Photo

For the miner main with little time

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: was this helpful? 0-10 scale, 10 best, 0 none (54 member(s) have cast votes)

was this helpful? 0-10 scale, 10 best, 0 none

1. ~0 (4 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

2. ~1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. ~2 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. ~3 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. ~4 (1 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

6. Voted ~5 (2 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

7. ~6 (1 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

8. Voted ~7 (4 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

9. ~8 (5 votes [9.26%])

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

10. Voted ~9 (10 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

11. Voted ~10 (27 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Skallagrime

Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 May 2007 - 13:12

For the miner main with little time

First priority is to have someone big get you to around 750 in levels

secondly the big question has to be wtf do i do with my levels? o.O
take your levels and get 500 base ap, thats first, THEN:
In answer to the REST of the levels, there are many answers to this question, and it begins with another question, when i eventually get levelling on my own, do i want to toss loads more ap down into sorcery or do i want to go the easier route of using melee?
which of course doesnt give you a definitive answer, but its a start, next you need to decide, do i want to use ac or defense to not die? beleive me, not dying when you eventually hunt is a BIG thing, defense is slower to begin with, but has a higher gain in the long run, Ac on the other hand means you'll NEVER die as opposed to defence meaning you'll SOMETIMES die

For elves, shadows and undead i suggest DEF
For Greenie, Demon, and Angel, I suggest AC
Also, for melee, Elven and Titans will accellerate in leveling capacity more swiftly at first, dark elves eventually slowing down around 2250, titans shooting ahead in potential, whereas angel spirit and demon classes will progress slowly but around 3250 in level hit a massively larger potential than they had before

Melee - rotation of distribution every 30 levels you get
5 - ATK
5 - DEF/AC
15 - DMG

this means that at level 1750 your base stats will roughly look like this
ATK~ 500
DEF/AC~ 250
HP~10
MP~10
AP~500
DMG~750

after that you should have a firm handle on what to do

Sorcery Route - rotation of distribution every 30 levels you get
10 - DEF/AC
5 - HP
15 - MP

this means that at level 1750 your base stats will roughly look like this
ATK~ 0
DEF/AC~ 500
HP~500
MP~1500
AP~500
DMG~0

however on the sorcery route, more important than your levels are your + wisdom gear, get as much as possible

btw, sorcery leveling is slow, laborious, and falls far behind meleeing it as a miner, my advice is dont

now, on to mining smelting etc
your first purchase must be the time shifter stone, having aquired that, mine, smelt and orb till you have a good chunk of the orbs needed to cast time shift, you'l need to restock from time to time, but the extra ap is goign to be valuable

after this, i would suggest a bit of questing, being level 750, you should be wearing this gear

Ring1 - Godlike Ring of Benevolance
Ring2 - Charmed Pyroxene Ring
Ring3 - Pyroxene Ring
Amulet1 - Cryptic Ultimismo Amulet

Everything else is fluff, granted nice fluff, but fluff

Miner MUST DO Quests:
Master Miner
Crazed Smelter
Mine Fighter

yes, you really need only those 3 (aside from the gear above)

then sit back and log in once every 4 days click a button about 4 times and check back in in 4 days, i'd suggest stints of 100 levels in mining and smelting mining first naturally

of course, as you gain skill points, place them accordingly

Skilled Miner (50)
Skilled Smelter (50)
Mine Worker (10)
Smelt Worker (10)

what to smelt, when to smelt

Mining/Smelting/Foraging Sheets

IMPORTANT NOTES
1. The Mining and smelting sheets assumes that it is a miner doing the mining and smelting, this will NOT work for unsubclassed, mage or warrior classes
2. The Mining List assumes that you have the Advanced Skill "Mine Worker" maxed (10/10), if you do NOT, add 10 mining levels to the sheet.
3. The Smelting List assumes that you have the Advanced Skill "Smelt Worker" maxed (10/10), if you do NOT, add 10 smelting levels to the sheet.
4. The Foraging List assumes that you have the Advanced Skill "Rambler" maxed (20/20), if you do NOT, add 20 Foraging levels to the sheet.
5. * Kamrack refinery gives you the minimum level of a 99% chance to smelt, but you will probably NOT be able to use it to level your smelting more than one or 2 levels, as it a.is a moving smelt, and b. the ore is a drop to be hunted.
6. The Mystic Iron and Copper smelting require copper and iron ore to be used, save yourself time and agravation, the moving shop in oceanianas sells them, 1 ap for 100 ore (buying), or one ap for 1.5 ore (mining) you do the math :-P
7. if you dont have level 32 minimum mining and smelting as of reading this, start on crystal ore and crystal bars, should be about one week maximum to get there, far less if you have decent + mining/smelting gear
As of 5/19/2007 this is the fastest route to level your mining, smelting or foraging cheers :-)

MINES
Silver : 32
Zircon/Coral : 51
Coral : 51
Xonotolite : 107
Titanium : 107
Kunzite : 136
Osumilite : 242
Nagayagite : 332
Datolite : 496
Pyramid Sand : 586
Nitratine : 796
Blue Crystal 920
Pyroxene : 940
Yellow Crystal 1070
Black Ash : 1,208
Spore : 1,338
Patriarch Relic : 1692
Molten Ore : 2002
Lava Ore : 2073

Maxed : 2,074

SMELTS
Silver : 32
Zircon : 51
Coral : 70
Xonotolite : 117
Titanium : 138
Kunzite : 138
Pyroxene : 189
Mystic Copper : 245
Osumilite : 266
Mystic Iron : 318
Nagayagite : 339
*Kamrack Refinery : 434
Datolite : 544
Sand Stars : 604
Nitratine : 864
Blue Crystal : 1003
Yellow Crystal : 1072
Black Orbs : 1,072
Spore Essence : 1,269
Patriarch Eyes : 1339
Datan Stones : 1831
Marsis Stones : 1831
Zelus Stones : 2004
Lava Crystal : 2089
Hellfire Crystal : 2173
Lava Rock : 2248

Maxed : 2,249

FORAGING
Blue Dust : 1
Jade Powders : 40
Zenix Energy : 110~
Crystal Spores : 134
Pure Lightning : 151
Floating Dust : 177
Ice Diamonds : 224
Crystal Shards : 282
Spore (Green) : 322
Spore (Blue) : 341
Spore (Purple) : 370
Spore (Yellow) : 458
Patriarch Crystal : 605

Maxed : 630

~just note, if you are boosting up the foraging levels and have a lot of + foraging gear, you may wish to opt out of foraging zenix energy as your items will no longer assist your foraging levels in the zenix home-world and would thereby cause disadvantageous ap loss on top of the ap cut for being in the realm in the first place

#2 gothador_ruham

gothador_ruham
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 19:59

8) guide i voted a 9 :P

i'd just like to add the enormous benefits of wearing some other +mining and +smelting gear to get the best mine/smelt xp:

for example, lets say you're miner class, have base mining of 10... no advanced skills, wearing the charmed pyro and godlike rings (as above) gives +15 for total of 25
you could
mine iron at 99% chance (which btw its best to buy the ores at merchant vessel in the ocean)
mine crystal or gold at 95% chance
(gold can also be bought)
mine monazite at 65% chance
mine pyrite at 50% chance
mine rutile at 35% chance
mine silver at 25% chance

if you then put on a:
amulet of the miner (+5)
tunneler rune (+10)
used a runar amulet (or did the quest "frozen fang"), to wear a rune of ice (+2)
ring of ares (+1) from lvl 300 quest, be sure to borrow a halcyon key before you start this quest
dajsa pyrite trinket (+2)

you'd have base 10 +35 from equip, total lvl 45
now you could
mine up through pyrite at 99% chance
mine rutile at 95% chance
mine silver at 85% chance

since pyrite gives 3x the mining xp as iron, your mining lvls will go up 3x faster. literally 18 ap spent at pyrite will give you 2 mining lvls (with master miner ;) ) which brings you up to rutile at 99%. a mere 27 ap spent at rutile gives 3 more levels, movin on up to silver at 99%. mine less than 500 ap at silver, and you'll be doin zircon and coral at 99% (total lvl 75). that's less than 550 ap spent mining to get your base from 10 to 40. makes a huge difference in the beginning.

even if you need those lesser ores/bars, you can mine them for what you need, keeping the extra to a minimum.

----------------------
as far as the time-honored tradition of putting 500 lvl ups into AP for miners, i only agree if you can only login every 3-4 days. if you can usually find the time to login every other day, the cryptic ultimismo ami, pyroxene rings, and especially an amulet of ultimate action, make it so you really don't need all that extra ap. personally, i think its best to put on the equipment, then add what you need to AP so you don't max out between logins (though you will need some AP to get the ultimismo ami to begin with). better to put it into other lvl up areas.

fyi, the timeshift only helps if you login everyday anyhow, even if someone else hits ya, the benefit doesn't start until you login/refresh. it does not give the ap back to when it was cast.

#3 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:05

A guide of what to mine (In order), when to mine it, and how long to mine it, would really help it out too.

#4 gothador_ruham

gothador_ruham
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:49

A guide of what to mine (In order), when to mine it, and how long to mine it, would really help it out too.

dang, thats a tall order :P there's an awesome spreadsheet harald put out there, i dunno if an updated version is available - i updated my version, but its hard to follow if you aint me :P i added some sheets with what ur lookin for, someday, maybe i'll finish, clean it up and post it

#5 shannanan

shannanan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 15:26

i had one somewhere...lemme see if i can dig it up.....*looks at skalla*

#6 gothador_xindi

gothador_xindi
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 18:48

dang, thats a tall order :P there's an awesome spreadsheet harald put out there, i dunno if an updated version is available - i updated my version, but its hard to follow if you aint me :P i added some sheets with what ur lookin for, someday, maybe i'll finish, clean it up and post it

That is a tall order... and it depends on what your goals are too doesn't it? If you are strictly looking to get to the highest level possible without regard to material gained then you'd be working different stuff than if you also cared about having some useable stock while you get to those uber levels.
Best mine/smelt xp:ap is not the only variable for the long climb to being a useful lil miner subclass. However if that is what you are looking for the gow already has a nifty calculator out there:
http://www.guildofwi...ting/picker.asp
You punch in your level for mine/smelt/orb/forage and it spits out the xp per ap for various items. :wink:

#7 Skallagrime

Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 00:40

as far as the time-honored tradition of putting 500 lvl ups into AP for miners, i only agree if you can only login every 3-4 days. if you can usually find the time to login every other day, the cryptic ultimismo ami, pyroxene rings, and especially an amulet of ultimate action, make it so you really don't need all that extra ap. personally, i think its best to put on the equipment, then add what you need to AP so you don't max out between logins (though you will need some AP to get the ultimismo ami to begin with). better to put it into other lvl up areas.

firstly, you mistook what i said its 500 base, not 500 levelups :-P
secondly, i DID call it the guide for a main with LITTLE time

bah, easy :-P

view original post

#8 Skallagrime

Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 00:47

ungrateful idiot gits, if youre going to give a low mark on helpfulness, then have the balls to say what you dont understand due to lack of literacy/intelligence level, that i may dumb it down for you. :evil:

#9 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:40

ungrateful idiot gits, if youre going to give a low mark on helpfulness, then have the balls to say what you dont understand due to lack of literacy/intelligence level, that i may dumb it down for you. :evil:

:shock: nice intellectual comeback and i actually found this helpful for my miner so ner to all you ickle weeny whingers :twisted:

#10 shannanan

shannanan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:46

skalla, gah your help isnt good enough, and you dont know jack about teh game :P

#11 Skallagrime

Skallagrime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 19:06

skalla, gah your help isnt good enough, and you dont know jack about teh game :P

i know, i guess i'll just get back to molesting the blood lord again

#12 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 19:57

i know, i guess i'll just get back to molesting the blood lord again

:shock:

#13 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:09

firstly, you mistook what i said its 500 base, not 500 levelups :-P
secondly, i DID call it the guide for a main with LITTLE time

bah, easy :-P

view original post

Groovy, just add in the link Xindi posted. *Votes a 10*

#14 gothador_darksbane

gothador_darksbane
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2007 - 16:39

Thanks very much SkallaGrim for a nifty little guide. Thanks to you and the other advice I got from the board I can finally mine and smelt Kunzite and I finally have an idea of where to place those levels up points.

Now I just need to work on my levels.

#15 AlBDarned

AlBDarned

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 14:51

bumpin'

nice post skalla ... nice to have the xp lvls laid out so nicely :D

#16 gothador_asphyxiatio

gothador_asphyxiatio
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2007 - 00:38

heehee actually skalla this is a damm fine guide and deserves the credit due to you now collonna play nice or write better hahahahahahaha

and molesting the blood lord sheesh next youll be stuffin the sausage lol
10/10 for a dammed good guide :-D

#17 gothador_narf

gothador_narf
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:06

Couple things I would like to add.

First off, even if you ARE a melee miner, you can often get more exp/ap with sorcery at lower levels. So use that defense bonus, and go kill big things at low levels (you can get a ton of defense with gear + 50% to defense, you can do this even if you are becoming a melee/AC miner).

Secondly, when mining for ores/bars you may want to consider usefulness in addition to exp/ap. As Xindi said.

And third, and probably most importantly, USE ITEMS THAT GIVE +MINING AND + SMELTING!!!! If that means leveling first, until you can get to those items, do so.

Lastly, I disagree with Skalla on the amount of base AP you should have. 200 base AP would be my suggestion early on. If you are a melee miner, you could have 500 base AP, or you could have 200 base AP and 150 more base damage starting out. That's a lot, yo. So while 400 or 500 base AP is nice, it's certainly not needed (especially once you get to about level 1000 with good AP gear). Just means a little more work getting there. But to each their own.

And Narf will be back, I still have a huge amount of USPs to spend after all.

XD

#18 gothador_deadlykitte

gothador_deadlykitte
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 14:56

wow i just made a minor im glade someone out there layed something out for those of us who are clue less ty and the guids are being a great help

#19 GIZMO

GIZMO

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:13

Top guide great help
thanks now my bonded will be surprised when she gets back from LIMBOLAND

lmao
11/10 for excellence

#20 Druantia

Druantia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 16:24

Limboland?

Oh dear I really do need to adjust my meds. I thought I was in the Frozen North o.O

Great guide by the way. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: