a number of players still here that have a  hard time accepting the bounty board as my game sanctioned response to their PvP attacks. Now I don't look at other players nearly as often.

I go play another game, it's more calming to my chi.  I doubt I'm alone in viewing the bounty board and PvP this way.

To each their own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: