Photo

How it all began..

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 fs_mrwright

fs_mrwright
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2010 - 23:13

Ah yes, nothing like a nice, fair 4(?) on 1 fight.

Haha. :lol:

How pathetic.

#42 fs_k3mb4ll

fs_k3mb4ll
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2010 - 20:58

Sounds to me like there is a ton of SCARED whiny folks who are jealous of a champion guild who can do anything they want!

Just my 2 cents. or maybe 1 euro

#43 SgtDrunkie

SgtDrunkie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:57

Sounds to me like there is a ton of SCARED whiny folks who are jealous of a champion guild who can do anything they want!

FFS can't do everything, and are not untouchable. One guild has figured this out and will cause us a tonne of trouble.....

#44 danny1977

danny1977

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:22

FFS can't do everything, and are not untouchable. One guild has figured this out and will cause us a tonne of trouble.....

who said he was talking about FFS :mrgreen:

#45 fs_swords79

fs_swords79
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:42

This WAr just made my best friend quit. :evil:

#46 fs_scarybug

fs_scarybug
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:05

I immensely enjoyed the first post of this thread, thank you, Mr. Doom. It's good to see roleplay is not dead in FS :D But pray tell, has there been an update on the war(s)? I may not be a frequent bounty hunter, but I notice the BB has been as empty as usual during the last 2-3 days?

#47 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:09

I immensely enjoyed the first post of this thread, thank you, Mr. Doom. It's good to see roleplay is not dead in FS :D But pray tell, has there been an update on the war(s)? I may not be a frequent bounty hunter, but I notice the BB has been as empty as usual during the last 2-3 days?

Only the last day or so. There is a cease fire atm. I'm itching to know the rest of the story too lol

#48 BlackSun

BlackSun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:40

This WAr just made my best friend quit. :evil:

I'm really sorry to hear that Swords. I'll say that this war has strained some relationships of my own as well.

I think I can summon 'How it all began' a bit more briefly. I'm not sure I buy all that PvP morality police stuff.. some players are just looking for an excuse to cause trouble. One guild willingly entered a relic pact for their own benefit, and then broke said pact as soon as soon it was no longer benefiting them. Its true there is a ceasefire at the moment, hopefully this thing can be worked out to everyones satisfaction.

#49 fs_jinxxx

fs_jinxxx
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:45

One guild willingly entered a relic pact for their own benefit, and then broke said pact as soon as it was no longer benefiting them. Its true there is a ceasefire at the moment, hopefully this thing can be worked out to everyones satisfaction.

Go wikipedia appeasement and how that worked out with Hitler. Crush themmmmm. For everyone's general amusement.. I mean for the good of FS. :roll:

#50 SgtDrunkie

SgtDrunkie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:52

One guild willingly entered a relic pact for their own benefit, and then broke said pact as soon as it was no longer benefiting them. Its true there is a ceasefire at the moment, hopefully this thing can be worked out to everyones satisfaction.

Go wikipedia appeasement and how that worked out with Hitler. Crush themmmmm. For everyone's general amusement.. I mean for the good of FS. :roll:

This thread is officially over. I call on Godwin's law.

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

#51 BlackSun

BlackSun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:57

Maybe we just need to get HCS to drop an A-bomb. Lol

#52 fs_adknet03

fs_adknet03
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:42

I always believe in peace & serenity as its a game, so why must u feel stressed?
FS is a game to me, to relieve from the reel life stress which i believe many others are doing the same.
Usually i will not get myself involved in conflicts unless my guild is been implicated in...

When the war started, i was still puzzled by, why are guilds being pulled in by other guild's personal grudges?

Well after understanding the situation, its so obvious what kind of guild it is.
If they can't have it, nobody can.
I know.... Many will say "It's a game, nobody is safe" It's a selfish analogy, I understand, but still....
But to make it sound as if the guild is not an A** & has got no choice but to do it, is ridiculous.
Action taken by them & Words quoted like "begging" for peace from other guilds is too far fetched & obviously they don't or maybe never respect other guilds before.
They claimed that a particular guild don't show respect to others, but now its so obvious who ain't showing it.

It's like communism in FS. A top guild's problems becomes other innocent guild's problem.
Everyone shld hv the same fate as they think FS evolves around them.
i wonder if it's the other way round, what would the reaction be? :roll:

Hopefully a settlement can be reached soon.

Above is only my opinion and i don't represent anyone or any guild's stand.

#53 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:48

This thread is officially over. I call on Godwin's law.

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

well, Frackers themselves prefer a comparison involving Osama bin Laden, I can't forget how TDA's post was compared to Osama bin Laden's "Letter to the American People"...

People are not that different from one another, and act similarly under similar conditions.

#54 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:23

Two thoughts ...

1) Perhaps they were bored and it wasn't about grudges ... what do most of you do at EOC? When titan hunting doesn't cut it anymore?

2) Whats to stop someone from regaining PvP Rating?

Nice write-up on the original post, but it would have been funny if you name dropped.

#55 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:42

When the war started, i was still puzzled by, why are guilds being pulled in by other guild's personal grudges?

Well after understanding the situation, its so obvious what kind of guild it is.
If they can't have it, nobody can.

Ok, imagine that angellife was only top guild without empowered relics and bonuses, how would you keep your existing members and recruit new higher level players to your guild? Whatever you say now, you would start taking relics from other top guilds if you were in similar situation. The relic bonuses seem very important since even highly independent higher level players joining the top guilds to get them. If one of the top guilds can't provide those bonuses they might lose some of their members to other top guilds that can, the same is for recruiting new members.

#56 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:18

hehe mis-read, my bad

#57 fs_swords79

fs_swords79
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:40

This war needs to end NOW! to much drama is going on. it's bad for FS

#58 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 14:14

There are wars going on all the time, this one just happened to involve the top guilds. Proportionately, it's not any better or worse for FS than wars between other guilds, it's just more noticeable. The real drama comes when people that aren't a member of any of the guilds involved think they know best and start sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong.*

*All opinions expressed by me are my own and are not a representation of any other person or guild.

#59 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 15:35

There are wars going on all the time, this one just happened to involve the top guilds. Proportionately, it's not any better or worse for FS than wars between other guilds, it's just more noticeable. The real drama comes when people that aren't a member of any of the guilds involved think they know best and start sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong.*

*All opinions expressed by me are my own and are not a representation of any other person or guild.

The day you have started to ask other players to leave your bounties for a specific guild, you got them involved. Many pvp'ers have respect for wars between guilds, so you had less takers on your bounties, however, if you continue with posts like above and show disrespect to people you were asking to leave your bounties, you might find it harder to use the bounty board for your wars in future.

#60 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 18:22

The day you have started to ask other players to leave your bounties for a specific guild, you got them involved. Many pvp'ers have respect for wars between guilds, so you had less takers on your bounties, however, if you continue with posts like above and show disrespect to people you were asking to leave your bounties, you might find it harder to use the bounty board for your wars in future.

Duly noted and I will take my lashings for my attitude but by the same token, I'm getting a little tired of hearing I'm ruining the game because my guild happens to be in a high profile war. Wars are a constant part of this game and I'll repeat my sentiment that this war is no different than all the others. I'm sorry if somebody left the game because that's not anybody's intention but people find some kind of reason to leave all the time. If they were truly happy in the game, they would have found a reason to stay. I'm not trying to knock any one person or group of people, I'm just saying this war is a part of the game like all the other wars that happen on a daily basis. I won't name any names but there are guilds that are constantly in some war or another and nobody calls them down for being detrimental to the game so why is this one killing the game all of a sudden?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: