You basic One-hitting Guide to levels 140-185

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 fs_eddyd

fs_eddyd
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2007 - 21:22

Having been through most of these levels, I know they are a pain. That's why i put together this list of what I used, and one-hitted with. I hope it helps with the problem of one-hitting for people fast approaching the dreaded 140+ levels.

Step One; Get all your Level Up points allocated in Damage.

Step Two:
Drake Armor FFed
Drake Shield FFed
Drake Sword FFed
Deep Gloves FFed
Helm of Ilami FFed
Mancrusha Amulet FFed
Jahd Ring FFed
Boots of Umah FFed
Rune of Decay FFed

Gloves of Tenlai FFed

Samaels Void Spear
Samaels Void Ring FFed
Samaels Void Boots

Gloves of Fesalo FFed

Greshas Rune

Gloves of Palecron FFed

Amulet of Sidel

Axe of Brettal
Marpolo Helmet FFed
Marpolo Armor FFed
Marpolo Gloves FFed
Boots of Pelacroz FFed

Iron Ring of Fenaz

Step Three
You will need offensive buffs along with this equipment, such as EA, EW, Fury, Berserk, and DC is very important in the 150+ levels.

Note: If you ever find yourself with a little too little attack, switching to a Drake Rune should do the trick.

#2 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 21:29

Edit:

All the above buffs at 140 or higher is preferable. There also other helpful buffs such as Last Ditch, Shockwave and Holy Flame comes in useful against some creatures, etc. :D

#3 fs_dapredator

fs_dapredator
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2007 - 22:36

And note that defiance and deep pockets can help with the losses when going suicidal 8)

#4 allenplay

allenplay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 23:02

Cool guide 8)

But I dont think Im willing to spend all that FSP and gold hellforging them.

#5 fs_sos96340

fs_sos96340
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:55

i only hellforged Iron Ring of Fenaz during passing 140-186

#6 fs_tawniteamo

fs_tawniteamo
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:03

i only hellforged Iron Ring of Fenaz during passing 140-186

but did you 1 hit? this guide kills in 1 hit.

#7 fs_gabahey

fs_gabahey
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:24

at lvl 140 if you got baron set you dont need all the rest FFed right ?

#8 fs_eddyd

fs_eddyd
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:57

at lvl 140 if you got baron set you dont need all the rest FFed right ?

I'm not so sure as to the baron set since I only test drove it. I would have to do some research on it.

#9 fs_eddyd

fs_eddyd
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:04

The Baron set is better than the common item set up by 200 attack, but has about 10 less damage.

The reason this set is good is because it is cheaper. The Baron set goes for about 350 fsp these days. Plus the amount to FF the other items you would need, you are looking at a good 450 FSP for the entire set up. The common item set up will only run about 250 FSP. Note: these prices are off the top of my head and are not very accurate. Nonetheless, The common item set up I posted is much cheaper, and works just as well. It is just the person's preference of which they would like to use.

#10 fs_dapredator

fs_dapredator
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:23

depending on what stats you have, you may need to alter your stats a bit in to attack, as Leshis have over 900 defense and only around 1500-1600 hp+armor, in which case Rarek gear may help

#11 fs_maegglin

fs_maegglin
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2007 - 18:04

This is not really a guide - more like a list of the highest possible damage gear. It can induce a false sense of certitude (I will buy all this and then I will kill everything in my path) - while it's not like that. The essential of one hit killing past 140 is "understand what you are doing". Know your enemy, know your required stats, know gear alternatives.

Issues (at least important ones):

- even with this setup you will not be able to one hit everything / even with less damage (like some of these unforged) you can still one hit several creatures. The cost can be a lot less impressive.

- there are several attack modes: 1 hit with survive, 1 hit without survive, 1 hit with creature opening, 2 hit with piercing, 2 hit without piercing, with or without Elite hunter. Understand each of them and then decidewhich one is better for your opponent in your case.

- there are bonuses to damage from Banishment and Holy (5% when at 100%) those are important.

- at some monsters (Leshi for instance) it might even be wise to switch to an Elite hunter setup (build around Mancrusha or Decay).

- while fully forged Marpolo is one of the three options past 175, if you use it you will need to buy a Banshee at 185. The cheapest alternative is what I used from 160 till now (and probably for a while longer): void set + other items, all unforged. It works.

- the baron set brings you attack and armor. No extra deamage. You will still have to buy everything else. The Elite hunter is a good addition (20% to exp) but not worth 350 FSP if you ask me.

If you want to one hit past 142 you will have to understand the fight mechanics, take each monster from FSGuide (beware some stats are not 100% precise), determine your required attack and damage, decide on an approach for items and buffs, test a bit, adapt etc. There is no fast, lazy road.

#12 fs_tikbalang

fs_tikbalang
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:05

You shouldn't have problems hitting with DC and some/all of the following modifications to the setup above:

- FF perfect Gloves of the Deep instead of Tenlai (only 4 less damage, a lot less armor, but about 40 more attack)

- FF perfect Golden Panther Armor instead of Drake - about 90 more attack, you sacrifice around 20 damage but I didn't have any problems...

- FF ex/perfect Nomad Skull ammy instead of Mancrusha - loads more attack, again you only give up around 10 damage.

Use these items +DC against some of the mobs with higher def and you'll still be able to 1-hit and avoid missing except for the random 2%. Except for Leshi - against them I had to switch to Au Xenahs sword, still 1-hit them with no problems.

#13 fs_tawniteamo

fs_tawniteamo
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:14

there are also some levels (145-148) where you can use mancrusha (or khale) and 1 hit with Elite hunter as well :) if all level up points are in damage of course.

#14 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 17:47

Any options for us FSP poor folks that cannot afford to FF every item we got? Or are we just SoL and stuck 2-hitting for a long time to come?

Yup 2 hitting, sorry, I'm using a Decay combo at mo and should be able to 1 hit a few monsters :)

#15 fs_tikbalang

fs_tikbalang
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2007 - 18:13

Any options for us FSP poor folks that cannot afford to FF every item we got? Or are we just SoL and stuck 2-hitting for a long time to come?

Yup 2 hitting, sorry, I'm using a Decay combo at mo and should be able to 1 hit a few monsters :)

Yes, with Decay you should be able to 1-hit Grintz Bees and Orb Spiders (you still need a reset and all the important buffs except EA, and the rest of the damage-heavy gear like Drake Sword etc.) but at least you can 1-hit for about 2-3 levels with EH.

#16 fs_tawniteamo

fs_tawniteamo
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2007 - 21:50

Yes, with Decay you should be able to 1-hit Grintz Bees and Orb Spiders (you still need a reset and all the important buffs except EA, and the rest of the damage-heavy gear like Drake Sword etc.) but at least you can 1-hit for about 2-3 levels with EH.

this can be done in mancrusha as well...I did it myself from 145-148

#17 fs_bladeboss

fs_bladeboss
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2007 - 18:31

Quick question: Once you reach lv. 186, do you switch marpolo for banshee? What items do you need with banshee if you do switch?

#18 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 18:43

Quick question: Once you reach lv. 186, do you switch marpolo for banshee? What items do you need with banshee if you do switch?

At 186 I heard you should stay in the 185 lvl for the another/2 lvls, so keep marpolo.

But I'm not too sure about with Banshee, I think you need about 1k Armor, to survive and not sure about other stats :?

#19 fs_bladeboss

fs_bladeboss
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2007 - 18:46

At 186 I heard you should stay in the 185 lvl for the another/2 lvls, so keep marpolo.

But I'm not too sure about with Banshee, I think you need about 1k Armor, to survive and not sure about other stats :?

Right now I am one hitting but dieing when I miss, so I assume that is what will happen there.

#20 fs_tikbalang

fs_tikbalang
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2007 - 21:47

maegglin has some threads/posts for Banshee vs. Marpolo/Samael and setup at 186+ in this same section.

Let's keep this thread (You basic One-hitting Guide to levels 140-185) on topic please :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: