• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 schmieux

schmieux

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:37

I don't know what happened, but I can't get it to work anymore with firefox.  I have use FSH for years and sometime over the weekend, it stopped working. I removed and reloaded, firefox, greasemonkey and FShelper.  When I click to install the script, nothing happens.  It shows that it is installed under add-ons in firefox, but there is nothing in FS, it is even absent under preferences. Anyone else having this problem?  Anyone have any help?

#2 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 18:04

Firefox used to be bad about having a couple of files that would get corrupted now and then. Try going to "Help" then "Troubleshooting Information" Click "Open Folder" and look for two files starting with "extensions"  and delete them both. Close all browser windows and restart Firefox.  I've had to do that several times in the past. One reason I use Chrome now. lol

*EDIT* OK, I just tried it and only the file extensions can be deleted now on the newer version of FF. That may help though. 

#3 schmieux

schmieux

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:41

Thanks, I tried that, but it still didn't work. I had to close firefox to delete the two extension files. When I restarted it, it asked to reload greasemonkey. Then I have tried to load the FSH script, but when I click on "install" nothing happens. Any more suggestions?

#4 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 13:14

Use Chrome?

#5 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 13:52

Uninstall FF. Delete the install program on your pc and re-download it from scratch.  That way you have a clean download. 

#6 Xaero1369

Xaero1369

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:24

I've also had an issue with a newer version of Firefox with Greasemonkey & FSHelper.  There's a dropdown arrow/menu next to the Greasemonkey Icon in the FF toolbar.  Ensure you have Enable checked in that menu & it should work from there.  You will probably have to click on the install script again.  Hope this helps you & some others with the same issue.

#7 schmieux

schmieux

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 13:30

Uninstall FF. Delete the install program on your pc and re-download it from scratch.  That way you have a clean download. 

Thanks, Tharzill. I did that (making sure to delete the extension files) and it worked. Cheers!

#8 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 15:17

Glad to here that it worked!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana