Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:28

We've made some improvements to our code that handles moving around the world on a map with an active Titan. We're hoping this will resolve the errors players were getting that they moved too quickly.

Please let us know how you get on. We've noticed you still sometimes get the 'You cannot move more than 1 square.' errors but the client should now resolve your moment without moving your character backwards if it can.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 Agni13

Agni13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:38

The level progress indicator, that red thing on top, and stamina isn't being updated on the map automatically while hunting. Refreshing the page using F5, or clicking on "World" does update it, though.

#3 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:07

We updated the Javascript, reload the page.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#4 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:31

Did you people fix the Titan Doubler bugg, aswell? People been abusing it for days.

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 13:24

Thanks HCS *crosses fingers*

#6 tief

tief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 15:13

This is off topic but i still have issues with my quest book, its all scattered around still..

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 May 2015 - 15:18

Did you people fix the Titan Doubler bugg, aswell? People been abusing it for days.

What bug do you refer to?

#8 darknin12

darknin12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 15:29

What bug do you refer to?

I haven't been very active with titans lately so I'm not completely sure, but I was told that some people were taking advantage of a bug that made Titan Doubler level 600 with buff enhancer. Also, I've noticed a bunch of players from a certain guild with level 400 deflect so I'm not sure if that was part of the buff enhancer bug as well.

Edited by darknin12, 11 May 2015 - 15:31.

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 May 2015 - 15:32

The Buff Enhancer bug has already been dealt with. 

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 15:46

Nuts... was going to take a shot at Graganath to see how things were working after the improvement, but somebody is already finishing it off.

Anybody have input on the improvements?

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 May 2015 - 16:08

I beat up Gorgeanaka for a bit to test it. No issues.

#12 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 11 May 2015 - 17:45

I'll work on trying to hunt one later tonight (if a titan spanws that isn't on cool-down). I'll report back if I can to see if any issues popped up. I will say the last titan I hunted, I didn't receive nearly as many errors/moving script issues as last week. 

#13 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 18:44

I've been plagued with "you cannot move more than 1 square at a time" for the past few days/weeks. Whatever you did today is a huge improvement. haven't seen it at all yet. plus i'm showing 528 online and the server is running blazing fast.

I've just noticed that FSH is interfering with the combat viewer since this change. I'll try to look at it this week.

20150313 Update - seems to be back to the way it was before now. Laggy, lots of messages.

20150518 Update - I suspect that FSH is interfering with movement. Extensions off was a lot better. Hunt mode was tolerable.

Edited by PointyHair, 18 May 2015 - 20:01.

#14 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 18:45

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Thanks!

#15 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 23:16

just did a hunt -still a bit of 'you cant move more than 1 square' but xp bar / stamina is frozen till you reload page 

#16 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 22:26

Hopefully it doesnt go back slow and laggy after afew days

Problem was more about when you move to  titan and stand on titan it keeps showing moving... on "action list" for like 3-5 seconds specially when there another opponents hunting it

theres a delay from server or something ..

i didn't hunt titan yet but hope you have fixed this

Edited by shindrak, 12 May 2015 - 22:28.

#17 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 May 2015 - 15:45

It feels like it's been slightly fixed. There was only 1 time in the past few hunts that I've had where my guy went all crazy (moving multiple squares after I had moved) with the cannot move more than 1 space at a time. However, the thing I noticed is there is a bit more lag between moving versus prior to the update. I'll take it though if those titan movement items stop popping up (which it really did). I didn't get many of the movement issues when moving at the same speed as someone else, which usually happened prior. I want to test the waters with a much more populous hunting group, but on a cool down for most of the more popular titans. 

Thanks for the update here - looks like it's going pretty well so far. Thumbs up from me.

#18 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:30

I had a few of these movements last night --- all on maps without titans present.

It was patchy: periods that worked fine, split by a couple of periods where I kept getting the "can't move more than one square" message, making it stop partway to destination, and occassionally choosing some random destinations (only a few squares away) to move to in the process.

#19 esmeraldus

esmeraldus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 17:36

problems improve when there are others player hunting a titan on the same map (and by the way when the number of people in game is "high").

and, by the way, lag is quite heavy

#20 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 19:19

problems improve when there are others player hunting a titan on the same map (and by the way when the number of people in game is "high").

and, by the way, lag is quite heavy

That what i was talking about ! seems its getting laggy when there other players on same titan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: